• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveler's Query: Can I Take Cosmetics in My Carry-on?

In summary, the conversation is about what can and cannot be taken in carry-on luggage while traveling. The person asking the question is curious about whether items like lipstick, mascara, face powder, and compact are allowed. Others in the conversation confirm that these items are safe to bring, but suggest putting them in a ziplock bag to avoid any issues during the screening process. The conversation also touches on the annoyance of having to go through carry-on luggage during the screening process. There is also a reference to a comedy sketch about carrying on about luggage.
Trish1953
Silver Member
Okay, you World Travelers! Can you answer me this? I read all the information about what take in my carry-on luggage. But, it doesn't seem to answer whether I can take lipstick, mascara, face powder or compact. Do you know? Thanks in advance.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Trish,

Those are all safe/approved to go in your carry-on luggage. The main concern is liquids (so be careful of liquid foundation) and I know before you couldn't take a big toothpaste. . .not sure if they changed that or not.

If you go to an airline website (I would think any airline), there should be a link to check the current guidelines.

Happy travels. I hope you are going somewhere fun.

If you wear Lip Gloss - you will have to put your lip gloss in the zip-baggie with your other liquids (b/c it's a gel) sometimes they want your lipstick there too....some screeners and airports are more particular than others.

Why would you carry on about luggage?I can understand if you carry on about politics, or carry on about your favorite sports team, but I can't figure out why you'd carry on about luggage.-The Ghost of Emily Latella

As Linda stated those items are fine to take in your carry on, but make sure that you put them in a zip lock bag and remove them before screening and put the baggie seperate in the lug next to your carry on. I have seen some screeners get mad that they have to open up the carry on and take out the zip lock bags:rolleyes: I myself put everything in my checked baggage (in less it is valuable) so I don't have to worry about holding up the lines!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Why would you carry on about luggage?

I can understand if you carry on about politics, or carry on about your favorite sports team, but I can't figure out why you'd carry on about luggage.

-The Ghost of Emily Latella

I can hear her saying, "Oh, that's different. Never mind."

1. Can I bring liquid cosmetics in my carry-on bag?

Yes, you can bring liquid cosmetics in your carry-on bag as long as they are in containers that are 3.4 ounces or less and all containers fit in a clear, quart-sized bag. This includes items like liquid foundation, moisturizer, and liquid eyeliner.

2. Are there any restrictions on the size of powder cosmetics in my carry-on bag?

No, there are no size restrictions on powder cosmetics in your carry-on bag. You can bring items like powder foundation, blush, and eyeshadow without any limitations.

3. Are there any limits on how many cosmetics I can bring in my carry-on bag?

As long as your cosmetics fit within the size and liquid restrictions mentioned above, there is no limit on the number of cosmetics you can bring in your carry-on bag. However, keep in mind that all items must fit comfortably in your quart-sized bag.

4. Do I need to remove my cosmetics from my bag during the security screening process?

Yes, all liquids and gels, including cosmetics, must be removed from your bag and placed in a separate bin for screening. This helps the security agents get a clear view of the items and ensures a smoother screening process.

5. Can I bring aerosol cosmetics in my carry-on bag?

Aerosol cosmetics, such as hairspray or dry shampoo, are allowed in carry-on bags but must also follow the 3.4 ounce limit and be placed in a quart-sized bag. Keep in mind that some airlines may have additional restrictions on aerosol products, so it's best to check with your specific airline before packing them in your carry-on bag.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies