• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Silk Mousse in Crispy Shells

In summary, the crepes are delicate and can be ruined by using the phyllo dough cups, but the wonton wrappers or pie crusts are a good substitute. You can also use premade mini phyllo shell cups.
momoftwins
I am making these at a show on Sunday and am wanting to know if anyone has any tips for them. I have never made them before but have the ingredients to make them at home and will try them tomorrow or Thursday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what other products would you bring to demo or show since it does not use a lot???

my tip:

because the crepes are soooo incredibly fragile, use the phyllo dough cups...they are small, but perfect for this recipe and taste great...makes it very easy to do.

second tip:

Try at home before at the show b/c it can be a little tricky

good luck

Don't try to double the recipe...I tried it at a show and it was quite a disaster! Usually they turn out beautifully and are delish! I often have guests garnish their own and use the chopper to chop up almonds for garnish and the grater to grate chocolate (white and dark) for garnish. This increases the tools that you show.

I disagreewith Laura. The phyllo dough takes away from the light delicatness of the mousse. But try it both ways at home and decide for yourself. I prefer it with the crepes (if you can find them).

When I do this show I make the mousse and talk about those products them let them serve themselves. When everyone is seated again I talk about our other products. Mainly, the new products or "must haves" i.e. US&G, garlic press, chef's tongs, SSbowl set, etc. It ends up being a really quick show and show far I haven't had one under $600 in sales (with various attendance numbers)!!

I am going to make them here at home tomorrow and I do have the crepes so will make it with those. Where do you even get phyllo dough cups???? I will do it at the show with crepes too.

You can also use wonton wrappers for the shells. Buy the large wonton wrappers and put them in the muffin stone or muffin pan and bake for about 4-6 min. I brush on melted butter and then use the flour/sugar shaker with powder sugar and then bake on 350. They are very light and crispy.

Thanks pamperedalf!

I've only done this once, and the host couldn't get the crepes...so I used an idea from another thread. I rolled out refrigerated pie crust really thin, used the scalloped bread tube to cut out, and baked them in the mini muffin tin for about 4 min. They turned really cute and were yummy.

I would like to try the crepes, but don't like the wontons.

When I made these for a show, I had alot of trouble cutting them like the directions said. What does everyone think about using the bread tube to cut the crepes?

The little phyllo cups are in the freezer section with the frozen pies, cakes and puff pastry dough. They come 15 to a box and around here they are about $2.50/box!

I will only the pie crust when I make this recipe. I can get at least 48 mini shells out of two pie crusts if I reroll the dough. I like that the guests can sample it and there is plenty to go around. I'm planning to make them for my Open House because I can make a lot at one time.

I use premade mini phyllo shell cups!I made them for my grand opening and as I was looking for the crepes I found the mini phyllo cups that come in 15 in a pack. They were pefect sampling size (about the size of the mini tart pan cups) and I sprayed with oil and sprinkled with cinn. and sugar, pre baked for 5 min. then filled with the mousse. Everyone loved the recipe and the shells. I will use those from now on! Just had to share my experimentation on them!

1. How do I make the chocolate silk mousse?

To make the chocolate silk mousse, you will need 1 package of Pampered Chef Chocolate Silk Mousse Mix, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, and 1 cup of cold milk. In a mixing bowl, combine the mousse mix, cream, and milk. Beat with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.

2. What type of shells should I use for the mousse?

We recommend using crispy shells, such as phyllo cups or mini tart shells, for the chocolate silk mousse. These shells provide a nice contrast in texture to the smooth and creamy mousse. They can be found in most grocery stores or can be made at home using phyllo dough.

3. Can I make the mousse ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the chocolate silk mousse ahead of time. Simply prepare the mousse according to the instructions and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, fill the shells with the mousse and top with your desired toppings.

4. What toppings go well with the chocolate silk mousse?

The options for toppings are endless, but some popular choices include fresh berries, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of chocolate syrup. Get creative and use your favorite toppings to add some extra flavor and texture to the mousse.

5. Can I use a different type of milk for the mousse?

Yes, you can use any type of milk for the chocolate silk mousse, such as almond milk or soy milk. However, keep in mind that the type of milk used may alter the taste and texture of the mousse. We recommend using whole milk for the best results, but feel free to experiment with different types of milk to find what works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HJPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PCKristi
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies