• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Strainer: A Sweet Substitute For Flour/Sugar Shaker

In summary, the can strainer is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used as a substitute for a flour or sugar shaker. It is easy to use with a fine mesh screen that evenly distributes dry ingredients without clumping. The can strainer can also be used for other ingredients such as cocoa powder and spices, but may not be suitable for larger or coarser ingredients. It is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and is designed to be durable, but should be handled with care.
keynibear
A while back, I couldn't find my flour sugar shaker, and I needed it for a recipe. So I thought about it, and the can strainer worked well to "sprinkle" the powdered sugar on the recipe.

So next time you are in a bind, or if you don't yet own the flour/sugar shaker, the can strainer is a great substitute.

Thanks for the tip! It's always great to hear different or duplicate uses for our products.

Just fill it with the powdered sugar and gently tap it over your dish to create a light dusting. It works especially well for desserts like cakes, cookies, and pastries. Not only is it a convenient substitute, but it also saves you from having to purchase another kitchen tool. Plus, the holes in the can strainer are usually smaller than those in a flour/sugar shaker, so you can control the amount of powdered sugar more easily. So next time you're in need of a flour/sugar shaker, remember this handy tip and use your can strainer instead. Happy baking!

1. Can the can strainer be used as a substitute for a flour or sugar shaker?

Yes, the can strainer can be used as a substitute for a flour or sugar shaker. It has a fine mesh screen that allows for easy sifting of flour or sugar, making it a convenient alternative to traditional shakers.

2. Is the can strainer easy to use?

Absolutely! The can strainer is designed for ease of use. Simply open the lid, pour in the desired amount of flour or sugar, and shake the strainer over your dish or measuring cup. The fine mesh screen will evenly distribute the flour or sugar without clumping.

3. Can the can strainer be used for other ingredients besides flour and sugar?

While the can strainer is primarily designed for flour and sugar, it can also be used for other dry ingredients such as cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and even spices. However, it may not be suitable for larger or coarser ingredients.

4. How do I clean the can strainer?

The can strainer is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, if you prefer to hand wash it, simply rinse it with warm water and mild soap and let it air dry. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing too hard to prevent damaging the mesh screen.

5. Is the can strainer durable?

Yes, the can strainer is made of high-quality materials and is designed to be durable and long-lasting. However, like any kitchen tool, it should be handled with care to ensure its longevity. Avoid dropping or banging the strainer against hard surfaces.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinNC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jestframes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pchefinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies