• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Host a Catalog Show with Out-of-Town Friends: Tips and Advice

In summary, the conversation discusses the requirements for a catalog show and whether an individual order over $150 can qualify as a show. It is confirmed that any order $150 or over can be considered a show, and the host can still receive the host special. It is also mentioned that some consultants have customers who regularly place $150 orders to receive the host special. It is suggested to enter the order as a catalog show and not an individual order. The conversation also touches on the possibility of having someone listed as both a guest and host on the same show, which is allowed as long as the host receives 2 host specials.
BlessedWifeMommy
I am new and have lots of out of town friends. Some of them have been nice enough to say they would do a catalog show for me. My question is one of my friends knows she wants to place a personal order over $150, but doesn’t know if she will have other “guest” orders, or at lest not $150 worth. Can that still qualify as a show? Do I split her order into two?

Thanks in advance!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I am new and have lots of out of town friends. Some of them have been nice enough to say they would do a catalog show for me. My question is one of my friends knows she wants to place a personal order over $150, but doesn’t know if she will have other “guest” orders, or at lest not $150 worth. Can that still qualify as a show? Do I split her order into two?

Thanks in advance!

I believe any order $150 or over is a show

You can enter her order in & then she can get the host special if she wants.

Yep, any order $150 and above is a show! Just make sure you put it in as a catalog show and not an individual order. I have people call me regularly and place $150 orders to get the host special. Granted, they are usually gift shopping, but not always. I think I had 3 or 4 last December alone. And, my aunt does it at least once every 6 months. I put her in for another booking, and she gets to choose 2 host specials. Of course, that does screw me out of some commission, but I have a happy customer who does it again and again!

I met someone at a cluster meeting that only does catalogue shows. She has enough to keep her active and that's what she wants.

Yep go for it! Just put her order in as a guest order, then she can collect the host special under her name as the host. :)

I was wondering if you could put someone down as a guest and host... I did it once but put the husbands name down b/c I was not sure it was ok to have the same name?

Yes, you can have someone as a guest and host on the same show. That's how you have to do it if your host booked from his/herself and is getting 2 host specials.

1. What is a catalog show and how does it work?

A catalog show is a type of party where the host collects orders from their friends and family using a Pampered Chef catalog. The host then submits the orders to their consultant, who will process them and deliver the products directly to the host's guests. This allows the host to earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from their party.

2. How do I become a host for a catalog show?

To become a host for a catalog show, you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. The consultant will guide you through the process of setting up a catalog show, including choosing a date, sending out invitations, and collecting orders from your guests.

3. Is there a minimum purchase requirement for a catalog show?

No, there is no minimum purchase requirement for a catalog show. Guests can choose to purchase as little or as much as they would like. However, the more sales your party generates, the more free and discounted products you can earn as a host.

4. How long does a catalog show last?

A catalog show typically lasts for 10-14 days, depending on the preference of the host and consultant. This allows enough time for guests to browse the catalog, submit their orders, and for the consultant to process and deliver the products.

5. Can I earn rewards from a catalog show if I don't live in the same area as the host?

Yes, you can earn rewards from a catalog show even if you live in a different area than the host. As long as the orders are submitted under the host's party, you will receive the same rewards as if you attended an in-person party. However, shipping fees may apply for deliveries outside of the host's local area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JaimeAnnR
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janetgia
  • christina78
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies