• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheese Allergy, Cheese Grater Ideas??

In summary, the Cheese Grater can be used for a variety of tasks, including grating nuts, vegetables, and eggs. Additionally, the grater can be used for making quick pie crusts or for creating a Marzipan crust.
RiaJane
I just got my kit yesterday and have yet to schedule my first show, but I have noticed most of the savoury recipes have got some sort of cheese in them. As I am allergic to cheese and hate handling the stuff , has anyone got any ideas I could use to show the cheese grater to it's best effect without handling the dreaded dairy product???

You could make the Streusel Berry Tart instead, where you use the Cheese Grater to grate nuts. It's really good! It's from the Spring/Summer 2005 Season's Best. You should be able to find the recipe on Consultant's Corner.

You can use it to grate chocolate.

You can also grate carrots, on salads, or to top off a stir fry.

I once heard about someone putting Skittles in the grater and grating them over cupcakes. Might be a different idea for a candy topping.

My favorite tip for the Cheese Grater is to put the yolks of your hard boiled eggs in it when making deviled eggs. I do this all the time now and it works great.

Potatoes for hash browns, zucchini for zucchini bread, carrots for carrot cake/salads, grate hard lumps of brown sugar, I also love it for hard boiled eggs, but I use it to make egg salad sandwiches

When you make deviled eggs, you can use it to grate up the yolks because they will have NO lumps!

Great idea about the yolks! I'm going to have to try that one!

cheese graterI always say that they should have called it a Food Grater because it can be used for so much more than cheese. I quickly explain about the cheese aspect then say that it can be used for nuts, vegetables, eggs, (plus other things stated above) then I say it can even be used for left-over Easter Bunny ears. And then I say, "If you are having a PMS moment, you just pop the chocolate in here and grate. You don't even have to get your hands dirty," and I pretend to hold the grater over my mouth. Always get a laugh.

Grater for Sweet recipeI did a show on Friday for a host that wanted the Caramel Pecan Ring. I love doing dessert recipes, but worry that in a lot of them I am not showing off the chopper, grater or the garlic press. Just on my way out of the door, and I had a brain-wave. I had some Marzipan left over from another recipe, so I put a couple 2 oz in one of the prep bowls and took it with me. I grated that in with the pecan and sugar mix as though it should have been there, and talked about how you can also use the Marzipan Grater for cheese! I must admit that I didn't sell any, but it made me feel better that I had shown it. You never know who sees the demo and puts it on their wish list for next time. I took along some garlic to show the garlic press after the Ring went in the oven, and I didn't sell that either! I did, however, sell 3 muffin pans just by passing it round with a little ball of play dough for the guests to press into the pans with the tart shaper. Go figure.

Yvonne

Wow, thank you, what a great lot of ideas! I like the one about pretending to grate chocolate into your mouth!! :)
I'm sure that would raise a few laughs! At least I can glaze over the cheese thing now and not have to use it in a demo.

@ the first party I hostedthe PC rep used the cheese grater to grate pecans for the Banana Creme Supreme. It was her first month, so she only used items in the starter kit + a Springform Pan. It is a great recipe for newbies.

Tools used: Baker's Roller, Batter Bowls, Springform Pan, Cheese Grater, Quikut Paring Knife

PLUS it is a refrigerator/freezer pie so there's no baking involved in these last few weeks of summer. The only thermal cooking is melting butter, but that can be done in the microwave.

1. What are some alternative options for grating cheese if I have a cheese allergy?

If you have a cheese allergy, you can try using a vegetable peeler or a zester to create thin strips or shreds of cheese. Another option is to use a food processor with a grating blade to grate larger amounts of cheese at once.

2. Are there any specific types of cheese that are better for individuals with a cheese allergy?

It is always best to consult with your doctor or allergist for specific recommendations, but generally, aged cheeses such as cheddar, parmesan, and Swiss tend to have lower levels of lactose and may be better tolerated by those with a cheese allergy.

3. Can I use a cheese grater for non-dairy cheeses?

Yes, you can use a cheese grater for non-dairy cheeses such as vegan cheese or lactose-free cheese. Just make sure to clean the grater thoroughly before and after use to avoid cross-contamination.

4. What is the best way to clean a cheese grater to avoid cross-contamination?

The best way to clean a cheese grater is to soak it in warm soapy water for a few minutes, then use a brush or sponge to scrub away any remaining cheese particles. You can also use a toothpick or skewer to get into the small holes of the grater. Rinse thoroughly and let it air dry before using again.

5. Are there any specific cheese grater designs or features that are helpful for individuals with a cheese allergy?

Some cheese graters come with a cover or container to catch the grated cheese, which can help prevent any accidental contact with the grated cheese. Additionally, graters with larger holes may be easier to clean and less likely to trap cheese particles that can cause cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dymplz8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KateD
  • Loreen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
confusedturtle
  • kam