• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should Catalogs be Distributed at the Beginning of the Show?

In summary, the host has requested that catalogs be handed out at the beginning of the party, which is different from what the consultant usually does for interactive shows. The consultant is concerned that this may decrease participation and is unsure how to appease the host while still maintaining an interactive show. Some other consultants have shared their methods of incorporating catalogs into the interactive show, such as having guests look up items in the catalog and using them as a tool for finding items. The consultant plans to follow the advice of other consultants in order to keep the host happy and still have a successful interactive show.
TrishPCMommy
Gold Member
I have a host who informed me today (show is Saturday) by email:

"One thing that I do want to be sure of at the party is that we hand out the catalogs in the very beginning of the party. This way the people can look at them during the demo and get some ideas. I have found that if they have more time to browse they will find more and have more questions. So that is the one really big thing that I wanted to do different from (previous host's) party..."

:eek:I've only done the interactive shows. Am I mistaken to think if I hand out the catalogs at the beginning that I will get no participation? :grumpy:They'll be busy going through a catalog instead of participating, right? Plus, it's a Cold Stone Show... they're going to have to make their ice cream combo!

Re: Host Coaching, she was at a previous show I did and it had "been a while" since she had been at a PC Show but she's a "good Host". I told her during our 1st call and 2nd call about how I would have the guests interacting with the tools and the "try before you buy" style of Show that I do. Now, this surprise!

How do I appease her (especially this late in the game) and still do an interactive show? BTW, I also asked her a few weeks ago if my new recruit could come to the show so my recruit could get more experience seeing an interactive show. The Host said "no problem"... now I've got my recruit coming to see...??? (I'm not sure...):eek::grumpy:

I do interactive shows and the guests have their catalogs. I use the catalogs to have guests look up the pages the items can be found on and give out "bucks" for the first to find it while someone else if using the item. This could please you host and still do the hands-on approach you are looking to demonstrate to your recruit.

I only do interactive shows and I have my clipboards out & available from the moment that the customer walks through the door. They will open the catalogs & flip through them while other people are still arriving but I've not found them to be a distraction at all. Once I do my intro & explain that this is an interactive show, I instruct all the guests to go wash their hands so we can get started. Everyone always stands up, puts their clipboard down in their seat & goes to either the kitchen or bath to wash ... then we do the demo. I've never had the catalogs get in the way. As soon as we get a break (foods in the microwave or oven) most of them will start browsing the catalog again while we go around the room, have everyone introduce themselves, name their favorite PC item and explain why it's their favorite. ;)

When I do an interactive show the people still get catalogs as they arrive. I just instruct them to leave the catalogs as they gather around the table for the interactive part.

I want my catalog at the beginning of any party that I go to so I the same at my shows.

pamperedlinda said:
I want my catalog at the beginning of any party that I go to so I the same at my shows.

Same here. I feel like I'm being held hostage if I'm not given the info up front.

I don't give them the catalog until after the demo. I do an interactive show and I usually have everyone standing around a table/countertop. When we go to sit down, I have them pick up a lapboard and pen on the way back to their seat. I don't consider it as keeping the catalogs away from them -- we're just too busy before then.

raebates said:
When I do an interactive show the people still get catalogs as they arrive. I just instruct them to leave the catalogs as they gather around the table for the interactive part.

That's what I do too.

Thank you for your feedback ladies!!
Jeanine, what you do/describe is how I usually do it.
I'm not too comfortable with the catalogs in hand and I'd like it to flow naturally for my recruit; I was hoping to practice some of the things I learned at Conference too, but not with catalogs in hand.
I will do Rae's & Deb's approach in hopes of keeping the Host happy... with the goal that the guests will leave the catalogs to come participate...
Thank you

lockhartkitchen said:
I do interactive shows and the guests have their catalogs. I use the catalogs to have guests look up the pages the items can be found on and give out "bucks" for the first to find it while someone else if using the item. This could please you host and still do the hands-on approach you are looking to demonstrate to your recruit.

Ditto. This is exactly how I run my shows, only I give out tickets for a door prize drawing. I tell guests in the introduction that it's an interactive show, and they will be participating in the cooking. I don't find anh problems with this format.

My thought is this: Certainly, we want to appease our hosts, but the bottom line is that it's your business, and your show format...and you need to be comfortable during the show.

Contrarywise, it doesn't hurt to try new things just to see what works best for you. See if giving them out at the beginning helps your sales or not...then you will know for next time and you will be able to tell your host, as the expert, that you've found that a certain way works best.

I've tried many different things...handing them out at the beginning, and the middle. I've had success at both..so I decided to compromise a little. I don't do interactive shows except for inviting guests up to try the tools...it doesn't always go over well. I find that I, many times, have trouble talking and preparing at the same time. I also find that if guests do NOT have catalogs right away, I have more of their attention....SO. I start off by having the host introduce me, then I thank the host, and the guests for coming....I share my story, talk about the business and the specials....then, I hand out my lapboards (catalog side down), and have them looking at more recruiting info., then when I'm ready to begin the recipe, I have them flip the lapboards over, and fill out their receipt and begin browsing the catalog. If I have something important to say....I make sure to get everyone's attention, usually by using a bicycle horn, or by clanging on a glass or piece of cookware.

my show sales seem to be higher when people get their catalogues near the beginning - that way they remember EVERYTHING that they want!

I've never had problems with giving out the catalogs when guests arrive! I don't give them out, they are in a stack.

What types of catalogs are available at the beginning of a Pampered Chef show?

At the beginning of a Pampered Chef show, you will have access to our full product catalog, as well as our seasonal catalogs. These seasonal catalogs feature limited edition products and special offers.

Do I have to purchase a catalog at the beginning of the show?

No, you do not have to purchase a catalog at the beginning of the show. However, we highly recommend having a catalog on hand to reference during the show and to place orders.

How much do the catalogs cost?

Our full product catalog is $1.50, and our seasonal catalogs range from $0.50 to $1.00. However, if you place an order of $60 or more, your catalog fee will be waived.

Can I order catalogs after the show?

Yes, you can order catalogs after the show. Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to place an order. Keep in mind that there may be a shipping fee for ordering catalogs after the show.

Are there any digital versions of the catalogs available?

Yes, you can access digital versions of our catalogs on our website. Simply click on the "Catalogs" tab and select the catalog you would like to view. You can also download a PDF version of the catalog for offline viewing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
baychef
  • littlemaisyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies