• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Categorizing Guests Automatically - What did I Miss?

In summary, I don't know if I'm missing something or if corporate changed something, but the new guests/contacts that I've been adding to my shows lately do not get tagged in the "Guests" category in the Contact screen.
esavvymom
Staff member
I just noticed, that on my last several shows, the new guests/contacts entered do not get tagged as "guests" in the Categories! They didn't get tagged as anything- I had to go in manually to edit the contact.

Uh...hello?? Please tell me I'm missing a simple step when I enter them...and that I don't have to go to the "Edit Contact" screen and click that box.
If they are added as a Guest to a show, how hard would it be to automatically enter them as "Guest" in categories?

I noticed because I went to run a contact report in P3 for calls, and noticed my "Guest" list was very short!

Did I miss something?

Hmm, I thought maybe it was something in preferences but I can't find anything. Then I went and checked a few of my "guests" and sure enough, you're right, they are not marked with any category in the Contact screen. Weird!

On the positive side, rather than printing a "Guest" list report, click on Reports>Shows>Customer List. You won't get non-customer contacts listed, but if what you are wanting is guests then you'll get it that way!

Yup, crazy huh? I've already asked corporate to fix that. No response. It's been about a year. :rolleyes:

Ugh. Well, I think I'll just work from my Show Summarys. And thanks for the tip on the Customer List- I forgot about that one. I wish that we could customize the fields we want on a report when we run something. I'd love to be able to print Contacts and include just their phone/email, and my "notes" field so I can see where I met them! I usually put that info in the notes. Then when I call them, I could reference our connection. I get so frustrated when I try to use P3 for this stuff. Seriously contemplating making my OWN contact database. I have a friend who's an amazing programmer, he could help me make what I want in probably less than an hour!!! :D Oh well.

Hi there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It sounds like there may be a glitch in the system that is preventing your new guests from being automatically tagged as such. I recommend reaching out to our technical support team for further assistance in troubleshooting this issue. In the meantime, manually editing the contact and selecting the "Guest" category will ensure that they are included in your reports. Thank you for being a valued consultant and for your dedication to providing an exceptional experience for your guests. Keep up the great work!

What is "Categorizing Guests Automatically - What did I Miss?"

"Categorizing Guests Automatically - What did I Miss?" is a feature on some event planning software that allows users to automatically sort and categorize guest lists based on criteria such as RSVP status, dietary restrictions, and seating preferences. This feature can save event planners time and effort in organizing their guest lists.

How does "Categorizing Guests Automatically - What did I Miss?" work?

This feature uses algorithms and user-inputted criteria to automatically sort and categorize guest lists. The software may also allow for manual adjustments or overrides for more personalized categorization.

What are the benefits of using "Categorizing Guests Automatically - What did I Miss?"?

The main benefit of this feature is that it saves time and effort for event planners by automating the process of sorting and categorizing guest lists. This can also help to ensure that all guests are properly accounted for and any special requests or requirements are taken into consideration.

Are there any limitations to "Categorizing Guests Automatically - What did I Miss?"?

As with any automated feature, there may be limitations or errors in the categorization process. This feature may also not be able to account for last-minute changes or additions to the guest list. It is always recommended to double-check and manually review the guest list before finalizing any plans.

Is "Categorizing Guests Automatically - What did I Miss?" customizable?

This depends on the specific event planning software and its features. Some may allow for customizable criteria and categories, while others may have a set algorithm for sorting guests. It is important to research and compare different software options to find one that best fits your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvtocook
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
missmindym
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lisaterwilliger