• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I still have a successful month despite setbacks with my host coaching?

In summary, the hostess' friend wanted to host a show for her, but no one was interested. The hostess needed five shows this month to submit by a few days into December, but only four showed up. The hostess had a show for a friend this last week and it only had three guests. The hostess is still close to her first career sales goal and doesn't want to go inactive, but people on the internet say that even if they apply for a career break, they still lose all their sales and recruits. The hostess would still have the show, but recommends that the guest bring friends.
Muppetgal
Silver Member
So I had eight shows for November until I did host coaching this week. Then I was down to 6, then 5 and then today one of my friends who is supposed to be having a show for me next week called and said everyone is saying NO to her.

She has herself, her mother in law, her aunt (who loves to cook) and possibly two other people are coming if they can find babysitters. She has one friend who would love to come but has to work (so I've told her to send her the catalogue!) and everyone else has basically said that no matter when she had it they wouldn't come because they aren't interested.

I NEED to have 5 this month, because my plan was to hold over my last one to submit by a few days into December. I'm going on mat leave in December and January and don't want to go inactive, I'm nearly at my first career sales goal which of course means a 2% raise! I realise that you can ask for a career break however have also heard from people on here that even though they applied for it it didn't go through and they lost all their sales and recruits anyway. I don't want that to happen to me.

So, do you think I should just go ahead with the show even though there will be hardly anyone there and HOPE that they want to spend money? I suppose I can plead with my team for outside orders to help make it qualify. I feel so sorry for my pal, she really wants to help me but just isn't having much luck.

:(

This sucks, everytime I get a good month booked and finally feel like I'm moving forward this happens!

Last edited:
I would still have the show, because I have learned that you never know. I once had 3 people at the show and it was an $800 show, and even $200 is better than $0, and you could get some bookings, or even catalog shows to carry you over. You just never know.

Maybe You could just say bring the kids? That way you are sure to have those 2 people. Is there someone there that could watch them in another room or something?

I usually say, "it doesn't matter how many show up! We'll still have a great time!" Maybe people can bring friends.

I would still have the show for your friend because I have had a few shows that are decent off of 3 or 4 people. $300 show is better than no show! As far as the other cancelations go, did you offer them the option to do a catalog show?

Yes! Keep the show! I did a show for a friend this last week. Only 3 guests were there and I left with $230 in orders. I realize that's not a huge thing, but for 3 guests, that's a nice total. She's still collecting orders, and we should be closing tonight or in the morning.... it puts me just that much closer to a GREAT month ;)

Just tell her that you really need the show and she might be more willing to invite more or get more outside orders!

I would still do it. If anything, it's practice! Really push the outside orders.

I just had a show cancel on me today that was supposed to be next Thursday. She did reschedule for January 20, so I'm happy to have a Jan show already. But my cluster is doing a challenge this month & my goal was to have 8 shows. I had 7 for this month until that one cancelled & was going to do a mystery host myself for the 8th. Now I won't hit my show goal, which means I probably won't hit my sales goal either. At least my first show closed over $700, so I will definitely hit level 1 with the other 5 & maybe level 2. I'm hoping to get some catalog shows this month, but no bites so far.

I agree w/ GillianAsk your hostess for some of her guests phone numbers and call them yourself. With any luck you will get answering machines (LOL)!! Explain to them how important a single order will be to your host. I have tried this before and either guilted ofr convienced the guests to place orders or come to the show. I have even offered 1/2 off their S&H if they placed the order right then. It's worth a try for sales... Good Luck with your show and your new arrival...;)

DO IT!
I drove an hour to a show and there were only 3 people. They ordered quite a bit though, so it was almost $300, BUT then she got 3 BIG outside orders and my total ended up being $770, so you really never know!!
Good luck! :D

we don't really do catalogue shows in the UK, and believe it or not there is NO S&H (small enough country I guess!)

I will keep the show as long as she will...I had to sort of talk her into it. I did say that it only needed to get to £125 in sales to count for me (she harped on about how she wanted to help me, it isn't about getting stuff for free). So, goal is to have a wee practice at her house, maybe try a few new shpeels, and try to get a few outside orders to help it qualify. For now it's still on, as long as it isn't just her mil and aunty...so fingers crossed for me ladies those other two guests can come!

She's honestly invited EVERYONE she knows, including men...some aren't available but mostly her group of friends aren't interested.

Geez...it must be catching! I have had a host reschedule twice THIS MONTH! Then I go to call tomorrow's host and she "just has to cancel" because she has said yes to too many things and can't do it now. I gave her one of my Saturdays in December!!! I'm getting her guest list from her on Wednesday, so it darn well stick! The thing is, tomorrow's host scheduled this with me back in September, so she has added things to her schedule. Why do I have to suffer because she can't say no? I should be first on the list to go through with it because I WAS FIRST! Sorry, it is just frustrating to start the Sell-a-thon month with 7 shows and now I'm down to three! At least I have sent in one over $400 and have another catalog show or two to pad the sales. My only other silver lining is that when I hit $1250, I have the Director pack of products (I hit $1250 the past two months) and level one. I guess I'll start working on hitting $3000 in December!!!

Muppetgal said:
we don't really do catalogue shows in the UK, and believe it or not there is NO S&H (small enough country I guess!)

I am curious - why don't you do catalogue shows? Is it a cultural thing that people would not buy or something else?

basically PC hasn't been around long enough for people to know how good the products are...so when you hand out catalogues all people see are the prices...and they think it's too expensive.

Generally I don't have much luck with outside orders either, tend to sell corn cob nobs and butterers through outside orders and that's it. The exception is people who have been to a previous show who can't make it to the new show...they may buy a food chopper or whatever on an outside order, but overall you really only count on the people coming on the night.

well, I did my friends show and she had all of five people there, two who were old fuddy duddies from across the street, one was her MIL, one aunty and one friend who had to leave early.

The friend who left early is placing an order and is taking the catalogue into her work...but get this, filled out her draw slip as MIGHT CONSIDER joining!!

It's not enough to qualify as a show yet, but I think it will if I tag on an outside order I have and this other lady orders.

Guess the lesson here is that every show will give you something different...I may have had crappy sales with no bookings but I've got a recruit lead!!!

Oh, and I'm home in only a few hours rather than being out late!

Can I rant with you? If I come home with one more $200 cooking show, I'm going to scream! Ugh. I know I should be glad my shows are holding, but it takes a lot of these little shows to make the two car payments that I'm responsible for.

Okay, I feel a little better.

A possible recruit is great. Maybe she'll get a few orders from the workplace to helpl the show.

chefjeanine said:
Can I rant with you? If I come home with one more $200 cooking show, I'm going to scream! Ugh. I know I should be glad my shows are holding, but it takes a lot of these little shows to make the two car payments that I'm responsible for.

Okay, I feel a little better.

I am with you. It seems like more and more people aren't buying at the shows but are just showing up to get free food and socialize.

Moi aussi (me too)I have had 5 flippin' cancellations in 2 days. Some with LAME excuses, someon'es grandma died, and some with NO excuse. Hello? This is my income!! So much for my sell-a-thon.

You know what though? I am making a connection between those who cancel as those who are hesitant to book to begin with and those who book "out" (a couple months out).
Anyone else note a similar connection? It's so frustrating.

I usually overbook to compensate for this, but then once my month is "FULL" I am turning people away athat may have kept their bookings.

So now I'm laid off till the 27th. BAH--is right...

Last edited:
Actually I do have more issue with people that wait to book rather than those that book on the night. Some keep their word though, I suppose it just depends on how reliable someone is (which you can't know at the time)

Anyway, I've made my four for this month so got my first level sell-a-thon stuff, which was all I was going for. One left this month that will hopefully qualify and I can hold for two days to submit in December....and three still standing for December (which will get me sell-a-thon for that month)

Fingers crossed the next few weeks go off without any hitches!

I would do the show! I had a show with 3 people and the sales with outside orders ended up being a $500 show, plus I got 3 bookings!! One of the bookings was an $1100 show!! Go for it!!

Remember you most remain positive. I have had 2 shows reschedule this month and I showed up to a show with no guest. Two showed up 30 minutes late, ate and left. The host did not have anyoutsde orders yet either. But the reality is that it does not matter. It only takes one guest to put in $1000 order. Expect that all of your shows will be successful. Do not beg, know that your products are wonderful and know take as you get them into more customers hands they will spread the word.

Start telling yourself, outloud, that you are going to have a great month. that your business is growing, that you are meeting and exceeding your goals. It is possibe, believe.

I have four kids. 7, 6, 2 and 4 1/2 mon. I know life can be very busy. Have you concidered scheduling any, even if it is just one, shows while yur on mat leave? Up to this point my 4 1/2 mon has been to every show with me.

What is "Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!"?

"Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!" is a line of cooking and entertaining products from Pampered Chef that are designed to make meal prep and hosting easier and more enjoyable.

What types of products are included in the "Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!" line?

The "Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!" line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets, serving dishes, and entertaining accessories. Some popular items include the Mix 'N Chop, Quick Slice, and Chillzanne Platters.

Are "Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!" products only for cooking?

No, "Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!" products are not just for cooking. They are also great for entertaining and serving food. The line includes items such as platters, serving bowls, and drink accessories.

Are "Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all "Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!" products are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. We recommend placing them on the top rack of your dishwasher for best results.

Can I purchase "Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!" products in stores?

No, "Bah! for Crying Out Loud!!!" products are exclusively sold through independent Pampered Chef consultants. You can find a consultant near you by using our "find a consultant" feature on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• utopianaurora
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • sailortena
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KellyRedHead
  • StephsKitchen