• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Microwave Rice Cooker for Brown Rice?

In summary, the general rule is 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice. Cook on high for 5 minutes, then reduce to medium for 15 minutes.
Chef_Anie
Does anyone have directions/recipes for cooking brown rice in the rice cooker? I'm not really sure where to look for that information.

Follow the guidelines on teh use and care card.

I did check my use and care card. The instructions I have say to refer to package directions. And it does give the "general rule" of 2 cups water to 1 cup of rice cooking for 5/15 minutes on high/med...

I'm just wondering that since brown rice usually requires you to bring to a boil and then reduce heat for 50-60 minutes, is there a quicker way to do it in the microwave, and for how long? I'm not sure if medium power for 15 minutes will do it.

Has anyone (successfully) cooked brown ricein the rice cooker?

Search our files here, there's a booklet/list of recipes for the Rice Cooker, including brown rice.

I just made some brown rice over the weekend. I don't remember the measurements but I've always added enough water to cover the rice up to 1/2 inch above the rice. In my microwave, brown rice cooks on high for 25 minutes. I let it sit for about 5 minutes covered in the cooker before serving. For white jasmine rice, 23 minutes works for me.

Here's how I do brown rice: 1 cup rice, 2.5 cups water, micro on high 10 min then half power 15 min then sit 10 min. I think. Yikes, now that I typed it I'm not sure that's right! I did melt my first rice cooker doing brown rice b/c I had to adjust the cooking time and I messed up the timing. I'm sure you have no faith now in my suggestions, but check the recipe files! :D

I haven't made brown rice in mine, but I've found that the micro rice cooker doesn't significantly reduce cooking time, it just makes it easier and less likely to boil over. A lot of that has to do with the fact that the rice just has to sit in the boiling/simmering water for xx minutes to cook. Nothing it going to change that (short of rewriting the laws of physics).So- start with times that are close to the time you cook rice on the stove, and go from there.

What is a microwave rice cooker?

A microwave rice cooker is a kitchen tool designed specifically for cooking rice in the microwave. It consists of a base, a rice basket, and a lid. The base holds the water and rice, while the rice basket sits inside and allows the rice to cook evenly.

How do I use a microwave rice cooker?

To use a microwave rice cooker, simply measure the desired amount of rice and water according to the instructions provided. Place the rice and water in the base of the cooker, cover with the lid, and microwave for the recommended amount of time. Once done, let it sit for a few minutes before fluffing the rice with a fork.

Can I cook other types of grains in a microwave rice cooker?

Yes, you can cook other grains such as quinoa, couscous, and oats in a microwave rice cooker. Just follow the same instructions as you would for cooking rice, adjusting the water and cooking time according to the specific grain.

Is a microwave rice cooker safe to use?

Yes, a microwave rice cooker is safe to use as long as you follow the instructions and use it properly. Be sure to use oven mitts when handling the cooker after microwaving as it can become hot. Also, make sure to use the correct amount of water and do not overfill the cooker.

Can I clean my microwave rice cooker in the dishwasher?

Most microwave rice cookers are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions to be sure. If not, the cooker can be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cakepampered
  • higoobs