• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can P3 Run on an iMac? A Guide for Apple Users

In summary, if your husband has an Intel-based Mac running OSX 10.5 (Leopard) or newer, he can install P3 on it. Boot Camp will be necessary to run Windows within P3, but there are other software options if Windows is not available.
babywings76
Gold Member
My husband is at the store really close to buying an I Mac. Can I use P3 on it? He's going to buy the parallel desktop program.

If it's a current iMac, then yes... with some workarounds. There'll be something with the operating system called Boot Camp. Once you get the computer home (or the Genius at the Genius Bar - if he's at an Apple store and not another retailer - can make sure it's installed), install that. You'll also need to install Windows within Boot Camp. Then install P3 there. You'll have to reboot the computer to run P3, but you will be able to run it on the iMac without purchasing additional software.There is a Mac version of P3 in the works.

This question came at a good time. I just signed a recruit yesterday, and she asked if P3 would work on a Mac. Not sure what version she has. Does it need to be a certain version or higher for this P3 workaround? How do you obtain a version of Windows to install within Boot Camp? She obviously needs a way to send in orders, so I want to help take care of her. TIA for any help!!

She'll need an Intel-based Mac, running OSX 10.5 (Leopard), which comes with Boot Camp. If she doesn't have 10.5, there are other software options, like Parallels, that will work but will cost. If she doesn't have a copy of Windows to install, they can sometimes be found on eBay.

I'll check with her. Thanks for the help chefann!!

And please email the HO and ask them to come out with a Mac-based program that you don't need to run Windows for. I've emailed them about it, so hopefully if we keep asking they'll know there is a need! :)

They are working on it. When Colleen and I pestered the Tech guys about it at Leadership (Jan 08), they told us it would be at least a year before they even had a beta version for initial testing with consultants. Someone posted more recently that when they questioned Tech about it, it's much further along. Yay!! But another request will serve to let them know that a new version is needed.Of course, it might not speed up development much at all, depending on where they are at this point. A former coworker of mine used to use the analogy that, "Nine women can't have a baby in one month" to illustrate that things can't always be sped up by throwing more programmers at them. ;)

I have a MacBook Pro, and my husband installed "VirtualBox" on my system, so I can run my "Virtual Windows", just like a normal PC. But I don't have to shut down my mac and reboot into Windows...in fact, it's running right now- just as if it was a separate application like my email or Office or something. It works great. The only thing is I can't print right now. I just save any reports/receipts as PDF, and then can save that PDF onto a memory stick. Use the memory stick on my Mac-side to retrieve and print. (The file sharing between the Windows and Mac side didn't work right.) BUt that's minor. I don't need to do that very often right now.

That's essentially what I do using Parallels. I "print" all my reports from P3 as PDFs that I save in a shared folder that's on my Mac desktop. Then I print from within OSX.

I'm so glad that P3 is now compatible with Mac and I don't have to use Parallels or VM Fusion to do my work!

Yes. Just download and use the Mac version of P3 - runs like clockwork.

Wow--this thread got bumped! lol I asked this question over 2 years ago. ;)

1. Can I download the P3 software onto my iMac?

Yes, the P3 software is compatible with iMac computers. You can download it directly from our website or from the App Store.

2. Do I need any additional hardware to use P3 on my iMac?

No, P3 is a software program that can be used on any iMac without any additional hardware.

3. Is P3 compatible with the latest version of macOS?

Yes, P3 is regularly updated to ensure compatibility with the latest versions of macOS.

4. Can I transfer my P3 data from a PC to my iMac?

Yes, you can transfer your P3 data from a PC to your iMac using our data migration tool. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with this process.

5. Can I use P3 on multiple iMac computers?

Yes, P3 can be installed on multiple iMac computers as long as you have the necessary licenses. Please refer to our licensing policies for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Mark Kilby