• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use Tin Foil on Stoneware? Tips and Precautions

I do my symphony brownies in my foil covered square baker all the time ~ as soon as it comes out, I lift it out onto the rack to cool (makes cutting them so much easier.
ChefNic
Has anyone heard that you aren't supposed to use tin foil on/with stoneware????

Can you cover food in the oven with tin foil?

seems I've heard that it can cause the stone to break becuase the heat goes right to the foil causing hot spots.

thanks

I've heard something similar on here.

I don't know what the "rule" is but I have been using tin foil on my stones for years. Also notice when you touch tin foil (even still in the oven) its not hot enough to burn you.

I did a recipethat called for the food to be wrapped in foil packets. I used a bar pan as the way to hold them. I placed 6 room temp packets on the room temp bar pan. Put it in the oven BEFORE preheating and let the oven warm up. My oven does not use a super heat to preheat. So I figured no problem. I went to check the packets about 10 minutes after the oven as to temp. And "crunch"!!!. Stone broke. You know what I think did it, when I opened the oven the door, the cold air fromt he room swept in and cooled of the foil to fast.
So for me with my experience, NOPE don't use foil. I think it depends on the stone though. Being that they are poured, each stone is so different. The only good thing, they are warrantied and can be replaced!

Last edited:
Email your question to the test kitchen, they can give you an answer.

wadesgirl said:
Email your question to the test kitchen, they can give you an answer.

I do my symphony brownies in my foil covered square baker all the time ~ as soon as it comes out, I lift it out onto the rack to cool (makes cutting them so much easier.

I have also covered stones to make lasagna, and reheat things too.

I've never heard this either.

I have used tin foil with no problem both to cover my food and cooked on it. I do use parchment paper more to cook on but it depends on what I am cooking as to which I use.

ChefNic said:
Has anyone heard that you aren't supposed to use tin foil on/with stoneware????

Can you cover food in the oven with tin foil?

seems I've heard that it can cause the stone to break becuase the heat goes right to the foil causing hot spots.

thanks

I use tin foil to cover when I am baking in the oven if the peice doesn't ahve a lid to go with it.

Just baked a cassarole in the Rect. baker and covered it with tin foil, it was fine...never baked on tin foil on a stone though...

its_me_susan said:

Why don't you use parchment?

What is the purpose of using tin foil with stoneware?

Tin foil is often used with stoneware to prevent food from sticking to the surface of the stoneware. It also helps to make clean-up easier and protects the stoneware from stains and scratches.

Do I need to grease my stoneware before using tin foil?

It is not necessary to grease your stoneware before using tin foil. The foil will create a barrier between the food and the stoneware, preventing sticking and making clean-up easier.

Can I use tin foil with any type of stoneware?

Tin foil can be used with most types of stoneware, but it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions first. Some stoneware may not be suitable for use with tin foil due to the potential for heat and moisture build-up.

How do I properly wrap food in tin foil for stoneware?

To wrap food in tin foil for stoneware, first tear off a piece of foil that is large enough to cover the food and extend over the edges of the stoneware. Place the food in the center of the foil and fold the edges of the foil over the food, creating a sealed packet. Place the packet on the stoneware and bake as directed.

Can I reuse tin foil with stoneware?

It is not recommended to reuse tin foil with stoneware as it may become damaged or torn during use. It is best to use a new piece of foil each time for optimal results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
dragonflyz
Replies
Views
Mystik
  • missymssy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies