• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cant Find Crepes for Chocolate Mousse Dessert

In summary, the crepes are harder to find than the phyllo dough and the mousse recipe is more popular.
momoffour
I think its a chocolate mousse. Its the one on our theme show stand up folder.

Anyway... where would I find the crepes to make them on. I wanted to try it ahead of time and also figure out where they were so the host can find them.

I looked in the frozen food section like it said but they werent there.

Thanks!

I had trouble finding the crepes as well. So what I have done is the variation for them using the phyllo dough, (found on the opposite page in the season's best) and made 12 individual cups with the stoneware muffin pan. They turn out wonderful, and I've found that at a show, it makes the recipe go further. More people get to try the recipe! :)

My fellow consultants, my hosts, and myself have been finding them easily in the produce section of the grocery store. Hanging near the berries.

HTH,

crepesI have not had much luck finding the crepes either, but when i asked cust. svc. they found some for me! :) and i have heard they are supposed to be by the berries also. good luck!

Here we had to get a store to get them special ordered. If you ask a manager they might be able to get them in your store for you. I'm told they are not that hard to make and here they are selling for $6.99 for 20 of them which is quite expensive as all they are is thin pancakes. But when they are the only store here in the city that sells them I guess they can sell them for whatever they want. They freeze well too if you make them yourself. Ours come frozen and have taken them in and out of the freezer a few times and it does no harm to them.

I can't find them here either. I live in South Bay San Diego. I went to five different stores in different communities and no luck. I have made my own and am not happy with the turn out. I would rather do the phyllo dough and plus if you live here in SD Vons has phyllo on sale for $2.

PhylloI tried the phyllo last night with the mousse and didn't like it as well. If you can find the crepes (or make them) it's worth it. Here in Phoenix, AZ we can easily find them at Wal-Mart (of all places). No other store seems to carry them.

I found the phyllo to be too delicate and crunchy for the light fluffiness of the creamy mousse. Just my opinion. Since the guests didn't know any better they all liked it just fine.

1. Can I use any type of crepes for the chocolate mousse dessert?

No, the recipe specifically calls for "all-purpose" crepes. Using any other type of crepe may alter the texture and flavor of the dessert.

2. What if I can't find all-purpose crepes at my local grocery store?

If you are unable to find all-purpose crepes at your local grocery store, you can easily make them at home using a basic crepe recipe. You can also try checking specialty or international food stores for pre-made crepes.

3. Can I substitute the crepes with another type of pastry?

Yes, you can substitute the crepes with other types of pastries such as puff pastry or phyllo dough. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the dessert may be different from the original recipe.

4. How many crepes do I need for the chocolate mousse dessert?

This will depend on the size of your crepes and the size of your dish. The recipe calls for 12 6-inch crepes, but you may need more or less depending on your specific ingredients and dish size.

5. Can I make the crepes ahead of time for the chocolate mousse dessert?

Yes, you can make the crepes ahead of time, as they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Just make sure to let them cool completely before storing and gently reheat them before assembling the dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HJPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PCKristi
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
leftymac