• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catering Show Struggles: How to Handle Three Events at Once?

In summary, the conversation discusses combining three catty shows that were not successful individually. The suggestion is to submit the $175 show as normal and give the host her 15% discount and special, while combining the other two shows into one. The benefits would be divided among the hosts, with one receiving a 20% discount on additional orders. The hosts who did not reach the $150 requirement for host benefits will not receive the host special. The suggestion also includes offering a 20% discount to all hosts for any additional orders.
PCSarahjm
I had 3 cattys going on and they weren't as successful as I thought they would be. So what do I do? 1 is at 175 , 2 at 75. Do I combined them all into one show and have the products shipped to me or what? Then how do I divide the benefits? What have you more experienced cheffers done in the past with something like this.:confused:

The first show at $175, submit like normal and give the host her 15% discount and the host special. The other two shows combine as one, and either have them delivered to your house or special shipped to the guests (don't eat the shipping charges yourself, however.)Tell the hosts that only collected $75 in orders that they have to meet guest sales requirements of $150 to get any host benefits. Since neither of them earned benefits, they don't get any.

Here's an ideaWell since they are catty shows, the limit on that for $10 in FREE products is $200 so it seems that all three hosts missed out on that.

If you combined all three shows ($175, $75 and $75) you would have a total of $325 and could explain to your hosts that you will be combining three shows that didn't quite make it to the FREE product level and send in their items that way to give everyone the $4 shipping. You could keep the FREE $25 in stuff for yourself, because technically it's like you collected all these orders from individuals to make one big show.
Offer the hosts a 20% discount on anything they would like to order and if you want to you could offer the half price item to the host with the most orders collected or the host special. Whichever one you don't want. Since they didn't make the $200 level they shouldn't expect FREE stuff but the one host with the $175 is technically still a show (with no free products) and may want the Host special. Hope it works out for you.

Debbie :D

If you haven't done any other sales this month, I would definately split them into 2 shows so you earn the "2 sharp products" for holding/submitting 2 June shows. Otherwise, I would combine as 1 show and divide benefits like this:

$175 host: $15 free and the 1/2 price item

the 2 $75 hosts: $5 free each and offer to let them order with the host so they get a discount of 20% on anything else, just let them know these items won't be in their own name on a receipt. Most people could care less.

I would try to reward everyone who collected orders a little because you never know when they will come back to you with a bigger order/show.

I would submit the 175 and put the 2 75.00 ones together and split it between hosts. Which, is only a 15% off products for both of them. I don't quite know how to deal with the host special. Neither of them got the 150 they need, so I wouldn't offer the host special to them, you purchase it for yourself if you want them!!

Related to Catering Show Struggles: How to Handle Three Events at Once?

1. How can I effectively manage my time when catering multiple events at once?

One way to manage your time is to create a detailed schedule for each event, including set up, cooking, serving, and clean up. Prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities to your team members. It's also helpful to have a backup plan in case of any unexpected issues.

2. What are some tips for staying organized during a busy catering show?

Invest in quality organizational tools such as labeled containers, trays, and shelves to keep ingredients and supplies easily accessible. Use checklists to ensure you have everything you need for each event. Keep a detailed inventory list and restock supplies regularly.

3. How can I handle dietary restrictions and preferences for multiple events at once?

Make sure to communicate with your clients early on about any dietary restrictions or preferences. Offer a variety of options for each event, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and allergy-friendly choices. Keep track of each client's specific requests and label all food items clearly.

4. What are some strategies for managing the stress of catering multiple events at once?

Take breaks when needed and delegate tasks to team members. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you feel overwhelmed. Prioritize self-care by staying hydrated, eating well, and getting enough rest. Stay organized and communicate effectively with your team to reduce stress.

5. How can I ensure the quality of food and service for multiple events happening simultaneously?

Train your team on proper food handling and service techniques. Have a designated person in charge of quality control for each event. Utilize technology, such as timers and temperature monitors, to ensure food is cooked and stored properly. Provide feedback to your team after each event to continuously improve the overall quality of your services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AudraKYPCLady
  • evk1972
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • sandilou
  • General Chat
Replies