• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chamber of Commerce Mixer - 60-80 Attendance

again, you could do a demonstration of one of the recipes. People can ask questions after you've shown them how to make it. You might also want to bring your catalogs and flyers to show off. And, of course, give out business cards!This sounds like a great idea! I have hosted a lot of parties in the past and usually just serve snacks like chips and dip. But, I would also bring some of my PC recipes like the Caprese Sandwiches in a Ring or the Mini Caprese Sandwiches. You could also bring a dessert like the Chocolate Coconut Tart. It sounds like you have everything covered!Great idea!! I think I would bring a few of
LakesideMom
Hi everyone!

I joined my local Chamber of Commerce and I have to say I am very impressed with what they have to offer. Lots of free advertising, networking opportunities, etc.

I have the opportunity to host a 'mixer' at the Chamber of Commerce office this month. I'm told that I can count on 60-80 members to attend. It would be for 2 hours - from 5pm to 7pm. They provide the advertising and the meeting area, I have to provide the food.

Has anyone done something like this before? It is a lot of people and I don't want make sure I can meet everyone. Any suggestions on food? I was thinking of just getting party trays (veggies, fruits, etc) at my local grocery and then making up a few nice desserts. I would have a display of PC Items, catalogs, flyers and would offer to demonstrate products at guest's request. I would address the group and focus mostly on the Help Whip Cancer fundraiser, maybe talk about Express Lunch Shows for their business.

Any ideas? This is my first month and I'm quite nervous :eek: - but - I don't want to pass up this opportunity to get my name out there. I am amazed at how many people I'm running into in my area that have never heard of PC.

TIA! :)

I have heard of doing this but call me dunb! How exactly do you find your local Chamber of Commerce so you can join? Dose it cost anything? Thanks for your information. I NEED to get my name out there more!! LOL
Hilary

Wow!! Good for you, Audra!! This is an amazing opportunity for you!!

You should do some vege trays and fruit trays. You can make them yourself and save some cash. Cut the veges with your Crinkle Cutter from your kit. Mix up a dip from the Farmer's Market Seasonings Set.

You may want to try a couple of PC recipes to showcase how great our recipes are. Maybe check out this other thread for the Mini Caprese Sandwiches in a ring..
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=7839

Even if you did two of these, that might be enough to at least give people a taste. You just want to be sure to cut small pieces. You are not feeding them a meal!!!

You can look in your phone book or google your city online (ex: "Chamber of Commerce Smallville, PA") and you should find their contact information. There is an annual cost. For me, it is $75, but it varies by size of the city (the neighboring city is much larger and $150/yr). Like Audra mentioned, they offer a lot of advertising & networking opportunities, plus they give you an "in" on local fairs/events that you could take part in. Many say it is definately worth doing.

That's exactly how I found my Chamber of Commerce. It cost me $205 but here are some of the benefits:
-Free advertising for a month every quarter in the weekly email newsletter
-Only $30 to advertise business card sized ad in the monthly mail newsletter
-Free TV/Radio advertising (too bad I can't take advantage of this one!!)
-Free monthly breakfast meeting to hand out business cards and network. Can also address the group for 3 minutes to tell about specials, etc.
-Leave business cards and flyers in the Chamber of Commerce
And, what I like best of all are the suggestions from my contact at the Chamber. She gave me a list of business to hit up for help on the Help Whip Cancer program. With so many small business in my area, it helps to have a list of business that is a little 'warm'.
Thank you for the suggestions on the mixer! I really have some planning to do but I hope to make a lot of good contacts.
Please keep the suggestions coming! :)

Wow, thats amazing!!! Thanks for the info!!:)

Oops - I forgot they also do a ribbon cutting at the Chamber of Commerce which is basically a picture of me looking like I'm cutting a ribbon (and I have chamber employees around me). It goes in the newspaper 'introducing' my business to the community. They include my contact information.
And, there is an ambassador group I can join. It is basically a monthly breakfast with new members and a picture is taken and put in the newspaper. This would get my name and 'Pampered Chef' in the paper every month.
I haven't even had the new member orientation yet! There may be even more member benefits.

This sounds like a great opportunity Audra!! I would do some of the cheaper recipes that can feed a lot of people, like the mandarin pasta salad. Then you can put it in the simple additions large bowl and book July (it's the special) You can also push June shows with the basket under it. Be sure to mention that $3 from every booking goes to ACS if you are holding a fundraiser. Good luck and don't get overwhelmed.

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

1. What should I wear to the Chamber of Commerce Mixer?

Business casual attire is appropriate for the Chamber of Commerce Mixer. You want to make a good impression, but you also want to be comfortable and able to network effectively.

2. Can I bring a guest to the Chamber of Commerce Mixer?

Yes, guests are welcome at the Chamber of Commerce Mixer. This is a great opportunity to introduce someone to the local business community and expand your network.

3. Is there a fee to attend the Chamber of Commerce Mixer?

There is usually a small fee to attend the Chamber of Commerce Mixer, but this can vary depending on the location and specific event. Check with your local Chamber of Commerce for more information.

4. What is the purpose of the Chamber of Commerce Mixer?

The Chamber of Commerce Mixer is a networking event designed to bring together local business professionals and foster relationships within the community. It is a great opportunity to make new connections and promote your business.

5. Will there be food and drinks at the Chamber of Commerce Mixer?

Yes, there will typically be light refreshments and beverages provided at the Chamber of Commerce Mixer. This allows for a more relaxed and casual atmosphere for networking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Trish in Texas