• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas/Holiday Theme Ideas for a November 14th Show

S
sarahmarie
I am doing a november 14th show and would like to do a christams/holiday theme. does anyone have ideas for this? Thanks

Gifts to go! Layered batter bowls, or mini-fluted cakes decorated (or the new cupcakes!), candy-making (oreo truffles)... what do you want to focus on? Making food gifts to give, or product gift ideas? Cookie party? Thanksgiving meal ideas? Holiday leftover ideas?

well, i want to sell lots of products. I think showing easy gift ideas that include a product and a food item would be good. (like the mason jor with cookie mix type thing) i want people to buy products as gift and show them easy holiday food stuff too.

Like was already mentioned, you could have some layered mixes already made up in the Batter Bowls that you show (and sell)...I would suggest the Turkey Cranberry Wreath for a great recipe that is yummy and is a great way to use up leftover turkey (it's in All the Best). I used it for my holiday shows last year. You could also have displays of different gift package ideas...

i just ordered ALL THE BEST cook book. cant wait to see it. Thanks for the input. I am so excited to start!

like would you have bought extra batterbowls or whatever to sell then?or would you give them grouping ideas for products to buy?im newbee & confused

From what I understand (I've not done it but hope to this year), you would buy some extra batter bowls, make up the mixes, and then sell them for like a dollar or two more than one the batter bowl normally costs...last year people said that the guests went crazy over them and bought them all up and pre-ordered for more...

Other than that, I would just use what products you have and group them together for good gift-giving ideas...like the stone and a pizza cutter, etc.

Anyone have any "mix" recipes to post?

They are available on CC. I have them on my other computer. I did this last year-- I have two small batter bowl, so I made two of the mixes (one was the chili, one was the cookies) and brought the displays and recipes to the show. After my demo I showed everyone the samples and told about how simply and inexpensively they were made. People loved them and ordered their batter bowls on that show. I sent everyone home with the recipes! Explain how this is a great gift because other gifts like these (pre-made recipes) come in those canning jars that you can't really re-use. Once the gift-getter uses the mix, they still have a small batter bowl forever!

So you gave them the idea and recipe to make them and they bought the batter bowls? or did you pre-package some and sell those (does $15 sound fair?)
I guess you could do it both ways. I was thinking about doing this for my holiday expo fair and for a show. I can have a few for sale and give them the recipes to "do it on their own." How many small batter bowls should i buy to put together? I was thinking 10. Will i get stuck with them though? I am always order more and make them and give them to the customers.

gilliandanielle said:
They are available on CC. I have them on my other computer. I did this last year-- I have two small batter bowl, so I made two of the mixes (one was the chili, one was the cookies) and brought the displays and recipes to the show. After my demo I showed everyone the samples and told about how simply and inexpensively they were made. People loved them and ordered their batter bowls on that show. I sent everyone home with the recipes! Explain how this is a great gift because other gifts like these (pre-made recipes) come in those canning jars that you can't really re-use. Once the gift-getter uses the mix, they still have a small batter bowl forever!

I put in "mix" on CC and did not find them. Do you know what words I need to put in to find them? thanks!

I did those pre-made batter bowls (with the cookie mixes) at a X-mas vendor party we did. I only had 4 avail. and sold 3 of them for $15 and just gave 1 left over as a gift to my daughter's teacher as her present. They liked the idea!

sarahmarie said:
So you gave them the idea and recipe to make them and they bought the batter bowls? or did you pre-package some and sell those (does $15 sound fair?)
I guess you could do it both ways. I was thinking about doing this for my holiday expo fair and for a show. I can have a few for sale and give them the recipes to "do it on their own." How many small batter bowls should i buy to put together? I was thinking 10. Will i get stuck with them though? I am always order more and make them and give them to the customers.

I didn't sell the pre-made one at my show. I just gave them the idea and recipes, and they bought the bowls on the show, recieved them, then made their own gifts. I told them that even if they run out of time to do the mixes before Christmas they can still give a great gift of just the batter bowl! I also said that these are great gifts to have around your house during the holidays for "those people that you didn't know you were exchanging gifts with" that just show up with a present. That got a lot of laughs!

jrstephens said:
I put in "mix" on CC and did not find them. Do you know what words I need to put in to find them? thanks!

I know I have them on my computer downstairs, but I can't get it right now with my kids going crazy upstairs. My son is 15 months and he just learned how to get up on the dining room table. I keep getting him down, he keeps getting back up. Anyway, I don't want to turn my back on him right now! I will post them when he takes his nap! I know I have other holiday ideas too downstairs!

Here are the recipes for what you put in the bowls. I downloaded the gift tags too for each one but they disappeared into the depths of my computer. I will try again!

Attachments

• celebrate_recipes.pdf
    56.2 KB · Views: 352
Thanks Sarah! I was trying to get them on so hard that I didn't even see that you already had them!

Sarah, can you try to post the cookie tag again? Somehow the brownie one got in there twice.

Here is the cookie tag. You can find these on CC. Click Products and recipes tab, then enhance your shows, then theme shows. You will see a bar on the left hand side. These tags are from Fall 2003. Click Fall 2003 and you will see all the tags and recipes.

Attachments

• celebrate_cookies_tag.pdf
    752.7 KB · Views: 307
I am thinking of doing these batter bowl mixes. They sound like a great idea. I do however think that instead of making a bunch of them and possibly not selling them all, I will make one of each and set them up as a sample and allow people to pre-order them. I don't want to get stuck with a bunch of these things, and I don't want to be out a bunch of money:)

How do you work it when you pre-order products for something like this? My brain gets stuck on the same technicalities when I think about doing a kid's cooking show.

Do you put pre-orders (batter bowls, kids aprons, etc...) in on a personal order? That would be a bummer because you wouldn't get any commission on it nor would it count towards your sales.

You could input as a show ahead of time, but what if people want to order more products during the class - then they get stuck paying shipping twice. :(

What's the best way to work this out?

Thanks,
Teri

I can't wait to do this! I received a batter bowl brownie mix from a student a few years ago when I was teaching. It was one of the best gifts I ever received (I do not need anymore coffee mugs:rolleyes: ). I knew when I started PC that I wanted to offer these. Thanks for the links to the recipes and tags!

I'm taking these to the Christmas fair I'm doing. 3 of each, then take orders. I think I'll start in November at my shows. Nothin' quite like cash and carry. Great ideas!

I think this is a GREAT Idea not only for sales but for gift giving for teachers, etc. You can put your card on the tag as well and maybe have a 10% off your first order or something on there.

Thank you to all!!!
I am a BIG gifts from a jar person and hope to do a fair in Nov. This will be great to add for a X-Mas fair or as gifts.
Schel

Question:

Are you supposed to make the mixes in the small or the classic batter bowl? I tried one of the cookie recipes in the small batter bowl because that's what it said, but it didn't fit... and there was no way to get it prettily into the larger one...so i had to bake and eat them... (the sacrifices we make)

koren said:
Question:

Are you supposed to make the mixes in the small or the classic batter bowl? I tried one of the cookie recipes in the small batter bowl because that's what it said, but it didn't fit... and there was no way to get it prettily into the larger one...so i had to bake and eat them... (the sacrifices we make)

I am brand new to PC, so I don't have an answer for you. I did notice, however that these receipes are from 2003. Did the batter bowls change at all in the last three years?

1. What are some potential Christmas/holiday theme ideas for a November 14th show?

Some potential ideas for a Christmas/holiday theme for a November 14th show could include:

• A traditional Christmas theme with decorations, music, and activities centered around the holiday
  • A winter wonderland theme with a focus on snowy landscapes and winter activities
  • A holiday market theme with vendors selling handmade gifts and treats
  • A multicultural holiday celebration highlighting different traditions and customs
  • A Christmas movie marathon with classic holiday films

2. How can I incorporate both Christmas and other holidays into the theme?

You can incorporate both Christmas and other holidays into the theme by including decorations, activities, and performances that represent different holiday traditions. For example, you could have a Christmas tree, a menorah, and a Kwanzaa kinara all on display. You could also have a mix of Christmas carols, Hanukkah songs, and Kwanzaa music playing throughout the show.

3. What activities can I include in the show to engage the audience?

Some ideas for activities that would engage the audience during a Christmas/holiday themed show could include:

• A holiday trivia game with questions about different holiday traditions and customs
  • A cookie decorating station where audience members can decorate and eat their own holiday treats
  • A holiday-themed photo booth with props and costumes for fun photo opportunities
  • A Secret Santa gift exchange where audience members can bring small gifts to exchange with each other
  • A holiday-themed scavenger hunt with clues related to different holiday traditions

4. Are there any budget-friendly options for a Christmas/holiday themed show?

Yes, there are many budget-friendly options for a Christmas/holiday themed show. Some ideas include:

• Utilizing DIY decorations and crafts made with inexpensive materials
  • Partnering with local businesses or organizations to provide discounted or donated items for the show
  • Incorporating free or low-cost activities, such as a holiday sing-along or a gift wrapping station
  • Offering a ticket discount for those who bring a donation for a holiday charity
  • Crowdsourcing donations or volunteers to help with the show

5. How can I make the show inclusive for all audience members, regardless of their beliefs or background?

To make the show inclusive for all audience members, you can:

• Include a variety of holiday traditions and customs from different cultures and religions
  • Avoid focusing solely on one holiday or religion
  • Have a diverse lineup of performers and presenters
  • Be mindful of any potentially offensive language or themes
  • Provide options for audience members to participate or not participate in certain activities, such as a holiday prayer or gift exchange

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ccooley
  • Anna Farnum
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies