• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Marketing with Card Caddies for Your Car

In summary, Bobbi was looking for ways to make mini-cat or recipe cards that she could put on the back of her van. She heard of someone sticking catalogs under their rear wiper, but was afraid that people would break the wiper blade or that the rest of the catalogs would fall out when they pulled one out. She also looked online for ideas, but could not find what she was looking for. She found a holder for mini-cat or recipe cards that has suction cups already attached and can be squeezed a dozen or so into, and a wire basket that can be bought at office supply stores. She also found a magnetic sign that says "Pampered Chef, please take one."
esavvymom
Staff member
I was wondering. I've seen the "card caddies" (cardcaddie.com) and a few other similar products that are for your Business Card to be on your vehicle, but has anyone come across something that would fit the Mini-Catalog or a Recipe Card?

I was thinking about putting something like that on the back of my van- that I can slide on and off as I go in and out of certain places (like the Mall, grocery store, etc), that folks could take when they saw my car int he parking lot. Ideally, I'd like to put mini-cats, or recipe cards with my contact information on it, and not just business cards, since we all know the cats/recipes work better than just a biz-card.

Anyone seen anything like this or have any ideas?

One of the presenters in my Phenomenal Phone Calls class says that she just sticks catalogs under her rear wiper. Not sure how many it'll hold (and mine isn't always clean :blushing: :)

I heard it in "Out and About", but I was afraid that if I did that (under the wiper) that (1) People would break my wiper blade and/or (2) when they pulled one out, the rest of them would fall out onto the ground because the blade lifted up enough...and they'd leave them there.That's why I was trying to find something.....going to keep my eyes open.

esavvymom said:
I heard it in "Out and About", but I was afraid that if I did that (under the wiper) that (1) People would break my wiper blade and/or (2) when they pulled one out, the rest of them would fall out onto the ground because the blade lifted up enough...and they'd leave them there.

That's why I was trying to find something.....going to keep my eyes open.

Bobbi, I thought the same thing! Plus, as the one before...my windshield isn't always the cleanest :blushing:

Most realty companies have containers that are used to hold small brochures about the house or business. I'm sure the company that makes those makes one for vehicles.

I have never seen this in my area, I am so getting one thanks for the tip!

For mini catalogs, check out the bath section of Wal-Mart, Linens & Things, etc. Look for a holder that has suction cups already attached that you could squeeze a dozen or so mini catalogs into & stick to the rear windshield of your van!

Or you can go to any office supply store, Wal-Mart or The Container Store, etc. & get a wire basket designed to hold something like that and then get some silicone suction hooks to attach it to the rear window of your van. Just make sure that the wire holder has holes big enough to fit on the hooks of the suction cups.

Here's the suction cups

Here's the concept of the holders, but these are made for lockers and the mesh holes are too small to do what you would need to do

If several of you wanted to get together, you could buy the "real estate" flyer holders that are designed to withstand the elements. They are clear and have a lid that lifts to remove the flyer/catalog - but keep out the wind, rain, bugs, etc. I browsed around a bit online, but could only find them sold in bulk. Oooh! You might be able to find something like that in the section of Wal-Mart with the "for sale by owner" signs. ;)

I did also browse online awhile, and found several places that sell the outdoor boxes (individually). "Window Mount Brochure Box" or "Outdoor Brochure box"....but I was trying to find something I could remove...wouldn't want to leave it on the car and have it fly off! WHOOPS! :D But, it's funny, those ones you mentioned that have the mesh holes too small, I have one of those! I was going to try it TEMPORARILY since it's not enclosed or 'wind-proof'...it's magnetic. But when I'm out and about, I'm going to see what I can concoct. One site I found did have exactly what I was looking for- but they were in 8 1/2 x11 size, and that would be way too big for minis or recipe cards, etc. But I think we are all thinking the same direction (hooks, etc)

This is a good idea. I may have to tinker around with this myself. I was at Dollar Tree yesterday and they had some really cute, colorful magnetic containers that would work.

Maybe you could make a small magnetic sign (Free right now on Vista Print) that says "Pampered Chef, please take one" to draw further attention.

Saturday Gourmet said:
This is a good idea. I may have to tinker around with this myself. I was at Dollar Tree yesterday and they had some really cute, colorful magnetic containers that would work.

Maybe you could make a small magnetic sign (Free right now on Vista Print) that says "Pampered Chef, please take one" to draw further attention.

That's a great idea!

janetupnorth said:
Most realty companies have containers that are used to hold small brochures about the house or business. I'm sure the company that makes those makes one for vehicles.

I was thinking about getting on of these to put into my yard. Wondering if anyone has and if it brings them any business?

Carol

I got a suction cup thingy designed for the bathroom. I have old catalogs and put those in it when I park my car for a while (grocery store, Walmart, etc).

DebbieJ said:
I got a suction cup thingy designed for the bathroom. I have old catalogs and put those in it when I park my car for a while (grocery store, Walmart, etc).

Do you notice catalogs being taken?

I wish that they would put out the PChef window shades again. That would really help draw attention.

Good question...if it's drawing any business, I might just be tempted to do the same thing. :)

Ok. So I have several of those magnetic mesh holders that Sheila mentions in post #7 above....so I thought I'd stick them on my van last night when I was at Target. I popped about 5 mini-catalogs in there (I had about 15 left). Wouldn't you know it, I'm in there all of 5-10 minutes when it just starts POURING rain outside! I mean- I was making my kids stand next to me in the store because it was storming so bad...I didn't want them too far away should the roof collapse!...thats the kind of storm- and you feel blind in those big stores when that's happening...ANYWAY...needless to say, my catalogs were pulp by the time I got outside. So I'll keep trying.... :)

Bobbi, sorry it rained. Please let us know if you try again.

esavvymom said:
Ok. So I have several of those magnetic mesh holders that Sheila mentions in post #7 above....so I thought I'd stick them on my van last night when I was at Target. I popped about 5 mini-catalogs in there (I had about 15 left). Wouldn't you know it, I'm in there all of 5-10 minutes when it just starts POURING rain outside! I mean- I was making my kids stand next to me in the store because it was storming so bad...I didn't want them too far away should the roof collapse!...thats the kind of storm- and you feel blind in those big stores when that's happening...

ANYWAY...needless to say, my catalogs were pulp by the time I got outside. So I'll keep trying.... :)

This is my great fear. I've got the attention span of a ferret. I just know that I'd leave it and it would rain, or I'd forget they were in there and take off down the highway scattering mini-catalogs in my wake.

raebates said:
This is my great fear. I've got the attention span of a ferret. I just know that I'd leave it and it would rain, or I'd forget they were in there and take off down the highway scattering mini-catalogs in my wake.

*lol* I can see you doing that. I almost did it the other day.

Yeah, and with my luck I'd get a ticket for littering. :(

1. What is a Card Caddy for Your Car?

A Card Caddy for Your Car is a convenient and stylish way to store your essential cards and documents while on the go. It is a small organizer that attaches to your car's sun visor, keeping your cards easily accessible and organized while driving.

2. How many cards can the Card Caddy hold?

The Card Caddy can hold up to 10 cards, including credit cards, driver's license, insurance cards, and more. It also has a clear ID window for easy visibility.

3. Is the Card Caddy easy to install?

Yes, the Card Caddy is very easy to install. It has a simple clip-on design that securely attaches to any car's sun visor without the need for any tools or hardware.

4. Can the Card Caddy accommodate different sizes of cards?

Yes, the Card Caddy has a flexible design that can accommodate different sizes of cards, including larger cards like passports or car registration. The elastic band closure ensures that the cards stay in place.

5. Is the Card Caddy easy to clean?

Yes, the Card Caddy is easy to clean. Simply wipe it with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or stains. It is also dishwasher safe for a more thorough cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies