• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Believe I Asked My Hosts To Wash My Dishes?

I have to clean them! And, ask her to set this all up, take it down, load it back in, etc. Your hosts should definitely be prepared to take down and put back up the party decor, set the table, and generally help out with general preparations for the show. Having someone to help out with these tasks would be a great benefit!
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Sorry, couldn't resist a parody today...one of those days...didn't get anywhere on time...kids being royal pains and not listening...yikes!

So here is my insensitive idea for hosts:

1. Ask them to wash your dishes for you. :D

Ask them to have supper ready for you when you get to their house for the show!

3. Ask them to go and get my 3 heavy bags/bins out of my car, then take it to the local car wash to get it detailed, washed and waxed, and don't come back until they have at least 5 outside orders at a minimum of $50.00 each.

Janet, I misread your insensitive host ideas and kept looking at it thinking: "she spelled incentives wrong", and then I was like, a host washing my dishes wouldn't be an incentive... yeah apparently I'm WAY slow today and should not be allowed near impressionable people, small children, and tiny forest critters, or alcohol.

(edited to add the #3)

Last edited:
4. Ask her to total all the orders while you take a plate of food for yourself.... heck, while she is at it... she could upsell as well, maybe even offer the opportunity !!

edited to add the number 4.

Last edited:
Kitchen Diva said:
3. Ask them to go and get my 3 heavy bags/bins out of my car, then take it to the local car wash to get it detailed, washed and waxed, and don't come back until they have at least 5 outside orders at a minimum of $50.00 each.

Janet, I misread your insensitive host ideas and kept looking at it thinking: "she spelled incentives wrong", and then I was like, a host washing my dishes wouldn't be an incentive... yeah apparently I'm WAY slow today and should not be allowed near impressionable people, small children, and tiny forest critters, or alcohol.
(edited to add the #3)

:D Tee-hee...welcome to parodies around here!

1. Ask them to wash your dishes for you.

Your hosts don't do your dishes? :O My first show, the host washed mine and when I told her she didn't need to, she told me every party she'd had, she'd done the dishes for the Consultant. I need to let her host coach for me. My sister sat and ate while I washed mine and hers! lol

I don't like it when my hosts wash my dishes. They never really seem to clean them correctly or efficiently and I end up washing them again at home anyway.

I don't mind if they wash them so nothing is stuck on there but I run them through the dishwasher when I get home anyway. Just makes one less step for me having to rinse or scrub them first. Alot of my stuff is used daily so it comes out of the dishwasher then goes right back in a little while later. One thing about it, I don't have to look for storage places for it. lol

My last host washed my dishes for me. I was shocked & pleased, and told her so.

I've had several hosts wash the dishes (without being asked). I had one show where I was running late (due to the host) and didn't have the dished washed before the start of my show - I love no demo shows. So I politely asked if she could help me out by washing the stuff real quick. She said she was glad to help!

Tell your host that it's been a really long day, and ask her to rub your feet. I mean, couldn't you use a good foot massage after a show? ;)

Ooh...Rae...that's a good one! :)

Ask your host to do better in her sales. No reason she shouldn't have a $1000 party, 5 bookings and want to sign up under you.

And, ask her to set this all up, take it down, load it back in, etc.

I :love: the foot rub. Just make sure your feet are extra stinky that night!!!

My DS and The Furry Guy went together this year to get me a foot massager with heat. It's wonderful. Of course, it doesn't beat a real foot rub. I may need to add a new item to my list of host requirements. :)

Ask the host to send a driver to pick you up.

and have her husband babysit your kids

I have had a few hosts prepare elaborate meals for "after" the shows, love that.. should be a requirement. Especially if it's pain in the butt stuff that I hate to prepare but love to eat like Chiles Rellenos! :) One of my hosts made about 30 of them!

RebelChef said:
Your hosts don't do your dishes?

No, they don't for a couple reasons:
1) I want them to enoy their guests and have FUN.
2) I don't want "potential" hosts think they have to do my dishes.
3) PLUS, then I can't tell my story about how my family helps me with my business...DD does the stamping/stickers, DS packs/loads my gear, and DH does my dishes..."no help? No vacations for them!"

Kitchen2u said:
No, they don't for a couple reasons:
1) I want them to enoy their guests and have FUN.
2) I don't want "potential" hosts think they have to do my dishes.
3) PLUS, then I can't tell my story about how my family helps me with my business...DD does the stamping/stickers, DS packs/loads my gear, and DH does my dishes..."no help? No vacations for them!"
When I earn a vacation I'll start using that!

Related to Can You Believe I Asked My Hosts To Wash My Dishes?

1. What are some insensitive ideas for hosts to avoid when hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Some insensitive ideas for hosts to avoid when hosting a Pampered Chef party include making jokes or comments about someone's weight, appearance, or personal choices. It is also important to avoid making assumptions about someone's dietary restrictions or preferences.

2. Is it appropriate to serve alcohol at a Pampered Chef party?

It is up to the discretion of the host to serve alcohol at a Pampered Chef party. However, it is important to remember to offer non-alcoholic options and to drink responsibly. Avoid pressuring guests to drink or making anyone feel uncomfortable for choosing not to drink.

3. Can I invite guests who are not interested in purchasing Pampered Chef products?

Of course! Pampered Chef parties are a great opportunity for friends and family to gather and socialize. It is not necessary for guests to make a purchase, but they may discover products they love and choose to support the host.

4. Should I provide snacks or refreshments for guests at my Pampered Chef party?

While it is not required, it is a thoughtful gesture to provide some light snacks or refreshments for guests. This can enhance the overall experience and make guests feel more comfortable and welcomed.

5. Are there any topics that should be avoided during a Pampered Chef party?

It is best to avoid discussing controversial or sensitive topics during a Pampered Chef party. This includes politics, religion, and personal issues. The focus should be on enjoying each other's company and learning about Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies