• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Open P3.. Again!! Help!

In summary, the person is having trouble opening P3 again and every time they try it says opening, then it says opening tpc.ipartner. then it says closing. They also mention that it is happening to both their laptop and desktop computers recently. They ask if anyone has had this problem and Windows Vista is mentioned. The person then asks if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it. A few people provide suggestions and the person decides to try and restart their computer. They ask if anyone has any backup plans in case it doesn't work and a few people mention that they do. The person then asks if anyone knows what time HO closes and a few people say they do not know. The person asks if anyone has
ginamkiely
Ok, i'm having a problem opening P3 again... everytime i try it says opening, then it says opening tpc.ipartner. then it says closing...

then a window pops up and say error check log. anyone know why this is happening again. i can't call HO right now because i'm supposed to be in the movie theater in 10 minutes so i figured i'd leave this before i left and see what you all think when i get back.

btw what time does HO close?

tia!

I could be wrong....but i think that this is the message I had before all of my shows were erased. At the time tech support did not know why this happened

I have had it happen to both my desk top and laptop computers lately. Call tech support they should be able to send you a manual update that will fix the problem. I didn't lose any info on my systems.

Are you running Windows Vista? That could be it. I had issues like that and called tech support and they fixe it. :)

Mine's doing something weird, too. I'm going to log everything off, shut down my computer, give it a break, and then come back - maybe then it will be fixed! :) I'll let you know if it works!

I had some issues on the updates not taking right...had to go into task manager and kill the multiple instances of P3, Adobe and one service the update was using (can't remember it off the top of my head, but it was in my list 2-3 times). Let it sit for a little bit (a few minutes), open it back up and let the updates run and then it took... The last few updates (when I wait a few days to update) have been kind of cranky...

I just reopened my PC after shutting everything down, and now it took the updates and works fine. Something screwy always happens when the new updates have run the last few months for me, too, but it's usually an easy fix with shutting down/restarting.

i'm back, thanks for all the ideas.. i'm going to try opening again and maybe shutdown and restart. cross my fingers!

it says applying updates.. then closing.. now the error again. i'm going to try and restart

ok so i called home office and after being on hold for 20 minutes the guy TRIED to help me then decided he can't and he's going to have to have someone call me back in an hour.... that was almost 2 hrs ago!!! now i have no P3 and no help, i might just re-install and fix it myself, hoping i don't lose anything.

the guy did say that i'm his 4th call today about the same problem stemming from the new updates so be careful. BACK UP NOW!!! i asked if it was jut a vista problem and he said no, all operating systems.

BACK UP NOW!! better be safe than sorry.

ok so HO just called me back and they don't have an update. apparantly they got about 25 people today with this problem total, and they're looking for a fix, maybe will have one by noon tomorrow. if not i don't know how i'm going to do my show without it. i have to submit the show tomorrow because my 90 days ends thursday and i need this show for more PC$$

so frustrating!

ginamkiely said:
ok so HO just called me back and they don't have an update. apparantly they got about 25 people today with this problem total, and they're looking for a fix, maybe will have one by noon tomorrow. if not i don't know how i'm going to do my show without it. i have to submit the show tomorrow because my 90 days ends thursday and i need this show for more PC$$

so frustrating!

Ut ohhhh....they cant hold that against you when its THEIR fault though....I LOVE that the acronym is HO by the way....;)

ginamkiely said:

so frustrating!
Be sure to be on the phone and also email HO about these matters and also ask them what you are to do if it isn't fixed in time for you to submit your shows for your bonus. Be specific about the fact that you have the deadline and it is a software problem that is out of your control and that you have been told it is not only you who has this problem. Good luck! I really think they'll get you back up before your deadline at least enough to get the show in.

When I first bought my laptop, it came with windows vista and it was fine at first and then it gave me some kind of error message:confused: . I called tech support and they said I had to run P3 as Administrator and I haven't had a problem since:D

BethCooks4U said:
Be sure to be on the phone and also email HO about these matters and also ask them what you are to do if it isn't fixed in time for you to submit your shows for your bonus. Be specific about the fact that you have the deadline and it is a software problem that is out of your control and that you have been told it is not only you who has this problem. Good luck! I really think they'll get you back up before your deadline at least enough to get the show in.

thanks that's a good idea, if they can't get me back up by tomorrow they should extend my deadline for a day or so. i already have $500 in orders for this show on my program and i don't know if i can get them all back.

thanks for the advice

Carissidy said:
When I first bought my laptop, it came with windows vista and it was fine at first and then it gave me some kind of error message:confused: . I called tech support and they said I had to run P3 as Administrator and I haven't had a problem since:D

Angela, that same thing happened to me last time this happened and i've been running as Admin ever since, this is so frustrating. thanks for your advice.

Glad to see others are having trouble too. (That doesn't sound very nice but you know what I mean! :) ) I called tech support the other day...getting a big error box full of error lines. Was told that the new updates at first of August had a bug....the update to fix it had a bug...but now it should be fine. Had me uninstall P3 and install off of CC because that was "clean".

I was able to submit my show but then the trouble was back. Seems the glitch in the updates was saved to my thumbdrive so when I restored from backup...the problem is back. It's on my laptop too!

Now I have a Klone virus showing up. The only thing I've loaded to this computer (it's new to me...was completely stripped and given to me) is P3. Last computer crashed after loading P3...same problems.

Not very happy with HO right now!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Glad to see others are having trouble too. (That doesn't sound very nice but you know what I mean! :) ) I called tech support the other day...getting a big error box full of error lines. Was told that the new updates at first of August had a bug....the update to fix it had a bug...but now it should be fine. Had me uninstall P3 and install off of CC because that was "clean".

I was able to submit my show but then the trouble was back. Seems the glitch in the updates was saved to my thumbdrive so when I restored from backup...the problem is back. It's on my laptop too!

Now I have a Klone virus showing up. The only thing I've loaded to this computer (it's new to me...was completely stripped and given to me) is P3. Last computer crashed after loading P3...same problems.

Not very happy with HO right now!

i know exactly what you mean about being glad others are having problems too. of course we don't want other people to be having problems but we don't want this crazy error to be "just something we did". i'm going to call HO in a little while to see if they fixed the update yet i know they said noon but i'm impatient. i have too much on there to lose to just sit around and wait. the scary thing is that i can see this is going to happen a lot. grrrr :grumpy:

ginamkiely said:
Ok, i'm having a problem opening P3 again... everytime i try it says opening, then it says opening tpc.ipartner. then it says closing...

then a window pops up and say error check log. anyone know why this is happening again. i can't call HO right now because i'm supposed to be in the movie theater in 10 minutes so i figured i'd leave this before i left and see what you all think when i get back.

btw what time does HO close?

tia!

I was getting the same error yesterday after P3 did the automatic update. After being on hold with Tech Support for about 20 minutes (yikes - were they busy!) I asked a bunch of questions about the error... my questions in blue, tech support answers in red... HTH!!!
1. Is this something I did?
No, lots of people are having this problem
2. Any particular common thread among these "lots of people"?
We haven't identified anything as this time.
3. Can you fix it now?
Not yet. A patch is being developed and I am sending you a link that will connect to the patch when it is ready.
4. When will that be?
The analyst that is creating the patch said it will be ready tomorrow afternoon - about 3p CST [Note: this call was yesterday... so "tomorrow" means Wednesday afternoon.]
5. What do I do until then? Can I run P3?
You can try to run P3, but I doubt it will launch. However, if it does, you can run the program... just don't enter any information that you want saved. Just look up info, print reports, etc. [Note: I couldn't open P3... I just keep getting the error!]

If you are getting the error, there is not much to do for now except wait. But, do give Tech Support a call so they can track the number of people that are getting the error and email you the link to the patch. HTH!!!!

thanks katie. i appreciate the time you put into that post. i'm going to freak out if this isn't done in time for my show... :(

just called HO... they said not until TONIGHT now!! i'm trying to find out now if i can get my 90 days extended now. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was just on the phone with tech for 46 minutes! My problem is not associated with the problem that started this thread but I did ask about it. He said that anyone that opened P3 yesterday and had updates downloaded are effected. He said that you will receive an email today telling you how to take care of it. HTH :)

i'm on hold with HO again trying to find an update on the status of this fix... i'll keep you posted! i have 4 hrs to leave for my show i hope this is fixed!!

WOO HOO!!! I got it fixed. I have the link to fix the patch if anyone needs it please let me know and I will send it right out!

Thanks

Can I have it? I'm having trouble opening. With a sick 2 year old and a 5 month old, I don't have the time to be on hold with a tech support person! Thanks in advance!

There was another update for P3 today, and I have a feeling it was this patch. So, try "checking for updates" now and it should be fine. HTH!

This makes me a little scared.

It's nothing to be scared about. These types of patches to software updates happen all the time (Internet Explorer, Adobe, etc. are all ones that do this, too). A lot of times, we don't even realize they happen. It's just b/c many of us access P3 every day (and several times a day) that we notice it more. I highly recommend using P3 - it is MUCH better than PP and I love the automatic updates!!

i'm just nervous that when i'm at my show tonight i won't be able to logon. i've been opening and closing it all day

1. Why am I having trouble opening P3?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. It could be due to a technical problem with the software, a compatibility issue with your device, or an error in the installation process. It is also possible that there may be an issue with your internet connection or server.

2. What is causing the "opening, opening tpc.ipartner, closing" error message?

This error may be caused by a bug or glitch in the software, a corrupted file, or an issue with the server. It could also be caused by conflicting programs or outdated drivers.

3. Why is a window popping up and asking me to check the log for errors?

This could indicate that there is a problem with the software or a specific file. The log may provide more information about the error and help to troubleshoot the issue.

4. Can someone help me fix this issue or do I need to contact the company?

You can try troubleshooting the issue on your own by checking for updates, restarting your device, or reinstalling the software. If the problem persists, it may be best to contact the company for further assistance.

5. What time does the company's customer support close?

The customer support hours may vary depending on the company's policies and location. It is best to check their website or contact them directly for their specific hours of operation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • imcooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • riggs62