• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caught on Facebook: My Son's Latest Stunt on a Billboard!

In summary, George Orwell's world of 1984 is now our world where every sign is everywhere reminding citizens of Oceana that "Big Brother Is Watching." A technology department head is selling something and is passing around a picture of a child holding one of the items. Someone is caught on Facebook doing something and is reprimanded by three unrelated adults before their parents do. My son's 15 and we're still "friends" you bet.
lockhartkitchen
I love new technology. It used to be as a kid in a small town, if you were caught doing something you shouldn't, someone would let your parent know. Not today! My son is a "friend" on our facebook. I get a new picture posted of him (9 minutes prior) with him and his friend waving from the top of our local bill board.

What! Drive to his friend's house and tell him we've got eyes everywhere! He had the friendly police tell them it wasn't safe, but "nice pictures" after looking at their cell phone. I know he didn't get his stupidity from me. It must be a boy thing. What was he thinking climbing a billboard at rush hour on the MAIN road?

Bwahaha! That's funny how you caught him!!! I wonder if he'll delete you as a friend tomorrow? ;)

In George Orwell's world of 1984, the Telescreen kept an eye on everyone and signs were everywhere reminding citizens of Oceana that "Big Brother Is Watching."Whoever knew, that instead of a government Big Brother watching our every move, that it would be a citizen army watching us all, armed with cell phone cameras, watching our every move? (That's in addition to intersection cameras and security cameras in stores, restaurants, street corners and who knows where?)Orwell was right, it just took 25 years longer than he predicted!

You said it was him and a friend. There's something about getting two (or more) people together that sparks some evil creative part of their brains. As my friend once told me, every story about every stupid thing you ever did starts with, "My buddy and I . . ."

A good friend will come to the jail and throw your bail.A great friend will sit on the bench in the cell with you, saying, "Gee, that was fun!"

When I was in high school my sister and I walked across a railroad track over a road. As we were doing it we were so scared and swore we were never doing that again. When we got home our mother subtly mentioned how dangerous that track was and that trains still crossed it. We never did find out how she knew but someone saw us. It wasn't any technology since at that time we didn't have cell phones let alone facebook.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha! TOO funny, love it! :D How old is your son? We have the same rules at our house..if they want facebook I must be on their friends list. One day I commented on something my son posted (just a cute thing like good one or way to go, something like that) and noticed a couple days later that I hadn't seen postings of his. Seems he'd DELETED me as a friend because he didn't like his MOM commenting! Heaven forbid! Needless to say he was read the riot act and I was immediately put back on but no longer comment to save him embarrassment LOL

We had a technology department head that was selling something and was passing around (and e-mailing) a picture of a child holding one of the items. In the background of the picture, there were some company owned items tagged...and spotted. Long story short...there was much more at the home than there should have been and there was criminal restitution brought forth. This was not a stupid person, but someone that was so comfortable with the crime that they got sloppy.

I've seen stories on the news in the last few months of employers catching employees on Facebook doing something; an insurance company caught one lady looking HAPPY on a photo on FB. she was on disability for severe depression- so they said her photos showed she wasn't depressed anymore and she was removed from disability. Guess those insurance adjusters never FAKE IT!Closer to home, some friends of ours nearly ruined their marriage because of a photo on FB. It was fairly innocent, BUT something that shouldn't have been done, and obviously upset the other person.

My son's 15. We're still "friends" you bet.

I have a friend with six children and four of them are on facebook. Not only are they friends with their parents but are also friends with many fellow church members, kids and adults alike. When one of them posted during class time that he was on fb instead of doing his work, I think three unrelated adults chastised him for it before his parents did! :D

What is "Caught on Facebook!"?

"Caught on Facebook!" is a phrase used to describe a situation where someone's actions on the social media platform have been noticed or exposed by others.

What kinds of things can get someone "caught on Facebook!"?

This can vary, but some common examples include controversial posts or comments, embarrassing photos or videos, or evidence of dishonesty or inappropriate behavior.

How can someone avoid getting "caught on Facebook!"?

The best way to avoid getting "caught on Facebook!" is to think carefully before posting or commenting on anything. It's also important to regularly review and adjust privacy settings to control who can see your posts.

What should someone do if they have been "caught on Facebook!"?

If someone has been "caught on Facebook!", they should apologize if necessary and try to make amends if they have hurt or offended anyone. They can also consider deleting the post or photo and being more cautious in the future.

Is "Caught on Facebook!" always a bad thing?

Not necessarily. While it can be embarrassing or uncomfortable, sometimes being "caught on Facebook!" can lead to important conversations or helpful changes in behavior. It's important to reflect on the situation and use it as a learning experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies