• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Check Out Costco's Top-of-the-Line Knives!

In summary, Jeanie's husband said that the new PC knives are equal to the professional chef knives and he loves them.
maryhenderlite
Ok, I know that our knifes are suppossed to be "top of the line" and I haven't held one in my hand yet.. but yesterday I went to Costco. They have a set of 3 knifes, that look identical to ours.. (just different writing on blade) I even pulled the new catalog our of my tote, and was showing my hubby. The Costco knifes come with the covers and everything. I know that I won't be able to afford all these new nice products as we are closing on our house within a week, and that is quite an expense... but I was very tempted to get them (didn't but very well may go back) The knifes were 49.99 for a set of 3 (all of them forged and everything) plus you get a coupon for $10 off. Even my hubby was impressed. They had one out just in a plasic case so you couldn't get cut. It was extremely heavy and felt really nice. I know it isn't PC, but for the price, I think it is worth a try.. The sizes were 9.5 inches, 7.5 inches and 5 inch (i think).. Just wanted to share.. I know that on the coupon it said that it was valid until 8-13. You guys may wanna check them out.:)

Don't do it! Even if you can't afford the PC knives, wait until you can earn them for free or at a great discount. Plus, don't foget you'll get paid commission.

Jeanie

I agree...If you have to wait until October to earn them as a host bonus or a half price item. Don't buy the knock off.

WAIT!!!! Just earn them!!! I saw the very same things at COSTCO.... my future hubby said they looked kind of cheep and PC's new knifes are way better looking!!!!! after all PC's arent' made in China? Are they?

mommyhugz1978 said:
WAIT!!!! Just earn them!!! I saw the very same things at COSTCO.... my future hubby said they looked kind of cheep and PC's new knifes are way better looking!!!!! after all PC's arent' made in China? Are they?
YES OUIR KNIVES ARE MADE IN CHINA. SAYS SO ON THE BOX AND ON THE SIDE OF THE KNIFE

Even still, ours have a lifetime guarantee. Do the Costco ones? If you can return them at any time for any reason for a full refund, do it. See if you can borrow one from another consultant and compare them side-by-side. That way you can tell your customers why ours are better and that you actually had both kinds in your hands. Then make sure to return the Costco ones :D

Well I am not going to tell my future hubby that their made in China.... he wouln't let me buy them other wise!!

The new Forged Cutlery knives were made in Germany, probably right along side the Henkel knives that they are similar to!!!

stephanieboyd said:
The new Forged Cutlery knives were made in Germany, probably right along side the Henkel knives that they are similar to!!!

No they're not. They're made of German steel, but right on the knife it says "made in China".:rolleyes:

I would also wait. My reasons are pretty stupid, but what if one of your customers saw you buying them or someone saw them at your house. Why should they buy PC knives if you won't even buy them?

I am biased here, my hubby works for Costco and they have an excellent return policy (even without the receipt) I was at Costco today and saw the coupon for the knives, I couldn't belive it!!! This also happened when our roasting pan came out, Costco had almost the same one and a lot cheaper. I told my husband "but PC has the lifetime guarantee" His reply "Your not happy with it, bring it back." Men can be so poetic! However, he loves the new paring knife! I earned it in the June sell-a-thon, and his exact words were "this knife is wicked." So I will be waiting and getting the PC knives when I can. I have realized my family and friends tend to buy whatever I have in my own kitchen, and they can see how many times in one party I use my batter bowl, measure all and small mix n scraper! WOOHOOO LOVE PC can''t wait to have a super September.

My husband, a chef, taught a little "knife" session for our cluster. He compared the new PC knives to those used by professional chefs. He said they were equal to the professiomal knives. He loves them, although he thinks the blade might be a little thick on the paring knife. We plan to get ours, like others have suggested, FREE. He really wants the Chef Knife and the Santoku. He was surprised they weren't selling the special garnishing knives that is in his culinary school knife set.

Trish
Wave ~ 1 at Chicago Hilton
I will recruit 5 people this month

no matter how much they look the same-you know they won't BE the same.

I thought I saw the knives on opem stock....for half off?

Well, I know that I won't be able to purchase the PC knifes anytime soon. I am planning on getting one in the sample package I am getting.. I just know that I can't afford to then them any time soon. Doubt I'll be going back to costco, but they were very nice. Just wanted to let you all know about it. Like Tina said, they do have an excellent return policy.. Even though I love all my PC stuff, I just don't think I'll be able to get the new knifes... unless when I move, (new town, 6 hours away) I can really step up my business right away.

chefmelody said:
No they're not. They're made of German steel, but right on the knife it says "made in China".:rolleyes:

Actually the forged steel is made in Germany but the knives are assembled in China.
The letters on the knives mean. The cr means chrome, m- is molly (short form), and v is vandium.

the chrome is like the metal used in armoured cars
molly is used in making razor blades so sharp
and vandium is used to take gases out of the metals.

Most knives are cut or stamped out with a template, whereas forged cutlery are heated and hammered out. The quality in our cutlery is truly outstanding and an art.

Just think to yourself, that when you use a PC knife, you can sell it. You can't sell a Costco knife.

The picture doesn't do justice!I was shopping at Costco yesterday (BTW - I buy alot of things in bulk there that I can use for show recipes - cheaper!), so I made a point of checking out their knives.....I have the paring knife, utility knife, and Chef's knife.....and thier knives are not nearly the quality that ours are! The Handle isn't ergonomic like ours - and the knifes are lighter weight. Plus, it is a set of 3 Santoku knives - so there isn't the same variety of sizes and shapes...I think that you would be very disappointed if you purchased these and then compared them side-by-side with PC knives!

I haven't seen the Costco knives, but my experience tells me that most things that look the same as Pampered Chef, aren't.

As for the new knives, I've been drooling over some knives similar to the Santoku for about four years. I have never seen one of good quality for less than $100, and they are often over $200. I ordered the Santoku as soon as it became available. I have used it nearly every day. It is excellent! The weight and balance of the new knives is comparable to those sold to professional chefs.

Like several other consultants said, people look to see if we believe in the products enough to purchase and use them ourselves. It's one of my best selling points. It's also the best way to learn about the products so I can share useful tips at my shows, with my friends and family, etc.

Who all has qualified for the 2 knives this month? I will have by the end of this month!! I am so excited, and your right, PC knives cut like no other knife I have ever used. My brother and his wife just ordered a big set from a host. We can't wait to see the new knives when they arrive.

I qualified & received my SS1 bonus, but no knives yet. :(

Can we order the Santoku knife at more of a discount than our 22% before October?

tina_rn said:
Who all has qualified for the 2 knives this month? I will have by the end of this month!! I am so excited, and your right, PC knives cut like no other knife I have ever used. My brother and his wife just ordered a big set from a host. We can't wait to see the new knives when they arrive.

Huh? Are the two knives the consultant incentive this month for you guys?

jwpamp said:
Can we order the Santoku knife at more of a discount than our 22% before October?
Yes. If you hold a show of at least $300 in September you can get it as a half price item.

kcjodih said:
Huh? Are the two knives the consultant incentive this month for you guys?
Anyone who signed in July or August and qualifies before September 30th will get the Santoku and Chef's knives.

BethCooks4U said:
Yes. If you hold a show of at least $300 in September you can get it as a half price item.
Just the consultants can get this as the half priced in September? I'm so sorry, but I don't understand! Please help, Beth!:eek:

jwpamp said:
Just the consultants can get this as the half priced in September? I'm so sorry, but I don't understand! Please help, Beth!:eek:
No any host can get it! But it's the only way we can get it for 50% off too.

maryhenderlite said:
unless when I move, (new town, 6 hours away) I can really step up my business right away.

Mary, when you get to your new home, scout out the local library, and other public places and post "new pc consultant!" flyers, as well as postcards/flyers with the awesome september stoneware special (that everyone is raving about in the booking section) ... I know you'll be busy, but try to drum up some business right away -- your efforts will pay off, and maybe you can earn those knives after all! plus, christmas will only be a few months away, so you'll have extra money for that from all of your awesome commission! :D

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!I bought some corn on the cob at a local farm market today. My hubby has false teeth and has a hard time eating corn on the cob. I got my 3 1/2" paring knife out of the box to use to cut it off the cob. I was just like cutting butter, baby!! Unbelievable. I cut corn off two cobs in about 1 minute flat. I was really surprised. On the first cut corn went flying everywhere because I didn't expect it to cut so easy. i'm so excited about my knives.

A great tip for cutting corn off the ears... place the cob on the middle piece of the fluted pan and cut the corn off... the kernels fall right into the pan :)

tina_rn said:

I will have qualified and earned the knives as soon as I submit Friday's show (which the hostess keeps adding orders to so I haven't closed yet! ) :)
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

Related to Check Out Costco's Top-of-the-Line Knives!

1. How do these knives compare to other brands on the market?

Our knives are made with high-quality materials and are designed for durability and precision. We use a special forging process to create strong and sharp blades that can withstand heavy use and retain their sharpness over time. We also offer a lifetime warranty on our knives so you can trust in their quality.

2. What makes these knives "top-of-the-line"?

Our knives are made with premium materials and undergo a rigorous manufacturing process to ensure their quality and performance. They are also ergonomically designed for comfortable use and come with additional features such as protective covers for safe storage.

3. Are these knives affordable for the average consumer?

We understand the importance of offering high-quality products at an affordable price. Our knives are competitively priced and offer great value for their quality. We also offer promotions and discounts to make them even more accessible to our customers.

4. Can these knives be used for professional purposes?

Our knives are designed for both home and professional use. They are made with high-quality materials and undergo a strict quality control process to ensure their performance and durability. Many chefs and culinary professionals trust our knives for their daily tasks.

5. Is there a warranty on these knives?

Yes, we offer a lifetime warranty on our knives. We are confident in the quality and durability of our products, and we want our customers to be satisfied with their purchase. Our warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship, so you can have peace of mind when using our knives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pampered1224