• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use DebbieJ's Recruiting Ideas for My Hispanic Bridal/Quinceanera Fair?

In summary, DebbieJ's ideas for recruiting at her bridal fair were useful. Carol, a translator, noted that different nationalities have different words for "wedding shower" and suggested other terms that may be more appropriate in the area. Additionally, Pet peeves were shared including the incorrect use of "parking" as "estacionamiento." Catherine Pacheco Rodriguez, another translator, shared that PC uses "Fiestas para la novia consentida" for "wedding shower" while Leeks are unknown in Spanish. Finally, a recipe for a vichyssoise was provided.
pamperedchef.carol
I loved DebbieJ's ideas for recruiting at her bridal fair. Is it ok if I "borrow" them for my Hispanic brida/quinceanera fair?? Could someone please translate them for me?? My goal is to recruit some bilingual consultants!

DebbieJ wrote:
"One thing I'm going to do is use the 3-Tier Stand and the three levels will represent our three options:
1. Need money to pay for your wedding?
2. Want to fill your new cabinets with tons of PC products? (bridal shower or show)
3. Need help getting registered? (online registry/personal services)"

Thanks DebbieJ and translators!!! :D

Hola!
I will try.
"Una cosa que haré es el uso el Soporte de 3 Niveles y los tres niveles representarán nuestras tres opciones:
1. ¿Tiene la necesidad del dinero para pagar por su boda?
2. ¿Quiere llenar sus nuevos gabinetes con muchos de productos de Pampered Chef? (Chaparrón o exposición nupciales)
3. ¿Tiene la necesidad para ayuda a ser registrado? (los servicios
registro/personales en línea)"

Carol,
I don't understand the context of that first sentence. 3-tier stand? What is being said??Please note that different nationalities have different words in Spanish for "wedding shower". Most people in South Florida do not know the term "chaparron," for example. You might want to check with your local folks on what is the preferred term in your area.I wouldn't use "personales en linea" -- it doesn't sound right (reminds me of online personals!).1. ¿Necesita dinero para pagar su boda?
2. ¿Quiere llenar sus gabinetes nuevos con muchos productos de Pampered Chef?
3. ¿Necesita ayuda para iniciar su registro de regalos de boda?--I'm still double-checking some terms...but I hope what you have so far helps.Catherine Pacheco Rodriguez

I just noticed that PC uses "Fiestas para la novia consentida" for "wedding shower".

PC_CPR said:
Carol,
I don't understand the context of that first sentence. 3-tier stand? What is being said??

Please note that different nationalities have different words in Spanish for "wedding shower". Most people in South Florida do not know the term "chaparron," for example. You might want to check with your local folks on what is the preferred term in your area.

I wouldn't use "personales en linea" -- it doesn't sound right (reminds me of online personals!).

1. ¿Necesita dinero para pagar su boda?
2. ¿Quiere llenar sus gabinetes nuevos con muchos productos de Pampered Chef?
3. ¿Necesita ayuda para iniciar su registro de regalos de boda?

--I'm still double-checking some terms...but I hope what you have so far helps.

Catherine Pacheco Rodriguez

Good job! :) Sometimes the "appropriate" wording is not what is common too. People will think "huh?" even if you're using the correct words. :) A lot of people are used to the "Spanglish" that they forget the actual words!! LOL Pet peeve of mine... like Parking is Estacionamiento not parqueo. :)

You ladies are AWESOME!! We're in an agricultural area of Washington state, if that gives you an idea of the local "dialect".

pamperedchef.carol said:
You ladies are AWESOME!! We're in an agricultural area of Washington state, if that gives you an idea of the local "dialect".
Not a clue! :) I think that there is a safe "in-between," most people are not comfortable with super proper Spanish but can get turned off by the slangy (is that a word?) Spanish. The reconmendations here will be understood by anyone who speaks Spanish even if it's not the exact terms they would use.

How would you say "cooking show"???

That would be: "Demostracion de cocina"

Calling PC CPR or anyone that may know.. What are Leeks in spanish? I was reading the Leek thread and can't seem to figure out what those are.

Okay, I searched for a vichyssoise recipe in Spanish since its key ingredient are leeks. Everywhere it says "puerros" -- to use the white part of the "puerros." Does that help? If what you're asking is what are leeks so you know what they look like--Wikipedia, my friend! ;-)

I bet my mom will know too! Thanks so much for replying!

1. What is the best way to translate cooking terms from English to Spanish?

The best way to translate cooking terms from English to Spanish is to use a reputable translation tool or hire a professional translator who is familiar with both languages and has experience with culinary terminology. It is important to ensure that the translation accurately conveys the meaning and context of the original term.

2. Are there any Spanish-speaking consultants or resources available for Spanish translation?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers Spanish-speaking consultants who can assist with translation needs. Additionally, there are various online resources and translation services that specialize in Spanish translation for cooking and culinary terms.

3. Can I use online translation tools for Spanish translation?

While online translation tools can be a helpful starting point, they should not be relied on as the sole source for accurate Spanish translation. These tools may not always provide the most accurate or appropriate translations, especially for specialized terms and phrases.

4. How can I ensure the accuracy of Spanish translation for recipes?

The best way to ensure accuracy is to have a native Spanish speaker or a professional translator review the translated recipe. This will help catch any potential errors or misinterpretations and ensure that the recipe is translated correctly.

5. What should I do if I have a specific question about Spanish translation for a recipe?

If you have a specific question or concern about Spanish translation for a recipe, it is best to consult with a Spanish-speaking consultant or a professional translator. They will be able to provide a reliable and accurate translation for the specific term or phrase in question.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef.carol
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • ChefKelebel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
Replies