• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caught Unprepared...murphy's Law

In summary, the speaker on a CD suggested not carrying catalogs on purpose and instead getting contact information to mail a catalog and follow up. The person who shared the conversation forgot to bring her catalogs with her and missed an opportunity to share her business with a potential customer. However, she was able to give her contact information and hopes that the person will call her to place an order. She also heard a success story from someone who used a similar approach.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, so normally I have at least ONE catalog or something in my car. Plus I ALWAYS have my catalog tote w/ me filled w/ catalogs, minis, recipes, business cards, the works. Yesterday my DH took everything out of the van because he had to go pick up our refrigerator that was at the repair shop. So today I went to church and took my scripture bag with me in leu of my catalog tote bag, like normal. (Don't want to be promoting my business on the Sabbath at Church :eek:) But today, of all days (the car being all cleaned out), someone came up to me in the parking lot. She was a visitor and doesn't know me, so she came to my car when she saw my logos in the windows. She asked if I had a catalog or business card or something. I was crushed that I didn't have something to give her!!! She got out a little note pad and I wrote my info and website for her. She has a daughter who LOVES Pampered Chef and has a birthday coming up in the next couple months. So she saw my car and it hit her that that's what she should do!

So what a dope I felt like! Figures the one time I don't have stuff, I'd get stopped. Murphy's law I guess! :rolleyes:

And to make matters worse...I forgot to get HER info!! DUH!! :cry:

O Amanda, that bites! I know Murphy's Law toooo well!

Since she sounded excited, here's a little prayer that she does call you! You'll remember to get her info then. = )

I had one guy ask me for a catalog at Sonic one day....I was tired and did not even try to get contact info. I gave him a mini, because I left my stuff at home. Told him to call me if he liked anything or had questions. He called 8 days later and ordered the mandoline and basting bottle!

It all works out, no worries! God helps fill in our gaps. = )

Next time that happens, just tell them you just ran out, and you'd be happy to mail one to her. Then get her contact info (including phone number) so you can follow up and get her order! :)

I heard a someone (a speaker on a CD, I think) say that she doesn't carry catty's on purpose. She tell people she would be happy to mail them one and gets their address, she also gets their number so she can make sure they get the catalog. She said this is a great way to get all their info so SHE can follow up.

I haven't tried it yet, but it's sounds like a great idea.

That stinks. The good news is that it is very unlikely that you will ever let that happen again.

What is "Caught Unprepared...murphy's Law"?

"Caught Unprepared...murphy's Law" is a cookbook from Pampered Chef that offers recipes and tips for quick and easy meals when things don't go as planned in the kitchen.

What types of recipes are included in "Caught Unprepared...murphy's Law"?

The cookbook includes recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts that can be made with simple ingredients and minimal prep time.

Can I use my own ingredients in the recipes?

Yes, the recipes in "Caught Unprepared...murphy's Law" are meant to be flexible and adaptable. You can easily substitute ingredients to fit your personal preferences or dietary needs.

Are there any tips for dealing with kitchen emergencies in the cookbook?

Yes, "Caught Unprepared...murphy's Law" offers helpful tips and tricks for handling common kitchen mishaps, such as a burnt dish or missing ingredients.

Is this cookbook suitable for beginner cooks?

Definitely! "Caught Unprepared...murphy's Law" is designed to be user-friendly and easy to follow, making it a great resource for cooks of all levels. It also includes helpful illustrations and step-by-step instructions for each recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • sluna75