• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I remove my name from unauthorized Pampered Chef links on Google?

They are the little green robots with a human head that you see on the right side of most Google search results pages.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Okay, it's a slow night here...CSI:NY rerun and I'm just playing on the computer. I just Googled "Lisa DeWees Pampered Chef". To see what popped up. THREE links to ChefSuccess are on there with posts I've made....including my consultant number.

I know we aren't supposed to have our names linked with PC on the web unless it's our authorized PC website. Is there any way we can take them off? I know that the HO is checking this kind of thing but it's not like I've intentionally posted a link somewhere.

Any suggestions?

They way *I* understand it, you can't "promote your business." I don't see anywhere where we can't be mentioned online in connect with the business... this is a consultant-only board and is thus just fine under the rules.

You posted on Chef Success only - you should be safe. If you Google any of our userids that post frequently you'll find it. You are not "advertising" here, just signing your name like you would on your e-mail.

I don't think there is any violation there... ...anyone else??? Opinions????

Since you have to join to see complete posts I think it is fine. No one would advertise on purpose on a site that you had to join to get the consultant's info...

Wow, I had not noticed that before. Interesting. I did not notice this coming up last time I did a search on my name. Now to really confuse people that search on my name - pampered chef or judaism - the only two topics I write about online.

GeorgiaPeach said:
Okay, it's a slow night here...CSI:NY rerun and I'm just playing on the computer. I just Googled "Lisa DeWees Pampered Chef". To see what popped up. THREE links to ChefSuccess are on there with posts I've made....including my consultant number.

I know we aren't supposed to have our names linked with PC on the web unless it's our authorized PC website. Is there any way we can take them off? I know that the HO is checking this kind of thing but it's not like I've intentionally posted a link somewhere.

Any suggestions?

I googled my name a couple of weeks ago too, and got the same thing. Links to Chef Success. I'm famous now!! Before I never found my name at all (or anyone with the same name).

tlennhoff said:
Wow, I had not noticed that before. Interesting. I did not notice this coming up last time I did a search on my name. Now to really confuse people that search on my name - pampered chef or judaism - the only two topics I write about online.

I googled my name and got nothing. Then I googled Chef Kearns (my Chef Success handle) and got several links to posts I had made. Oh well! Who is really going to search for Chef Kearns?

Just because you can find your name on Google doesn't mean you are advertising. You are not promoting your PWS or anything like that. You are FINE!

I think that it's kind of creepy that I type in my name and find posts that I have made here!! Don't know why but it seems to me that you should be able to see posts from here unless you are HERE.

Exactly. That's why I don't put my name on here. Or if you do you can spell it like...s u n d e y-see I know most of you don't know my name!

LOL! I didn't know your name!

The fact that your posts came up in a search just means that Google's search engine is working. They troll the entire internet compiling all the words that are on sites. That's how they know what to return when you do a search.

chefann said:
The fact that your posts came up in a search just means that Google's search engine is working. They troll the entire internet compiling all the words that are on sites. That's how they know what to return when you do a search.

Late at night/early morning hours you can actual see the search engine "crawlers" listed in the who's online here.

1. How do I remove negative information about myself when I Google my name?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to remove negative information from search results. However, you can try reaching out to the website or source where the information is coming from and politely ask them to take it down. You can also try to create positive and accurate content about yourself to push down the negative results.

2. Can I pay to have negative search results about me removed?

No, it is not possible to pay for the removal of search results. Google and other search engines have strict policies against manipulating search results for payment.

3. Why do I see different information when I Google my name from different devices?

Search results can vary based on several factors, such as your search history, location, and device. This is because search engines personalize results to provide the most relevant information to each user.

4. How can I monitor my online reputation?

You can set up Google Alerts to receive notifications whenever your name is mentioned online. You can also regularly search your name on different search engines and social media platforms to see what information is available about you.

5. Is it possible to completely erase my online presence?

No, it is not possible to completely erase your online presence. However, you can control the information that is available about you by regularly monitoring and managing your online presence. This includes being mindful of what you post on social media and regularly checking your privacy settings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Shawnna