• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the Strainer (Fine Mesh #2606) be Used for Deep Frying?

In summary, the fine mesh strainer is a versatile kitchen tool used for separating small particles from liquids. It has a diameter of 6 inches and a depth of 3 inches, making it suitable for various tasks. It is also dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for better maintenance. The strainer is heat resistant and can be used with both hot and cold liquids, but caution should be taken when working with hot liquids. It is made of durable stainless steel with a heat-resistant silicone handle for a comfortable grip.
wickednoodle
Does anyone know if this can be used to pull foods from a deep fryer?

THANKS!!

I think that's a question for the test kitchens. What temperature does it say the item is safe to in the use and care? What temperature is the oil?

You could also ask about the skimmer, it may fit easier into what ever pan you are frying in. I would still ask about the heat/oil resistance of the material.

ETA, (although it reminds me of Estimated Time of Arrival every time I see it!) DH uses the chef's tongs when he fries. That's usually fish, shrimp or chicken. Probably wouldn't work very well for french fries or other things like that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually asking on behalf of a customer who is specifically interested in the piece. I don't have time to call the Test Kitchen (who seem to take their time in calling back, and a few times not at all) so I thought perhaps someone had this info from using it personally.

Thanks for the help, though!

Look at the PIG on CC, it may list the tempurature resistance of the plastic.

wadesgirl said:
Look at the PIG on CC, it may list the tempurature resistance of the plastic.

I checked there first and it doesn't indicate anything regarding temperature, etc.

Related to Can the Strainer (Fine Mesh #2606) be Used for Deep Frying?

What is the purpose of the fine mesh strainer?

The fine mesh strainer is used to separate small particles from liquids, making it perfect for tasks such as straining sauces, sifting flour, or removing seeds from fruits.

What is the size of the fine mesh strainer?

The fine mesh strainer has a diameter of 6 inches and a depth of 3 inches, making it suitable for most kitchen tasks.

Is the fine mesh strainer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the fine mesh strainer is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to hand wash it for better maintenance and longevity.

Can the fine mesh strainer be used for hot liquids?

Yes, the fine mesh strainer is heat resistant and can be used with both hot and cold liquids. However, it is important to handle it with caution when working with hot liquids.

What materials is the fine mesh strainer made of?

The fine mesh strainer is made of stainless steel, making it durable and rust-resistant. The handle is made of heat-resistant silicone for a comfortable grip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeQ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Energizermom