• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find the Perfect Catalog Tote Bag - Help Needed!

I think I may have to start thinking about getting one too:)Nice job, KG! Your bag looks awesome:D...I think I may have to start thinking about getting one too:)
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi everyone!
Where can I find a catalog tote bag? I checked Merrill and VIP, and maybe I'm just blind, but I can't find one!!! I'm talking about the black tote with the clear plastic panel in the back to display a catalog. Please help...I see people with them all the time, and I can't locate one...please HELP!!!!
Who all has one? Do they generate any business??
Thank you!

It's on Paperwork/Supply for $15. Love mine! I use it as a purse.

in PP under Supply order ... it's number 9612 ... I LOVE that tote! I'm assuming if you are using pp3 that it's still under supply order with that number.

DUH!! Must be my lack of sleep that's affecting my brain. Does the bag generate any interest for you? How many catalogs do you keep with you to give away, if anyone ever asks?

YES YES YES!! It generates lots of business. I have people stopping me all the time. I don't have a catalog in the front I have a sign on mine that says "Ask me about The Pampered Chef". People ask all the time. People who have never heard of PC and PC groupies. I keep mini-catalogs in the slot behind my sign to hand out. HOWEVER and this is a big HOWEVER you MUST ask them for their information before you give them something!! Otherwise you might as well throw the catalog in the garbage. You need a way to follow-up with them!

Good luck!! It is a MUST HAVE!!

I bought one from *someone* on here :) - love it so far - very sturdy!

I want a catalog tote too.I want a catalog tote too.... Whoever sells them please let me know where I can purchase.

Paula Batton
[email protected]

Paula, here's where to get one:

quiverfull7 said:
in PP under Supply order ... it's number 9612 ... I LOVE that tote! I'm assuming if you are using pp3 that it's still under supply order with that number.

Those are so freakin cute! Love it! I think that shall go on my birthday wish list :) Question for you Darby... do you have one and if so, do people comment on it?

OOH those are too cute...I was just getting ready to make my own catalog tote, but now I might have to change my thinking...I was just going to make it kind of plain, but ooooh those are cuuuute!

GourmetGirl said:
Those are so freakin cute! Love it! I think that shall go on my birthday wish list :) Question for you Darby... do you have one and if so, do people comment on it?

I do. I have the really funky pink flowers version. I thought they were kind of pricey, but I have gotten ALOT of comments from them, and it does stir up the interest a bit. I know I have gotten a couple of people who have wanted the info , and even some set shows from it, so in the long run, it was worth my investment!

I'm not sure carrying a tote that looks like a purse would attract the kind of attention that I'd be looking for. :eek:

Aw...just say it's a manbag, you may create the fad ALL OVER again...lol

manbag_1.jpg

Remember when fanny packs were all the rage? Whoever would have thought a colostomy bag would be a fashion statement.

LMAO...no kidding. :D

I could make you a manbag, KG! I have my bag partly done! I can't wait to show y'all!

I made my bag!! I really kind of love it!! Now I have to make one for my newest consultant who just qualified!

Attachments

• catbag1.jpg
    catbag1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 592
  • catbag2.jpg
    catbag2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 490
I am impressed!

UPDATE: I ordered one through PC last week...hopefully it will get here soon. I hope it generates some more business for me, as it has for some of you. Thanks for all the info. You guys and gals rock!

I know mine isn't quite as cute as the ones from coryann, (mostly because I didn't really have the fabric to mix and match) but it was MUCH cheaper and it used up some of my fabric stash!!! (awesome helping me declutter!) I'm thinking I have the idea for KG's manbag...I don't know if I have good fabric colors for a man, but I'll see what I can whip up...stay tuned!!

Kim, I think you did an excellent job! I wish I was that creative. My husband has a garment business here in LA and he has tons (literally) tons of left over fabric just sitting there at his shop. I should be ashame of myself. I don't even know how to sew!

Cute Bag Speedy!Speedychef! Your bag looks awesome:D ... I am getting fabric tomorrow and trying my hand at it!

-Paula

Check out these bags.

http://chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=17380

She can make a Pampered Chef Catalogue tote in any of her fabrics and it is just the right size for catalogues!

Paula, I'll tell you what I did...I cut the vinyl 9"x12" (but I think I could have probably done more like 11". I then cut a strip of fabric 1 1/2" wide and used it like binding a quilt (Not that I know how to bind a quilt, but I figgered it out...) for the catalog pocket

For the bag, I cut the fabric 15" by 34" I folded it in half and seamed the sides together. Then I made the gusset by folding the bottom fold up even with the side seam and sewing a line from the 3" corner if that makes sense. Then I did the same with the lining. The handles are 2 pieces of 2 1/2" x about 23" (I cut width of the fabric and just cut it in half) I sewed them right sides together, turned it right side out, and then topstitched...I SHOULD have put the pocket on before I had the bag assembled, but I didn't...I made the inner pocket with scraps from the outside and it's about 5 1/2" deep all the way around...I think I should have made the pockets a little shallower, but live and learn. This was my prototype as I told my new consultant that I'd make her one when she qualified, which she is $50 away from...so I better get to work finishing it! Then you pin the handles to the bag where you want them, on the right side, then you flip the liner inside out and put the bag in it. Sew them together at the top edge, but leave a hole (fairly big because that vinyl is pretty stiff) to turn it right side out and then topstitch around the top, closing the hole in the meantime. I used home decor fabric, so it's a little sturdier. If you're using something else, I'd say you should use interfacing to strengthen it.

Hope I made it clear as mud! Let me know if you want more details!

Oh and PS, I forgot to do it, but I was going to sew in a loop to clip my keys on, so you might think of that...

speedychef said:
I made my bag!! I really kind of love it!! Now I have to make one for my newest consultant who just qualified!

OMG! I LOVE IT! I would love to see some sort of a dots pattern, that would be adorable! How much are you charging for these suckers?:)

I love these cory bags. I just emailed her. I am such a bag freak..Of couse I have to have ONE>>>UGGGG!! LOL

I don't know, I hadn't even thought of selling them. I have a stash of fabric that I've had forever to make bags or purses and when my buddy told me (for the THIRD TIME-how long does it take me to hear things!) that she booked a show with a stranger because of her catalog tote, I decided that I needed one NOW! So I dug through the piles of fabric to find something fun. It's probably $10 worth of materials and took me maybe 3 hours...maybe more because I didn't know just what I was doing, but I guess I'd take $40 for it. Maybe $35 if you wanted to provide the fabrics...

speedychef said:
I don't know, I hadn't even thought of selling them. I have a stash of fabric that I've had forever to make bags or purses and when my buddy told me (for the THIRD TIME-how long does it take me to hear things!) that she booked a show with a stranger because of her catalog tote, I decided that I needed one NOW! So I dug through the piles of fabric to find something fun. It's probably $10 worth of materials and took me maybe 3 hours...maybe more because I didn't know just what I was doing, but I guess I'd take $40 for it. Maybe $35 if you wanted to provide the fabrics...

That is awesome - I need to learn how to sew!

Well, I just got my tote bag....very nice! It's already loaded up, I couldn't wait! Not as colorful and pretty as the ones I've seen on here, but it'll work!

my friend has a dots pattern (i have the black and the brown bags!) they are biggers dots but soooo cute. Check it out. #1 and #16. http://kabfabriccreations.com/swatches.html

She puts pom poms around the top of each bag. I am addicted to them!

sarahmarie said:
my friend has a dots pattern (i have the black and the brown bags!) they are biggers dots but soooo cute. Check it out. #1 and #16. http://kabfabriccreations.com/swatches.html

She puts pom poms around the top of each bag. I am addicted to them!

How cute!!

speedychef said:

Yours is so CUTE!! How much to make? Pattern? etc? I want details please! I like my one from TPC but not nearly as CUTE!!

Where can I find a catalog tote bag?

You can find the catalog tote bag on the Pampered Chef website under the "Bags & Totes" category. It is also available at select Pampered Chef parties and events.

Who all has one?

Many Pampered Chef consultants and customers have the catalog tote bag. It is a popular and convenient way to carry catalogs and other materials for parties and events.

Do they generate any business?

While the catalog tote bag is not directly linked to generating business, it can help make the process of hosting a party or event easier and more organized. By having all necessary materials easily accessible, it can create a more professional and efficient experience for potential customers.

Why can't I find one on Merrill or VIP?

The catalog tote bag may not be available on third-party websites such as Merrill or VIP. It is exclusively sold on the Pampered Chef website and at select events and parties.

Do you have any tips for using the catalog tote bag?

Some tips for using the catalog tote bag include keeping it organized with only necessary materials, using the clear plastic panel to display catalogs or flyers, and utilizing the side pockets for additional storage. It can also be helpful to have multiple catalog tote bags for different types of events or parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• btriplett2
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
gbakes27
  • EdraJayne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • babywings76