• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Candy Apple Streusel Squares?!?!?

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help finding a recipe for a show they have on Wednesday. They have already searched for the recipe on multiple sources but cannot find it. The person then provides the ingredient list for the recipe and someone named Julie suggests it might be the Candy Apple Streusel Squares recipe from the Pampered Chef Season's Best Recipe Collection from Fall/Winter 2004. The original person asks if Julie could share the recipe and Julie obliges. The recipe includes steps for making the crust, filling, and topping, and serving suggestions. The conversation ends with the recipe being shared and a summary of its nutritional information.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
Ok all you Cheffers...help a gal out!
I need to find this recipe for a show this Wednesday(6-28).
I have already searched the PC site, every cookbook and Joyces......I am off to my S/B's but if ANYONE can help me, PLEASE.............

Here is the ingredient list...

1 pkg. (15oz) refrig. pie crusts 1 lemon
3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping ½ cup all-purpose flour
5-6 Granny Smith apples ¾ cup peanuts
1 cup all-purpose flour ½ cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

TIA!!!!!

Have a Pampered Day!!

season's best spring/summer '04 - candy apple dessert squares?

Julie

Thanks Julie! You got the year right...it is in the F/W 04!!!

Oh....a huge load of my shoulders!!

could you post the recipe here please? thanks

Sure!!

Candy Apple Streusel Squares
The Pampered Chef® Seasons Best Recipe Collection F/W 2004

CRUST & FILLING
1 package(1.5 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on directions
1 lemon
¾ cup caramel ice cream topping
½ cup all-purpose flour
5-6 Granny Smith Apples; peeled, cored and sliced

TOPPING
¾ cup peanuts, chopped
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping-Optional

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. For crust, unfold one crust and place in center of Stoneware Bar Pan. Unfold remaining crust and cut into four wedges. Place one wedge into each corner of pan with rounded sides toward center. Using Baker's Roller®, roll crust to seal seams;prick using pastry tool. Bake 12-14 minutes or until crust begins to brown.
2. For filling, zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 2 teaspoons zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. In large Colander Bowl, combine ice cream topping, lemon zest, juice and flour; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Peel, core, and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; cut into wedges using Apple Wedger. Add apples to caramel mixture; mix well. Spread apple mixture evenly over crust.
3. For topping, chop peanuts using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine peanuts, flour and sugar. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Add butter to batter bowl and mix until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool at least 20 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield:24 servings

Nutrients per serving:Calories 210, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3.5g, Cholesterol 10mg, Carbohydrate 30g, Protein 3g, Sodium 130mg, Fiber less then 1g

Related to Candy Apple Streusel Squares?!?!?

1. What are the ingredients for Candy Apple Streusel Squares?

The ingredients for Candy Apple Streusel Squares include apples, sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and candy melts.

2. How do I make Candy Apple Streusel Squares?

To make Candy Apple Streusel Squares, start by peeling and slicing apples. Then, mix them with sugar and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix flour and butter to create the streusel topping. Layer the apple mixture and streusel topping in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Once cooled, drizzle melted candy over the top.

3. Can I use a different type of apple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for this recipe. However, tart apples like Granny Smith work best as they balance out the sweetness of the streusel topping and candy.

4. Can I substitute the candy melts with chocolate chips?

Yes, you can substitute the candy melts with chocolate chips. Simply melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stovetop and drizzle over the cooled squares.

5. How long will Candy Apple Streusel Squares stay fresh?

Candy Apple Streusel Squares can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They may be reheated in the microwave or enjoyed cold.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • erinb
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies