• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Halve the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares Recipe for Smaller Portions?

In summary, the ingredients needed to make Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares are 6 slices of bread, 6 slices of deli ham, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 4 eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. You can use any type of bread for this recipe and adjust the baking time accordingly. You can use either deli ham or leftover ham, just make sure to chop the leftover ham into small pieces. These brunch squares can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. They can be served as a standalone dish or with a side salad, fruit, or breakfast
chefmelody
I'm going to try making this on Saturday, but I'm afraid the full recipe will be too much for just DH and me... even leftovers! Has anyone tried halving the recipe and baking it in the medium bar pan? I'd think it would work, but I'm not sure how much to cut the baking time down.

time to bakenormally when you cut a recipe in half you still would bake the same time, maybe a little less just keep an eye on how it is looking, and how you think it should look. That is what my experience as a chef is telling me. hope that helps

I actually had to bake it longer than the recipe said. I made the whole recipe, and had it for leftovers because my family prefers the omelet roll and they just kinda nibbled on it. It reheated ok,

Related to Can You Halve the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares Recipe for Smaller Portions?

What are the ingredients needed to make Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares?

The ingredients needed to make Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares are 6 slices of bread, 6 slices of deli ham, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 4 eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.

Can I use a different type of bread for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for this recipe, such as whole wheat, sourdough, or gluten-free bread. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly if using a thicker or denser bread.

Do I have to use deli ham or can I use leftover ham from a holiday meal?

You can use either deli ham or leftover ham for this recipe. If using leftover ham, make sure to chop it into small pieces before adding it to the dish.

Can I make these brunch squares ahead of time?

Yes, these brunch squares can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover the dish with plastic wrap before refrigerating.

What can I serve with these Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares?

These brunch squares can be served as a standalone dish or with a side salad for a more complete meal. They can also be served with fruit or breakfast potatoes for a well-rounded brunch spread.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • sarahsellcm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies