• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Track My PWS Hits and Increase Business Through My Own Website?

In summary, Kim wants to create her own website and is not allowed to do so by her PWS agreement. She would rather design her own site from scratch.
kwilson
Not sure where this should go but here it goes...I don't have a PWS financially I can't but, I could get a web site which wouldn't cost me anything..Is this allowed please help..I want to get my business off an kicking
:(

Kim

I do not see of any way it would work b/c you would not have the capabilites to order from PC through any other website other than your own PC webisite for you to get credit for it.

jrstephens said:
I do not see of any way it would work b/c you would not have the capabilites to order from PC through any other website other than your own PC webisite for you to get credit for it.
AND it is against the agreement you signed to use any other websites.

No you are not allowed to create your "own" website nor are you allowed to advertise online at any other online forum listing you are a PC consultant, unfortnately. So for example: on myspace you cannot list TPC anywhere on it or any other online website. WE cannot even list our websites here on Chef success! That is their policy.

If you purchase a PWS through PC and utilize it, it will pay for itself very quickly.

Mine more than paid for itself in one show. I know it is alot up front.

$48 for 6 months/ or $72 for the year really isn't too much and it is worth it I think!

Thank you!!!Everyone here is so nice & very helpful..Maybe i'll look into getting my own PWS after this month..So far I have 2 shows & a fundraiser going on..

Thanks again

When you make $9 an hour and don't have a lot of profits yet, that $48 seems like a LOT but I just made the investment and I'm confident it'll pay off!Though I just have to say that I'd MUCH rather design my own site from scratch. It makes me cranky that I can't.When I'm a director, or whatever level it is that I *CAN* create my own site, you can just BET I will. :D

jenniferp417 said:
When I'm a director, or whatever level it is that I *CAN* create my own site, you can just BET I will. :D

When you can, it can only be for your team for communication and training purposes, it can't be for sales.

DebbieJ said:
When you can, it can only be for your team for communication and training purposes, it can't be for sales.

True. But it'll be Pampered Chef and it'll be MINE. :D

LOL....my full time job is a Web Coordinator for a college, and I freelance web design......I am happy to just use the PWS and be done with it! Of course there are some limitations that bug me, but I am here for simplicity!

jenniferp417 said:
Though I just have to say that I'd MUCH rather design my own site from scratch. It makes me cranky that I can't.

When I'm a director, or whatever level it is that I *CAN* create my own site, you can just BET I will. :D

Oh, I hear you on that. There are SO many things on PWS that I'd tweak if I could. I wish they'd give an option for "advanced" users to be able to play around with it a bit more.

Oh and I think it's only $42 for 6 mos. You can make that in 1-2 shows if you coach your hosts properly!

How do you get a PWS

Remember, though, when you get a PWS, you need to market it well to really make it worthwhile. I had one for a full year and got NOTHING through it, so I didn't renew it. Then later, I started it up again, but I really put some focus on marketing it, and now it is starting to pay off!

Miss Cori said:
How do you get a PWS

Go to Consultant's Corner, on the box on the right you will see a link "Personal Website Assistant", click on that and follow the instructions for signing up. I think this works. Its been about 6 months since I signed up.

Brandie said:
Remember, though, when you get a PWS, you need to market it well to really make it worthwhile. I had one for a full year and got NOTHING through it, so I didn't renew it. Then later, I started it up again, but I really put some focus on marketing it, and now it is starting to pay off!
How do you market it? It seems like we can not link to it anywhere except our emails.

Let your hosts know they can use it to send invitations and collect orders for their shows. Encourage them to do this!

Let EVERYONE at your shows know about your website.

Make your website something that people want to return to again and again by making regular content changes.

Display your website PROMINENTLY on your business cards, catalogs, etc.

My website finally started to pay for itself when I started doing invites for my hosts and putting info on how to order on all the invitations. I also tell my hosts about it when they book.
My host from last night had $450.00 in orders online before I even went to her house. I have never had anyone utilize the site so well! Her show is over $1000 right now with a few more orders to collect.

lisacb77 said:
Oh and I think it's only $42 for 6 mos. You can make that in 1-2 shows if you coach your hosts properly!

YOU ARE SO RIGHT Lisa....

$42.00 for 6 months =

$7.00 per month =

$0.23 per day

You will earn this back in no time. I can't believe how helpful it was around the holidays when I was able to tell people "Just go to my website and have your gift shipped directly to them for Christmas"... what a lifesaver...

I really like the customer connection email option as well. I use it often.

I have had mine for less than a month, and have already had two orders off of it. I know I will have a TON in May b/c I am already talking about the special HWC items that are online only! I love it! :D

I wish there was a way to see how many "hits" I get on my pws. I have one and I would like to know exactly how many people actually check it out. I encourage people to send me an email to let me know they saw the site and I have referral rewards, but I don't get very many orders on it.... maybe one a month. I guess I need to find better ways to market it. Any suggestions?

Related to Can I Track My PWS Hits and Increase Business Through My Own Website?

1. What is the difference between a PWS and owning my own website?

A PWS, or Personal Website, is a customizable webpage created and maintained by Pampered Chef, while owning your own website means you have complete control over the design and content of your webpage.

2. Can I sell Pampered Chef products on my PWS?

Yes, you can sell Pampered Chef products through your PWS. It is a convenient and easy way to share products with your customers and earn commission on sales.

3. Do I have to pay for a PWS or can I use it for free?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have access to a free PWS to use for promoting and selling products. However, you may choose to purchase your own domain name to personalize your website.

4. Can I customize my PWS to match my branding?

Yes, you can customize your PWS with your own branding and color scheme to make it unique to your business. You can also add your own photos and content to showcase your personal style.

5. Is it necessary to have a PWS if I already have my own website?

No, it is not necessary to have a PWS if you already have your own website. However, using a PWS can provide additional benefits such as access to Pampered Chef's online tools and resources, as well as the ability to easily sell products and track your sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Polliewiggle