• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Strainer--Not Just for Cans!

In summary, a Can Strainer is a specialized kitchen tool that is designed for straining canned goods. It has a unique shape that fits over most standard cans, making it easier to drain and rinse them without losing any contents. It is also versatile and can be used for non-canned items, is dishwasher safe, and can handle hot liquids.
AmyDare
I was at a friend's house, and saw our can strainer in her sink. I said, "Oh, I didn't know you had the can strainer! Isn't it great?"
She said, "That's not a can strainer. It's a drain strainer for the kitchen drain, so I don't put my silverware down the disposal."
Sure enough...the can strainer ALSO fits kitchen drains!!
Who'da thunk it?

AmyD

Awesome idea! You have no idea how many utensils I"ve lost in the great abyss of the disposal...:thumbup:

LOL, that's funny! I give her two thumbs up for figuring out that one! :thumbup::thumbup:

That's a great idea! I know we have to be careful about losing "little forks/spoons/medicine droppers" down out disposal side!

never would've thought of that!

I couldn't believe it fit the sink! She didn't realize we sold it as a can strainer! Wherever she bought it (and it's identical to ours) sold it as a sink strainer! Gotta love multi-function items!
Amy

I've done that for years. When we had the HWC pink one, I would take it to shows to talk about HWC. I would talk about the uses as I was using it. I would joke that they didn't have to worry, I only used my white one in the sink.

: Hi there! I couldn't agree more - our can strainer is truly a versatile tool in the kitchen. Not only does it make draining cans a breeze, but it can also help prevent silverware from going down the drain. I love finding new uses for our products, and it looks like you and your friend have discovered a great one. Thanks for sharing! Happy cooking!

What is a Can Strainer and how is it different from a regular strainer?

A Can Strainer is a kitchen tool designed specifically for straining canned goods. It has a unique shape that fits perfectly over most standard canned goods, making it easier to drain and rinse them without losing any of the contents. Unlike a regular strainer, it is also heat-resistant and can be used to steam vegetables or strain pasta directly from the pot.

Can I use the Can Strainer for non-canned items?

Yes, the Can Strainer can also be used for other kitchen tasks such as draining and rinsing fruits and vegetables, straining sauces and broths, and even sifting dry ingredients like flour and powdered sugar.

Is the Can Strainer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Can Strainer is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. It is also made of durable and BPA-free material that is safe for food contact.

Will the Can Strainer fit all sizes of canned goods?

The Can Strainer is designed to fit most standard sizes of canned goods, including 8, 12, and 16-ounce cans. It may not fit larger or irregularly shaped cans, but it can still be used as a regular strainer for those items.

Can I use the Can Strainer for hot liquids?

Yes, the Can Strainer is heat-resistant and can be used for straining hot liquids like soups and broths. However, be sure to use caution and handle the strainer carefully to avoid burns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferknapp
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • christy_c
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ParishKitchen
  • confusedturtle