• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caramel Chocolate Trifle Recipe

In summary, the recipe for the carmel chocolate trifle is as follows: 1. Make cake as box instructs you normally in an 8 inch pan.2. Cool.3. Prepare pudding as normally would.4. Cut cake into 1-1/2 inch cubes, place half the cubes in a 3 quart glass bowl, lightly press down to fill the gaps.5. Top with half the whipped topping, 1/2 of the pudding, 1/2 carmel topping and 1/2 toffee bits or almond chips.6. Repeat the lawyers from .7. Cover and
naekelsey
Gold Member
I am looking for the recipe for the carmel chocolate trifle...

Oh, sounds yummy! I hope someone will post it.

I did a web search and found:

Carmel Chocolate Trifle

1 package (9 oz) devil's food cake mix
2 packages (3.9 oz each) instant chocolate
pudding mix
1 carton (12oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 jar (12-14 oz) carmel ice cream topping
1 package (7-1/2 or 8 oz) English toffee bits or
almond brickle chips

Make cake as box instructs you normally in 8 inch pan( square baking pan). Cool. Prepare pudding as normally would.
Cut cake into 1-1/2 inch cubes, place half the cubes in a 3 quart glass bowl, lightly press down to fill the gaps. Top with half the whipped topping, 1/2 of the pudding,1/2 carmel topping and 1/2 toffee bits or almond chips. Repeat the lawyers from . Cover and refrigerate until served.

LL.

Source(s): http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,196,159175-251200,00.html

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE TRIFLE

3 boxes Knorr chocolate mousse
12 oz. Cool Whip
8 Skor or Heath bar candy bars
1 big batch brownies
1/2 c. Kahlua or 1 tsp. sugar mixed in 4 tbsp. strong coffee

Bake or buy brownies. Cool. Poke holes in brownies and pour Kahlua or coffee into holes. Prepare mousse according to package directions. Crush candy bars by hitting with hammer while still in wrapper. Crumble 1/2 brownies into Trifle, or large, round glass bowl. Layer:
1/2 mousse

1/2 candy, removed from wrappers

1/2 Cool Whip

Repeat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

OPTIONS: Substitute Amaretto or cherry herring for Kahlua. Layer dark bing cherries, drained or canned pie cherries with other ingredients on top of brownies

This is a GREAT on too !!!

Thanks...Let you know how it turns out tonight...

Made this for the family tonight and they all loved it..It wasn't as sweet as I expected it to be, which I loved.

Just remember, when it calls for Instant Pudding, I am thinking it is talking about already made pudding. I could not for the life of me find any pudding mix box (the stuff you make) with 3.9 oz. Didn't even think to check on the all ready made pudding. So 2 boxes of the the stuff you make is WAY TO MUCH pudding for this!!

Also need to measure things, I normally don't so I didn't have enough room in the trifle bowl to make 2 full layers of everything.

Can any one give me some ideas of what tools to use for this? And should I have the cake already made when I get there????

OH MY goodness that just make me hungry big time....

tlennhoff said:
I did a web search and found:

Carmel Chocolate Trifle

1 package (9 oz) devil's food cake mix
2 packages (3.9 oz each) instant chocolate
pudding mix
1 carton (12oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 jar (12-14 oz) carmel ice cream topping
1 package (7-1/2 or 8 oz) English toffee bits or
almond brickle chips

Make cake as box instructs you normally in 8 inch pan( square baking pan). Cool. Prepare pudding as normally would.
Cut cake into 1-1/2 inch cubes, place half the cubes in a 3 quart glass bowl, lightly press down to fill the gaps. Top with half the whipped topping, 1/2 of the pudding,1/2 carmel topping and 1/2 toffee bits or almond chips. Repeat the lawyers from . Cover and refrigerate until served.

LL.

Source(s): http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,196,159175-251200,00.html

I wonder if you could use a Caramel pudding in this instead? I don't care for chocolate pudding myself.

I don't see why not..

Okay, I am really nervous, my party if Friday evening I am still not sure how to demo this!! HELP!!

First, should I bake the cake when I get there or have the host do it before I show up?? (my dilemma, I can show more tools if I bake the cake but it won't be cooled down before I have to start cutting it up.)

naekelsey said:
Okay, I am really nervous, my party if Friday evening I am still not sure how to demo this!! HELP!!

First, should I bake the cake when I get there or have the host do it before I show up?? (my dilemma, I can show more tools if I bake the cake but it won't be cooled down before I have to start cutting it up.)

You could have the host bake a cake ahead of time that you use in the trifle. Then you demo the cake and take that one home and freeze it for the next time you need a cake.

I am doing this tomorow at a show and do not have time to try it at home; not to mention if I make it I will eat it all!!!

I am thinking I will bake the cake as soon as I get to the hosts home in my fluted pan. I have done this alot when doing the skillet cake and it works out great. The house smells awesome when the guests arrive and you can still talk about the tools you used. If you wash them quick you can pass them. (again what I have done when doing the skillet cake)

That being said any other tips for this recipe?

So, how did your show go? I figured out I could demo the whipped cream with the EAD...and I am getting to the hosts house 15 to 20 min earlier than normal..This way I can get the cake baked at the hosts house and have plenty of time to cut it up and get it cooled off. The house will smile devine and I should get the cake cooked off enough by the time it starts. But I am thinking of

OOPS, pushed enter when I wasn't finished. I am also thinking of doing deviled eggs in the Chillzanne Rect Server, show up with them...But have the eggs dyed, cut with the v shaped knife and then filled with the EAD. I love doing deviled eggs, they will look great with Easter coming up plus will have more oooohs and aaahs (and more tools to talk about!!)

I made a similar trifle at a show, and baked the cake at home and brought it to the show. I made it in the fluted pan, and showed how easily it came out of the stone. Then I cubed it using the bread knife and assembled the trifle. This was my second recipe at a show so I already had the pudding made and soft set. I basically just assembled and showed how easy it was to make a showstopping dessert with regular ingredients just by purchasing this bowl!

Here is one of Paula Deen's recipes for Chocolate Toffee Trifle -
I watched a recent episode where she made one and it looked wonderful. I just searched the site, but I think this is probably the one from that episode.

1 box chocolate cake mix (recommended: Duncan Hines)
1/2 cup coffee liqueur
2 cups fudge sauce, recipe follows, or 1 (16-ounce) jar fudge sauce
3 chocolate covered toffee candy bars, broken into pieces
1 1/2 cups heavy cream whipped and sweetened with 1/3 cup sugar

Prepare the cake according to the package directions for a 9 by 13-inch cake. Cool thoroughly.
Prick the entire top of the cake with a fork. Pour coffee liqueur over the cake and allow it to soak in. Wrap the cake with plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Slice the cake into 1-inch thick pieces.

Line the bottom of a large glass bowl with a single layer of cake. Pour 1/4 of the fudge sauce over the cake, top with 1/4 of the candy bar-bits then 1/3 of the whipped cream. Repeat layering 2 more times ending with fudge sauce and candy bits. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Cook's Note: Assemble the trifle shortly before serving or it will get soggy.

Hot Fudge Sauce:
1 (4-ounce) bar German chocolate
1/2-ounce unsweetened chocolate
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 2/3 cups evaporated milk
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
To make the sauce: Melt the German chocolate with the butter in a saucepan over very low heat. Stir in the powdered sugar, alternating with evaporated milk and blending well. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until the mixture becomes thick and creamy, about 8 minutes. Stir in the vanilla.

Well I decided to make this at home and bring it to my show 90% done. I know alot of prople are doing this with great success and it has relieved alot of my stress. I Am not worried about rushing and fumbling arround trying to get this ready to go. It looks really cool!!!

My show also does not start till 7 and I don't want to be there all night. My hubby will finally be home tonight also after being gone for work for 2 weeks so I want to get home as early as possible. I am thinking the guests will appreciate this as well. I won't be taking up their whole night either.

I will let you know how it goes...

Did my show tonight and it was a $700 party, so far. I got to the hosts house 45 early and made the cake...As soon as it was madee I cut it up and cooled the pieces off on the cooling rack....The cake was cooled enough by the time it was time to assemble. (the host made the pudding before I showed up so it would be cooled enough) It only took 2 min to assemble put played 3 games to pass the time away. ( I never usually play games but knew I needed something to fill in the space of the usual cooking time) It turned out great and had lots of feed back. 7 people at the show who just loved PC and I didn't have any "virgins"...I was worried for nothing!!

My show went well too. 10 in attendance. Sales are not quite $500. At the end I asked them how they liked the format? Said they loved it!!! Next time I will be prepared with more games to educate about the products. Best thing I got 4 bookings! One of them is a catalog show from a friend of a guest that was not even there! she wants to start her cat show today!!! The gal that was at the show will be seing her today so is bringing her all the stuff. Only thing I felt wierd about is that ths gal doing the catalog show is having a candle party and said she knew they would be wanting to buy PC too.... I did not endorse this but figured she knows her friends...

I will continue to develop this type of "no Demo" show. There were a few things I forgot to talk about.

Yay on good shows.

Related to Caramel Chocolate Trifle Recipe

What is a Carmel Chocolate Trifle?

A Carmel Chocolate Trifle is a delicious dessert made with layers of chocolate cake, caramel sauce, whipped cream, and chocolate chips. It is typically served in a clear glass bowl to showcase the layers.

How do I make a Carmel Chocolate Trifle?

To make a Carmel Chocolate Trifle, you will need to bake or buy a chocolate cake and cut it into small pieces. Then, layer the chocolate cake pieces with caramel sauce, whipped cream, and chocolate chips in a clear glass bowl. Repeat the layers until the bowl is full, ending with a layer of whipped cream on top.

Can I use a different type of cake for a Carmel Chocolate Trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for a Carmel Chocolate Trifle. Some popular options include brownies, pound cake, or angel food cake. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may vary depending on the type of cake you use.

How long can I store a Carmel Chocolate Trifle?

A Carmel Chocolate Trifle can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, it is best to serve it within 24 hours to ensure the cake and whipped cream stay fresh and the layers don't become too soggy.

Can I make a Carmel Chocolate Trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a Carmel Chocolate Trifle in advance. However, it is recommended to assemble and refrigerate it no more than 24 hours before serving to ensure the layers stay fresh and the texture is not affected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • KimberleePowell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies