• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Stoneware Survive Smoke Damage?

In summary, stoneware can be damaged by smoke due to its porous nature. To remove smoke damage, soak the dish in a mixture of warm water and baking soda, then scrub with a mixture of vinegar and water. It is generally safe to use damaged stoneware, but if the damage is severe, it may be best to replace it. To prevent smoke damage, store stoneware in airtight containers or wrap it tightly before cooking. To minimize damage while cooking, preheat the dish and avoid high heat.
clshirk
I have a friend who's house just had a bad case of smoke damage and the insurance company is paying for things to get replaced. She is going to get a load of PC stuff using them to replace damaged other stuff, but she wasn't sure if the stoneware would be salvageable or would it hold the smoke smell. She doesn't notice an obvious smell, but I'm sure it's hard to tell when the entire house smells that way. Anyone know if she should just toss and get new ones or if they'll be fine? They look perfect- no cracks or anything.

There's more to smoke than just the smell. There are nasty particulates. I sure wouldn't want to eat them. So I recommend trashing them.

True- I'll pass that along.

1. Can stoneware be damaged by smoke?

Yes, stoneware can be damaged by smoke. The porous nature of stoneware makes it susceptible to absorbing smoke, which can leave behind a lingering smell and discoloration.

2. How can I remove smoke damage from my stoneware?

To remove smoke damage from stoneware, start by soaking the dish in a mixture of warm water and baking soda for at least 30 minutes. Then, scrub the dish with a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Rinse thoroughly and repeat if necessary.

3. Is it safe to use stoneware that has been damaged by smoke?

It is generally safe to use stoneware that has been damaged by smoke, as the heat from cooking will help to eliminate any remaining odors. However, if the stoneware is severely damaged or has a strong lingering smell, it may be best to replace it.

4. Can I prevent smoke damage on my stoneware?

You can prevent smoke damage on your stoneware by storing it in airtight containers or wrapping it tightly with plastic wrap before cooking in the oven or on a grill. This will help to prevent smoke from penetrating the stoneware and causing damage.

5. How can I minimize smoke damage while cooking with stoneware?

To minimize smoke damage while cooking with stoneware, make sure to preheat the dish in the oven before adding food. This will help to prevent any sudden temperature changes that can cause the stoneware to crack or break. Also, avoid cooking with high heat, as this can also contribute to smoke damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bearydutch
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • christyh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • kcjodih