• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can We Afford the Blackberry Pearl? Questions and Considerations

In summary, if you have a Blackberry Pearl and are thinking about upgrading, it is definitely worth the money to get the email and web browsing capabilities. You don't need to get unlimited texting, but if your DH is getting texts it might be worth your money.
tvwalsh72
My cell was run over last week and we don't have the insurance. Our plan is up and the Blackberry Pearl is free with a rebate.

I was wondering if we should get it. I have some questions tho:

1. Is is worth the extra money we'll have to pay to get the email and web browsing?

2. Do we need to get unlimited texting if we have the e-mail capabilities? We don't have texting now but DH is a coach and his girls text him all the time.

3. Right now we have a 1000 minute plan but I was thinking of cutting back to the 550 plan. I was thinking if DH and I can text or e-mail each other we won't use as many minutes.

4. How much web browsing can you actually do? I usually check my e-mail, facebook, the big tent, my bank statements, my business website on a regular basis.

This is a big step for us in the gadget sense. We would not even have considered it but since my phone was crushed and the Blackberry is free we started talking about it. It would raise our bill by about $50 a month and so we'll have to cut back somewhere else. Is it worth it?

I love my pearl, my husband and I both have one. The added expense is subjective as to whether it is worth it. I only pay for a 10MB/month plan since I do not really surf the internet on it and email does not use much. You are not required to get a text message plan but if your DH is getting texts it might be worth your money. It is still a small screen so surfing the internet can be frustrating but to check bank statements/facebook it would be fine.HTH

tvwalsh72 said:
3. Right now we have a 1000 minute plan but I was thinking of cutting back to the 550 plan. I was thinking if DH and I can text or e-mail each other we won't use as many minutes.

On most plans, talking to someone with the same company (ie Alltel) or to someone on your plan is free. If that's the case with your company, then it doesn't matter if you and DH talk for 20 hours each month.

Just something to think about. I don't have the Blackberry Pearl, so I can't weigh in on that.

I do not have the pearl but do have a PDA phone (Samsung BlackJack2)
You will love the outlook features! I am so much better organized with my calander and activities! As for the web. I dropped it beacuse it was not worth the expense since I do not travel much. Love the Bluetooth feature since I have it on my laptop and printer. As for the rest you will need to evaluate what you are using and what you think you will use.

PS where in NH are you? I grew up in Portsmouth and my folks live in Rochester.

I have the Blackberry Pearl and love it. But I don't use the web browser on it. So we pay the same monthly fee as before.

ettelaup - I live way up north by Mt. Washington. I'm about two and a half hours away from Portsmouth. My DH spent the weekend in the sea coast tho!

also I called US Cell and they said that my plan isn't up until July 09, which I think is wrong I think it was July 08. But ANYWAY - I told them I was interested in the Pearl and they told me I would have to pay full price. I would think if I was going to give them an additional $50 a month for DH and I that they'd jump on the chance.

If your plan was up in July of 08, then I think you may have been automatically signed up for another year.

I have the curve and LOVE it! It was my first handheld or whatever they are called so it is taking a while to get used to all the features, ect. But it is great to have everything at hand! My plan includes unlimited web browsing and I think it is worth it. When I'm waiting in lines ect. and don't have a book I can check my email or myspace.

1. Can we afford the Blackberry Pearl?

The affordability of the Blackberry Pearl depends on your budget and financial goals. It is important to first consider your monthly expenses and determine if you have room in your budget for the cost of the phone and any additional fees, such as a data plan.

2. How much does the Blackberry Pearl cost?

The cost of the Blackberry Pearl can vary depending on the model and any promotions or discounts available. It is best to check with your consultant or on the Pampered Chef website for current pricing.

3. Are there any hidden fees associated with the Blackberry Pearl?

In addition to the cost of the phone, there may be additional fees for a data plan, activation, or early termination. It is important to carefully read the terms and conditions and ask your consultant for clarification on any potential fees.

4. Is the Blackberry Pearl a good investment?

The Blackberry Pearl can be a good investment if you heavily rely on your phone for work or personal use, and if you have the budget to support the cost. It offers a variety of features and capabilities that can improve productivity and communication.

5. What are some alternatives to the Blackberry Pearl?

If the Blackberry Pearl is out of your budget or you are looking for other options, there are several alternative smartphones on the market. Some popular alternatives include iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and Google Pixel. It is important to research and compare different options to find the best fit for your needs and budget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kodeysmom
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies