• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups

In summary, the host called and requested this recipe last night for a show he is doing next Wednesday. He ordered the chipotle from the supply order last night, so he hopes he gets it in time. Anyone ever made this recipe and what suggestions do you have? The recipe looks simple, that's why the host agreed to make it. The batter was stiff and hard to mix at first, so make sure you give yourself a large enough bowl to mix in. The host and others liked the recipe, but it wasn't the host's cup of tea. The recipe was tasty when they had it at their Cluster Christmas Party. The host is thinking of making them in the stoneware muffin pan for more of a dinner-
PamperedSheep
I had a host call and request this recipe last night for a show I am doing next Wednesday. I just ordered the chipotle from the supply order last night, so I hope I get it in time. Anyone every made this recipe and what suggestions do you have? I have never made it but it did look simple, that's why I agreed. Thanks!!!! :chef:

Didn't care for these too much, but as I recall, the batter was really stiff and hard to mix at first (it is supposed to be) so make sure you give yourself a large enough bowl to mix these in.

I know others on here liked these - it just wasn't my cup of tea.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE!!! Did I say I love these?!

My one suggestion is, make the scoop a rounded scoop of cornbread mix when you are making the muffins. Also, every time I've made them I've had more cornbread muffin cups then chicken mix

which size scoop did u use?

I use the small scoop. If the seasoning doesn't come in time for the show, I have been using Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning. I even brought them to a meeting and no one could tell the difference. I LOVE these. In fact, I think I figured out what is for lunch! ANd if your host doesn't have cooked chicken or you don't want to pre cook chicken, I like to use the Oscar Meyer pre cooked chicken strips. They are easy to cut into small peices. I usually get the southwest strips if they have them, but I am sure that it probably doesn't matter if they seasoned or not. HTH!

I keep forgetting about this recipe. We had them at our Cluster Christmas Party and they were very tasty. I was thinking of making them in the stoneware muffin pan for more of a dinner-size serving.

thanks for all the great tip!!! i will keep the ms dash in mind. hopefully it will come in i order two, one for recipe and one for doorprize, thought that might be a big hit!!!!

I use the small scoop

princessmeshelle said:
I use the small scoop. If the seasoning doesn't come in time for the show, I have been using Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning. I even brought them to a meeting and no one could tell the difference. I LOVE these. In fact, I think I figured out what is for lunch! ANd if your host doesn't have cooked chicken or you don't want to pre cook chicken, I like to use the Oscar Meyer pre cooked chicken strips. They are easy to cut into small peices. I usually get the southwest strips if they have them, but I am sure that it probably doesn't matter if they seasoned or not. HTH!

I've been using this also, I had some in the cubbard, and I have bought the PC one yet because I don't want to have doubles if I can help it. I've never tasted the PC one, so I'm glad to hear they are similar enough no one noticed.

1. How do I make the Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups?

To make the Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups, you will need the following ingredients: 1 can cornbread twists, 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken, 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/4 cup diced onion, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup sour cream. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Separate the cornbread twists and press them into the muffin tin, creating a cup shape. In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, chipotle peppers, red bell pepper, onion, and cheese. Spoon the mixture into the cornbread cups and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.

2. Can I use a different type of protein in the Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with any type of protein you prefer, such as ground beef, turkey, or vegetarian crumbles. Simply cook the protein before adding it to the filling mixture.

3. How spicy are the Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups?

The level of spiciness can vary depending on your preference and the amount of chipotle peppers you use. If you prefer a milder dish, you can use less chipotle peppers or remove the seeds before adding them to the filling mixture. Alternatively, if you like a spicier dish, you can add more chipotle peppers or leave the seeds in.

4. Can I make the Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the cornbread cups and filling ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Assemble the cups and bake them just before serving for best results.

5. Can I freeze the Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups?

Yes, you can freeze the Chicken Chipotle Cornbread Cups before or after baking. If freezing before baking, prepare the cornbread cups and filling as directed, then wrap them tightly and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed. If freezing after baking, allow the cornbread cups to cool completely, then wrap them tightly and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• maassl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
maassl
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • Jennie50