• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cats and Computers: The Struggle of Checking Email with Feline Interruptions

In summary, the author's cats are getting between them and the computer screen and are driving them crazy. They have a solution that involves training their cats to chase real mice.
cwinter474
Gold Member
Checking my email and seeing my screen has gotten harder and harder to do since we got our cats. Mine have gotten into the habit of getting between me and the screen, chasing my mouse pointer and simply driving me crazy.

Have no idea why I posted this, just thought I would share. I'm sure KG will have words to say and even a few pics.

Attachments

• 0904 001.jpg
    0904 001.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 347
  • kittensa.jpg
    kittensa.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 330
  • misc 103.jpg
    misc 103.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 312
  • misc 204.jpg
    misc 204.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 289
  • misc.jpg
    misc.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 304
They are simply adorable!!!

I see an easy way to fix the problem, but I'm not going to suggest it, because they are too cute to ruin their fun!! Love the picture of the one cat winking conspiratorially!

They are so cute! I just love it!

Oh My! I just want to cuddle them. It's amazing the concessions we make for our Kitties. I love the one of them playing with the screen!

I think it was Carolyn (Dannyzmom) who posted pics of her cat sleeping on her keyboard...

Yeah, we know all about that around here. They're so cute when they're kittens...
IM005786.jpg

Puck & Pyewacket as kittensBut the trouble with kittens is that they grow up to be cats.
MyHelper1.jpg

If we could only get puck to chase REAL mice!
0222081339.jpg

The ONLY place to be is in the way.Eventually, they'll get bored with chasing the pointer around the screen because they can't catch it. But they never seem to outgrow walking on top of the ky,l;,aeporupioepppp.

Yes!!!
My cats are only happy when they are RIGHT in front of the monitor or laying ON my keyboard. They drive me batty but I adore them!
We have 3 computers in my office and they'll hang out by whichever ones are being used....

Mine loves to lay with me when I have my laptop in my lap. Which always is in my way!

Too cute! Thanks for sharing.

Our cats aren't too pesky around the computer. Mostly, my oldest will usually just pace back and forth in front of the screen, and then just stop in front for a petting. She is old - so we accomodate.

OOOHHH how great are they! So cute! Mine has the same issues with keyboards, mice and simply wanted my undivided attention. In fact he has gotten resourceful enough, he goes under the table and will purposely play, not bite but bat it around or simply step over it half way then lay down, thus pulling the power cord out of the laptop! Luckily he has not figured out I have a battery! Little snot but you gotta love 'em!

oh, the things we tolarate from those we love.

Thanks for the giggles and pics

That's too funny. My cat is the worst. My laptop was "broken" a few months back. I couldn't get the (ok i'm not super computer literate) part where you can move the mouse around the touch pad maybe it's called? Anyway I know some people fairly decent with computers. A friend looked at it and all I needed to do was hit something with a function key and it worked. So now I make sure when I'm done to close the laptop so he doesn't jump on it. Although he's been much better about jumping up on it and even the tables so I don't know what that is about.

OMG!!! Those kitties look just like mine!!! Only mine are more orange and they to love to help momma with her computer work. But they also like to lay on the laptop when it's closed to prevent me from working. They also love to help me read at night.

My girls like a good story now and then, but it is more like turn off the light, lay down so I can lay on you and lets go to bed. They stare and meow at me standing at my feet.

OMG I love it! They are adorable and beautiful! I have an orange and white one as well :). Mine love to join me while I'm making customer care calls and chase eachother around the room, etc. distracting me while I'm on the phone. It's great- they just want to be where ever I am trying to do work! You gotta love them! :)

OMG ~ how did I not see this thread earlier?
Your cats are EXACT same color/markings as my Delilah. It's not a very common coloring at all ~ almost butterscotch colored.
I love it!!!
Mine do the same thing, except they stand in front of the monitor with their face thisclose to my face. Gotta love 'em!!!

pampcheflisa said:
Mine do the same thing, except they stand in front of the monitor with their face thisclose to my face. Gotta love 'em!!!

Oh, I get this ALOT, it's like you've been on here for to long, time to pet me now!

1. What is the "Ot - Cats and Computers" product?

The "Ot - Cats and Computers" product is a specialized kitchen tool designed for cat owners. It is a combination of an oven mitt and a cat grooming glove, making it easier to handle hot dishes while simultaneously grooming your cat.

2. Is the "Ot - Cats and Computers" product safe for both cats and humans?

Yes, the "Ot - Cats and Computers" product is made with non-toxic materials and is safe for both cats and humans to use. However, it is always recommended to supervise your cat while using the product, as with any other grooming tool.

3. Can I use the "Ot - Cats and Computers" product for other pets besides cats?

The "Ot - Cats and Computers" product is specifically designed for cats and may not be suitable for other pets. It is important to use the product as directed and not to use it on any other animals.

4. How do I clean the "Ot - Cats and Computers" product?

The "Ot - Cats and Computers" product can be cleaned by hand washing with mild soap and water. Make sure to thoroughly dry the product before using it again.

5. Can I use the "Ot - Cats and Computers" product in the microwave or oven?

No, the "Ot - Cats and Computers" product is not suitable for use in the microwave or oven. It is designed for handling hot dishes and grooming cats, and should not be exposed to high heat sources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DMB75
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies