• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake

In summary, the recipe calls for a Chocolate Cake mix, frosting, and peanut butter. The cake is microwaved for 11-12 minutes and then served.
cochef
Gold Member
Can someone tell me if you turn this cake out onto a platter like we do with the Rice Cooker cakes or just serve it out of the DCB :confused: Sounds yummy and I would like to try it at home first.

Made it last night for the family. I kept it in the DCB and scooped it out. It doesn't look too pretty so I would suggest dusting it with confection sugar if you are looking to serve at a party. It is the easiest cake I've ever made. My BF said and I quote "it's like heaven in a bowl" It's awesome!

What kind of choc cake did you use? Brand of PB? I made it two nights ago and I found it to be very dry and disappointing since I am a Choc PB addict. Hoping to make it a diff way and have it be better. Thanks.

I used a standard box of devils food cake by pillsbury and the skippy creamy peanut butter plus the can of frosting by pillsbury too. It came out moist I did not microwave with the lid on either.

I've used just about every brand of cake mix.

I use a Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (dark chocolate) and Chocolate Fudge Frosting, with Jif Crunchy PB.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've used just about every brand of cake mix.

I use a Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (dark chocolate) and Chocolate Fudge Frosting, with Jif Crunchy PB.

Sounds oh so yummy!!!!

I am going to have to try this one soon!

I'm thinking this recipe was posted and I missed it? I looked in files and I did a search. Can anyone tell me the link to this recipe? Thanks!

quiverfull7 said:
I'm thinking this recipe was posted and I missed it? I looked in files and I did a search. Can anyone tell me the link to this recipe? Thanks!

Di - I posted it in a thread, but don't remember which one. :blushing:

It's very simple though -

Chocolate Cake mix, mixed up according to the package directions

Pour this in the DCB,

Using the Med. Scoop, dollop a can of chocolate frosting all over the top of the cake, and then dollop a cup of peanut butter over the top.

Put it in the microwave uncovered and cook for 11-12 minutes.

Crawl in with a fork and eat your way out I assume? :) YUM!!!!!!

Thanks so much!

I guess we could do this in the fluted pan as well right?

Do you serve this with ice cream or just by itself?

I used Duncan Hines Devils Food with DH choc frosting and Jiff PB - I'm wondering if my microwave overcooked it... Maybe next time I'll watch it instead of leaving it and check it around 9-10min.

quiverfull7 said:
I guess we could do this in the fluted pan as well right?

I guess so - but I'd rather show the versatility of the DCB!

anyone know if this can go in the oven and how long of a cooktime?? my micro is too small for the DCB...i would love to try this before i use it at shows though! thanks

ChefBeckyD said:
I guess so - but I'd rather show the versatility of the DCB!

I agree, but sometimes when it's stoneware month, and the host has lots of positive RSVP's and good to great outside orders before I arrive, I'll do the tenderloin in the DCB, a cake in the fluted pan and a quick main dish in the cookware... NOT NOT NOT on a regular basis mind you, just in special, hard working host cases and I make that clear during the demo. I'll give this a whirl in my dcb just as soon as I can get a choc cake mix! Thanks again

Is it better to grease the DCB first? Mine has been used lots in the microwave, but I don't know if it's really "seasoned" yet.

OMG, My mouth is soooo drooling. What a bonus to do at a show!! Thank you. I think I just figured out after school snack!!

I just made this tonight. I think next time I make it, I'm going to cook it 12 minutes and let it sit for 20 min. and then invert it onto a platter or into the rectangular baker. That's the way I do the other lava cakes in the DCB and they turn out pretty good, so I think this one would go well like that. That way the gooey stuff gets to drizzle down and get absorbed into the top (now bottom) of the cake. Tonight, I also used half Jif Creamy and half Crunchy PB, but think that next time I'll just use creamy. The chunky PB dried up in clumps. The creamy PB sections were more heavenly. ;) Definitely need a glass of milk.

Help!!! Is this how you do it for the rice cooker as well?

ChefBeckyD said:
Di - I posted it in a thread, but don't remember which one. :blushing:

It's very simple though -

Chocolate Cake mix, mixed up according to the package directions

Pour this in the DCB,

Using the Med. Scoop, dollop a can of chocolate frosting all over the top of the cake, and then dollop a cup of peanut butter over the top.

Put it in the microwave uncovered and cook for 11-12 minutes.

I can't not wait to make this! I'm new and have my second cluster meeting tonight and plan to make this and take with me. THANKS :D

So I just made this again last night. Note to self: don't use the lid while cooking next time...oozes over...big mess.But, it tasted great and cooked well at 12 minutes. I let it sit uncovered for about 15/20 minutes, then turned it out on a platter. Chocolate and PB just oozed and drizzled all over it. Looked pretty good. Down side is finding something to cover it...foil just would stick to the whole thing, I'd have to use toothpicks. So the plus side of just keeping it in the baker is that it's contained well and can use the lid. But if you plan to serve it and the whole thing pretty much get eaten, just know you can turn it out on a platter and it works. (I greased my DCB before pouring the batter in, just in case)

Thanks Amanda - what did you grease it with? I've made a dump cake but never thought about turning it out on a platter.

You're welcome! :) The first time, I just brushed it w/ a little oil. The second time, I used a little Crisco. No matter what though, due to all the gooey stuff that ends up on the bottom, you'll have some of that in the bottom of the baker, so I just scooped it up and spread it on top of the cake. It sure is yummy and very moist! :D

I haven't gotten my dcb yet. I just started in August....missed my 1250 by like two days, so I didn't get the two free stones, which I just want to cry about. BUT I have a show on Friday where there are going to be about 20 ladies. I was thinking about making it. I have the deep dish baker....do you think this would work in there?

What about making the chocolate cherry skillet cake? Anyone make this in the microwave with the deep dish baker? What would the time be for it?

I made this last night with the lid off and it came out perfect. Everyone at my cluster meeting loved it – and I even won the drawing for bringing a recipe!

I think you could use the baker but since its only 8 cups v. 12 ½ you would need to use less cake mix and adjust the time. Otherwise I think it would come out just as yummy!

I borrowed my friends dcb and just made this recipe....my kids were groaning. Yum!

1. What is a Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake?

A Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake is a delicious dessert made with layers of chocolate cake mix, peanut butter, and chocolate chips, all "dumped" into a baking dish and baked until gooey and delicious.

2. How do I make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake?

To make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake, you will need a box of chocolate cake mix, peanut butter, chocolate chips, butter, and water. Simply layer the ingredients in a baking dish and bake until the cake is cooked through.

3. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, the chocolate cake mix pairs perfectly with the peanut butter and chocolate flavors in this dessert.

4. Can I add any other ingredients to the Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake?

Absolutely! Some popular additions to this dessert include chopped peanuts, marshmallows, and even a drizzle of caramel sauce. Get creative and make it your own!

5. How should I serve the Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake?

This dessert is best served warm, straight out of the oven. You can also top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies