• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can We Be Consultants for More Than Just Pampered Chef?

In summary, Karen is an expert summarizer of content. She provides a summary of the conversation, which starts with In summary, Karen was not sure where to put this but she was wondering what are the guidelines for being apart of another DS company. Karen commented on a post for K & K Designs and ended up winning the kit. She is a TL with PC but would love to promote and go higher with PC. Karen doesn't want to break rules so if someone could please give her some advice, that would be great!. Karen contacted John, an expert with PC, and asked for advice on whether she could continue to promote her new company while also selling PC.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I wasn't sure where to put this but I was wondering what are the guidelines for being apart of another DS company. I commented on a post for K & K Designs and ended up winning the kit. It's a lot like UpperCase Living....

I am a TL with PC but would love to promote and go higher with PC. I don't want to break rules so if someone could please give me some advice, that would be great!

Thanks,
Karen

The Consultant policy does tell you, but I believe YES you can. You just cannot promote both companies at an event. I would look at the consultant guide for specifics.

I have read through the policy guide twice now and didn't find anything!

I do recall that one director - a very prominent director - was told HE had to leave the company because he promoted his new company on a bus to and from McCormick Place during National Conference. There, I believe, is only conflict if you are a director or above. Do not quote me on that as I looked at the Policies but did not find anything there. If you like PC and want to continue with PC, check with HO before beginning any new venture to make very sure that there is not a conflict of interest there. I would hate for you to find out that you goofed by being asked to leave PC. Remember that the only stupid question, is the one not asked.

I haven't looked in a long time but it use to say that you cannot be another consultant if you were a director or above. I'm betting that's still in place.Now for me, it doesn't matter, I have enough to keep track of with PC, there is now way I could ever do more than one direct sales business!! But I know plenty of people who do.

You can sell for more than one company, but as was stated not at the same show. The Director agreement states that you can only sell PC so once you promote to Director, then you have to give up the other one. I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong on this one, but I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm right.

Others on here sell for more than one company. I have people on my team who do more than PC. One is their primary, ie. the one they promote on FB and actively work. The other is their hobby/get a discount/collect orders occassionally gig. Unfortunately for me, PC is their secondary DS job. Most people cannot build and promote both companies successfully at the same time.

We had several ladies in the same downline as me who were doing two DS companies and were spread so thin that they ended up giving up both because they never saw a good return on either. So make very sure you know what you are doing if you too decide to do two. You know that focus is the main stay of a great seller. You can not focus on two things like this. Not only that, one lady commented that she would get on the phone for bookings and sometimes forget which company she was calling about!

I called HO - we can sell for another company until we hit Director. After that, you have to make a decision: PC or other.We cannot mention the other DS at PC shows and can only represent one or the other at trade shows. Oh and we cannot mention the other DS company at meetings as well.That is what I was told - may give it a shot for a month or two but still on the fence.Karen

All the more power to you Karen! Good luck to you in your venture!

Thanks John!

I think I might try it for a party or two ~ heck, if I earn enough to pay an iPad, even better! :love:

Karen

The info about that is actually in the consultant agreement that we sign at the beginning (it's posted on the website somewhere as well).“10. I will demonstrate or sell only Company products at Cooking Shows. I will not demonstrate or sell any other products, including any products made personally by me, as part of my Pampered Chef business, at any Cooking Show or at a Company-sponsored event or meeting.”I had the misfortune of signing up a Home Office lead, and neglecting to ask her about whether she's ever done anything with Direct Sales before. Turns out she sells for about 5-6 other companies! The really bad thing was that I gave her a show in her area (3 hours away from me), and she turned that into a combo PC/other party (which I found out when I contacted the host - who had been a Home Office lead for me as well). When I told her what the rule was I didn't get a great response... so I'll just have to let this one go.My learning from this is to always ask about other DS involvement, and to make sure to mention that requirement upon signing up.

1. Can I be a consultant for multiple companies while also working with Pampered Chef?

Yes, as long as there is no conflict of interest and you are able to fulfill the requirements and responsibilities of both companies.

2. Will being a consultant for more than one company affect my commission or benefits with Pampered Chef?

No, your commission and benefits with Pampered Chef will not be affected as long as you meet the minimum requirements for both companies.

3. Are there any restrictions on the types of companies I can be a consultant for while working with Pampered Chef?

Yes, some companies may have non-compete clauses or conflict with Pampered Chef's products or values. It is always best to check with your Pampered Chef consultant agreement or reach out to your Pampered Chef leader for guidance.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef products or business to promote other companies or products?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are expected to promote and sell only Pampered Chef products. Using your Pampered Chef business to sell or promote other companies or products is a violation of the consultant agreement and may result in termination.

5. What are the benefits of being a consultant for multiple companies?

Being a consultant for multiple companies allows you to diversify your income and expand your network. It also allows you to offer a wider range of products and services to your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Tammie Allen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies