• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Best Baking Pan: Torte, Springform, Cake or Silicone Floral?

In summary, the conversation's participants discuss the best use of PC dollars and the different options available: Torte Pan Set, Springform Pan, Cake Pan Set, and Silicone Floral Cake Pan. They consider which option is most versatile, likely to be used at a show, and preferred by each person. Ultimately, the Torte Pan set is the most popular choice, with some mentioning the potential for impressive and quick recipes, while others prefer the silicone cake pan for its versatility and ease of use.
avelissar
I am trying to decide on how to best use my PC dollars. I am deciding between the (a) Torte Pan Set; (b) Springform Pan; (c) Cake Pan Set; and (d) Silicone Floral Cake Pan.

Which would you pick and why? Which is the more versatile piece? Which am I most likely to use at a show?

Thanks!

Andrea

I just got the Torte Pan set and it looks like you can really use it a lot. My SIL wants me to make the Peanut Butter Cup Torte for his work Christmas dinner!

Hmmm, that's a tough one for me.... I have all of them, I have used the torte pan for a show once, the others not at all, I have used the torte, cake and floral silicone each once or twice, I just got the springform, so haven't used it at all, but know that I will, I love cheesecake... so, I just don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

For shows, it seems we've had more recipes for the Torte Pans.

Torte Pan is my vote!

I agree - Torte Pan! Then you can make the Chocolate PB Cup Torte. yum!!

It depends. Are you planning to use it for shows? I have never used the springform or torte pans even though I have both. I have used the cake pans a few times. My fave is the floral cupcake pan only because I like the flowers. I use it for ice sculptures in my punch.

I just got the springform and the torte set, I haven't used either yet, but I would like to do a torte for a show, they are so pretty!

For your shows, the Torte Pan set. I used my Springform pan for the first time in a long time at Thanksgiving and really like it. However, I think you'll get the most use out of the Torte Pan set.

I got the springform pan last November when I had a $1000 catty show and earned loads of free and 1/2 priced items ( before I was a consultant). DH loves cheescakes, I will make him the best cheesecakes I happily told the consultant..... Do you think in the past year I ever got the pan out of the box??? The 1st time it came out of the box was last week when my neighbor asked me if I had it and if she could borrow it. She did tell me it made the best cheesecake. OK more of what you wanted to know I'm sure.... I do have the cake pans which I LOVE and just got the torte pan last week and hope to use it soon :) Long story short..... my vote cake pan :)

I use my cake pans way more, but the torte pans are more impressive and more useful for shows. BUT, I don't use either for shows because we always end up picking recipes that don't use the torte pans.

My final decision is the Torte Pan set.

Torte pan and springform. They both have great recipes to feature them at shows. I use the torte pans to make my kids birthday cakes, too. I don't like the silicone one. It has grooves that were a pain to clean out.

I vote torte pan set too...

I just got mine and made janets PB trifle recipe in it and it was totally awsome. quick and easy. its great for when you are time pressed ... the layers cook so quickly... it always looks like you spent wayyyyy more time than you did to make them too.... and there is no limit to the imaginiation when it comes to layers and fillings...

Torte pans here!

Well, not surprising, I am the outlier! I like the silicone cake pan. I make a cake before each party and while the main recipe is cooking or guests are eating it I take the cake and place it on the platter. Then I show off the egg slicer by fan slicing strawberries and kiwi and place them around the cake. Then I use the decorator to put fancy cool whip inbetween the fruit. And finally I use the sugar shaker to sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the cake. In about 5 minutes I have impressed the guest with an EASY beautiful dessert! This has helped sell some extra items at each show and the host thinks I am amazing that I brought the "extra" item just for her!

I really like the torte pans. But, the silicone crown pan would be cool to make ice for a punch...if you do that sort of thing often! :)

Do you have the silicone floral cupcake pan? If not, that would be my choice. I make brownies as an extra for every show I go to - Ghiradelli triple choc from Costco. I sell at least one pan per show ($35). I love this product. Brownies, cupcakes, ice cream cups, ice, jello shots (large!!), melted butter forms... This is one of my top 10 best sellers. You can get a torte pan, and the other pans anywhere else. This one is truly different - especially with the metal frame. Much better than other silicone pans on the market - can you tell how much I love this pan??:love:

1. What is the difference between a torte and a cake pan?

A torte pan is typically deeper and has straight sides, while a cake pan is shallower and may have angled sides. Torte pans are also often used for layered cakes or desserts, while cake pans are better suited for single-layer cakes.

2. Why would I choose a springform pan over a regular cake pan?

Springform pans have a detachable bottom and a latch on the side, making it easy to remove delicate baked goods without damaging them. They are also great for making cheesecakes and other desserts that need to be removed from the pan before serving.

3. What are the benefits of using a silicone floral pan?

Silicone floral pans are flexible and non-stick, making it easy to remove baked goods without greasing or flouring the pan. They also come in a variety of shapes and designs, adding a decorative touch to your baked goods.

4. Can I use a torte or springform pan for regular cake recipes?

Yes, you can use a torte or springform pan for regular cake recipes, but you may need to adjust the baking time and temperature. Torte and springform pans are typically deeper, so the cake may take longer to bake and may need to be rotated in the oven to ensure even baking.

5. How do I choose the right size baking pan for my recipe?

The size of the baking pan you choose should match the size specified in the recipe. If you do not have the exact size, you can use a similar sized pan, but you may need to adjust the baking time and temperature. It's also important to consider the depth of the pan, as this can affect the baking time and the overall appearance of the finished product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
paroese
  • tabnat80
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies