• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Recover My Forgotten Password for CC on PP3?

but I still have them all written down!For someone who deals with computers and security...I am anal about NOT doing this nor having my passwords the same between any systems. Kind of a pain sometimes because at work I have to have a very complex password that changes quite frequently on a few systems...But for those who don't need the security...guess it is a good idea...I don't have any of the same...but I still have them all written down!Yes, I think it is a great idea to have all of your passwords written down in a safe place. Having them all in one place makes it easier to remember them, and it also makes it more difficult for someone to try and guess them
smarteez2
Gold Member
I can NOT remember my password for CC. I have tried all morning and I am drawing a blank. Total brain flatulance here!! OMG. Is there anyway to find out what it is through PP3? I feel like an idiot. I just used it last night for goodness sake!! Help before I lose my mind completely!! LOL

I thnk that you can call HO and ask them to reset it. Then, on the login screen to PP3, you can click on the box that says something about HO changing it... and make a new password there? Or, maybe they will give you a new one?

Thank you!!I called home office but i think the recording was stuck!! LOL Kept saying "Please be patient while I check the status of you shipment" ?? Anywhoo, about 5 minutes after that I heard this loud "POP" and low and behold my head finally came out of my butt and I remembered!! LOL What a strange strange morning. Thanks Jen for your help :)

If you can find your original "Welcome To TPC" letter, it will be on there. (Unless you've changed it for some reason.)

It is lucky that you remembered it because they are not available over the phone on the weekends!

Your director might have it too, or it might be a good idea to give it to her just in case this happens again!

Glad to hear that I am not the only one who has flaked and forgotten my password!!!! Now, I have it written down on a piece of paper and taped it to my PC debit card!!

Great idea for everyone......and not just for remembering your CC password, but all passwords. I have a file box with index cards and dividers A-Z. Everytime I register on a site I write the websites name, username and password down on an index card, and put in the box alphabetically. I am registered on proabably 60 plus websites and have everyone of them written down. It saves SO much time!! Ok there's my $.02

smarteez2 said:
I called home office but i think the recording was stuck!! LOL Kept saying "Please be patient while I check the status of you shipment" ?? Anywhoo, about 5 minutes after that I heard this loud "POP" and low and behold my head finally came out of my butt and I remembered!! LOL What a strange strange morning. Thanks Jen for your help :)

So, is that what we need to do to you (make a loud POP sound) so you can remember things? You had me laughing so much, my dog looked at me like I was crazy! Glad you remembered. It is funny how out of no where things come back to you! Thanks for making me smile!:D

pckelly said:
Great idea for everyone......and not just for remembering your CC password, but all passwords. I have a file box with index cards and dividers A-Z. Everytime I register on a site I write the websites name, username and password down on an index card, and put in the box alphabetically. I am registered on proabably 60 plus websites and have everyone of them written down. It saves SO much time!! Ok there's my $.02

Love your idea Kelly! I have a sheet that I save on the computer and print out on occassion that is not in alphabetical order. I really should put them in order to save me time looking them up.

pamperedharriet said:
So, is that what we need to do to you (make a loud POP sound) so you can remember things? You had me laughing so much, my dog looked at me like I was crazy! Glad you remembered. It is funny how out of no where things come back to you! Thanks for making me smile!:D

Your Welcome, glad I could brighten your day. :D :)

pckelly said:

For someone who deals with computers and security...I am anal about NOT doing this nor having my passwords the same between any systems. Kind of a pain sometimes because at work I have to have a very complex password that changes quite frequently on a few systems...

But for those who don't need the security...guess it is a good idea...

I don't have any of the same passwords. But I have to keep up with them somehow. Or I would be like alot of people who forget their passwords. How, otherwise, would you actually remember ALL those passwords?? It was just a suggestion. I don't work outside the home, so I don't use a computer at work.
Janet....are you saying Not to do this?? LOL, I guess I am confused. What other options do you suggest in remembering passwords?? (I am really wanting to know, not sounding sarcastic at all)

pckelly said:
I don't have any of the same passwords. But I have to keep up with them somehow. Or I would be like alot of people who forget their passwords. How, otherwise, would you actually remember ALL those passwords?? It was just a suggestion. I don't work outside the home, so I don't use a computer at work.
Janet....are you saying Not to do this?? LOL, I guess I am confused. What other options do you suggest in remembering passwords?? (I am really wanting to know, not sounding sarcastic at all)

Understood, sorry if I sounded confusing.

I would suggest that if you have passwords to online bank accounts, charge cards, your system, whatever, that if you do this, you DO NOT have them in the open. Lock them up in a safe or something where you can get to them if you need but no one can grab them and look.

If you work full-time at a company, NEVER write your password down. You'll have to find someway to remember it. Actually, writing it down or giving to someone is against most company policies. And...if your company has to be PCI compliant (standards for those dealing with CC #s) you absolutely cannot write them down anywhere, they have to be changed more frequently, and be more complex.

I use some similar passwords on "generic" sites, but on bank account or CC sites have other ones, and never have my system passwords match one I would use online.

...hope that helps you a little...

Also, didn't mean to sound condescending at all to your idea...it is good...you just still have to me more and more cautious nowadays...thieves, children, and others are smarter than we think... ;)

Thanks....good ideas. I don't have charge cards and I have memorized my online bank info. So I don't have that in my box, just all generic sites, and CC of course! You didn't sound condescending at all! Be blessed

gilliandanielle said:
Your director might have it too, or it might be a good idea to give it to her just in case this happens again!
Directors are not given passwords, just consultant numbers, so the only way she might have it is if you gave it to her. Glad you remembered yours!

HO is having a computer problem this morning - "system is down". I called in to check on something and the phone system is strange. I did talk with someone and she said they can't access information and well give a call back when they can access things. Ah...Monday morning!

Hmmm, I just tried to send in an order thru PP, and I couldn't - wonder if it's related to the HO problems?

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmm, I just tried to send in an order thru PP, and I couldn't - wonder if it's related to the HO problems?
??? I "updated" a product list without a problem a couple minutes ago and I was also on CC... It's probably not system-wide.

Related to Can I Recover My Forgotten Password for CC on PP3?

What is "Ok for the Life of Me......"?

"Ok for the Life of Me......" is a line of kitchen products that are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable.

What types of products are included in the "Ok for the Life of Me......" line?

The "Ok for the Life of Me......" line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets, ranging from knives and cookware to small appliances and bakeware.

Are the products in the "Ok for the Life of Me......" line high quality?

Yes, all of the products in the "Ok for the Life of Me......" line are made with high-quality materials and are designed to be durable and long-lasting.

Can I purchase "Ok for the Life of Me......" products online?

Yes, "Ok for the Life of Me......" products can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

Do "Ok for the Life of Me......" products come with a warranty?

Yes, all "Ok for the Life of Me......" products come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring that you are completely satisfied with your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • pamperedlinda