• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cash at Shows...how Much Change?

In summary, it is unusual for me to have more than 1 or 2 pay in cash. I usually have change for my customers, but this weekend I had a party where EVERY SINGLE PERSON paid in cash, 2 with $100bills and only 1 with exact change. I was starting to panic, but amazingly was able to cover all the orders. If I hadn't been able to make change for everyone, what should I have done...start writing out checks??? It was an unusual situation, I know, but now I want to be prepared
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
I was wondering how much change you usually keep on hand for customers paying in cash. I was bringing $20 in small bills with me to parties. This weekend I had a party where EVERY SINGLE PERSON paid in cash, 2 with $100bills and only 1 with exact change. (It will be about a $350 party, with a $35 average order.) I was starting to panic, but amazingly was able to cover all the orders.

If I hadn't been able to make change for everyone, what should I have done...start writing out checks??? It was an unusual situation, I know, but now I want to be prepared if it should happen again.

Last edited:
hmmm not much help here but thats all I usually bring too. $20-25 in 5's &1's.
It is unusual for me to have more than 1 or 2 pay in cash.

I'm really bad about having change for my customers! I don't usually have cash on me. I do need to change that though- no pun intended..

Not including a little coin purse I have with me, I carry $100.
10 - ones
4 - fives
3 - tens
2 - twentys

Last edited:
I personally don't collect any money at all, I have everyone pay their host as I do not know most of the people at the show, I find it easier for the host to be responsible for them. I very rarely have anyone pay in cash because I let them know that they can pay by check, debit or credit and to make the check out to the host. I collect the checks for my host and hand them to her before I leave and let her know that when we close her show I will give her a show total and have her write me one check for the show amount. Every one in a while I do have those who ask to pay in cash and I always say that's fine but I don't have change as all the money is going to their host. They usually work it out or use one of the other methods instead.

I carry $20 in 1's and 5's. I don't carry any coins b/c they should all be rounding up. :)

I am bad to I never carry cash But if someone needs change I hae gotten it to them pretty fast

I don't ever carry any change. Sometimes I will have enough in my purse to cover the change. Sometimes others pay in cash and it is enough to cover any change that is needed. One time I just wrote a couple checks to the people for their change. They were fine with that. Most people pay with checks or credit cards so I don't really worry about it.

When I remember, I'll throw a couple 5's and some 1's in my money bag....but usually I forget. I rarely get cash - and when I do, I just tell them I'll need correct change, or that I also take MC,V, D, & AE....plus debit cards and checks - I've never had anyone not buy because I didn't have change!

I've starting asking the host if she has a "cash crowd". If a friend or family member always pays in cash, the host will usually know about it.

Of course, this doesn't help with uninvited guests or casual acquaintences, but it at least gets me going in the right direction.

nikked said:
I've starting asking the host if she has a "cash crowd". If a friend or family member always pays in cash, the host will usually know about it.

Of course, this doesn't help with uninvited guests or casual acquaintences, but it at least gets me going in the right direction.
That's a great idea. I have found that some groups of people tend to all use a specific payment type. So once I get into a group I try to remember what their preferred method is.

I had cash ready for one show (my first), but no one paid in cash. I haven't brought any cash to a show since. Still, no one has paid in cash and needed change.

Seems every area is different.... when I do a show in my hometown, it's rare that I need to have change (but I usually have a little in my purse, if it's needed....)

But when I head up north to my little sis', I get a LOT of cash payments!!!!!

Well I am like you Darcy.
You won't get any cash out of me.
I run my shows exactly the same way as Darcy explained and have never had a problem :)

Michelle Metheny said:
I'm really bad about having change for my customers! I don't usually have cash on me. I do need to change that though- no pun intended..
I've gotten bad lately where I don't bring change, because usually everyone pays by check or CC so I forget to grab it before my show and of course when I don't bring it someone always has cash!:rolleyes:

I've never considered this... I don't carry cash with me to shows at all. Never had a problem. If someone needs to make change, usually another customer or the hostess can help her. Debit/credit/checks for me! :D

I've never needed change at a show yet either.

Julie

I've done several shows where the majority of people pay in cash. I think it really does depend on the area. I generally carry 1 $10 bill, 3 $5 bills, and 5 $1 bills, along with a handful of change. I keep it in a small, clear cosmetic bag in the side pocket of my rolling case.(Yes, I encourage everyone to round up, but every once in a while someone says no.)

I have carried a change bag since I started. It's a PC one I got from a former vendor. I love it. I keep the same amt of change as Rae. I also put all checks in there. A couple of times I put the checks in my apron and almost washed them!!! I keep my change bag in my briefcase. At the show I have it next to my laptop. After the show when I am done balancing the show I return the bag to my briefcae.

raebates said:
I've done several shows where the majority of people pay in cash. I think it really does depend on the area. I generally carry 1 $10 bill, 3 $5 bills, and 5 $1 bills, along with a handful of change. I keep it in a small, clear cosmetic bag in the side pocket of my rolling case.

(Yes, I encourage everyone to round up, but every once in a while someone says no.)

Most people do round up. . .so I rarely touch my coin purse.

My money bag is always in my paperwork case so I don't have to "remember" to bring it to a show. I like being prepared and guests seem to appreciate that I am.

Some groups pay cash. When working with a Hispanic group (as addressed in a another thread) it is highly likely that you will need to make change.

I do it exactly like Darcy except I have the host write me a check the night of the show for the outside orders and orders collected at the show. That way it minimizes the chance that the money will mysteriously absorb into her budget :eek: A couple of times I've had a host ask me about timing and I will work with them for a day or two.

I only had one person pay cash and thankfully the change was only like $.25.

What is the recommended amount of change to bring to a Pampered Chef show?

The recommended amount of change to bring to a Pampered Chef show is $100 in small bills and coins. This usually allows for enough change to handle most transactions.

What denominations of bills and coins should I bring as change?

We recommend bringing a mix of $1, $5, and $10 bills, as well as a variety of coins including pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. This will allow you to make change for any amount up to $100.

What if I run out of change during the show?

If you run out of change during the show, you can either ask a fellow consultant for change or use a mobile payment option such as Venmo or Cash App. It's always a good idea to have a backup plan in case you run out of physical change.

Do I need to bring exact change for each transaction?

No, you do not need to bring exact change for each transaction. It's always a good idea to have a variety of bills and coins on hand to make change for different purchase amounts.

Can I accept credit or debit cards as payment at the show?

Yes, you can accept credit or debit cards as payment at the show. However, it's important to have a backup plan in case of technical difficulties or poor reception. It's always a good idea to have some cash on hand for those who prefer to pay with cash.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SheenaGonzales
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krahema
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Kenzie09
  • esavvymom