• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Delicious Steak Tostadas With Latin Flavor Without a Cookbook?

In summary, the recipe calls for beef flank steak, olive oil, crushed peppercorn and garlic rub, avocados, grape tomatoes, pitted kalamata olives, lemon, and chopped fresh parsley. The steak is grilled and then thinly sliced. The avocado mixture is then put on top of the steak and cheese is sprinkled on top.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
My host would like this recipe (or at least like to see it) and I don't have the cookbook. Does anybody have it written down?

Steak Tostadas with Avocados, Tomatoes & Olives

1.5 lbs beef flank steak
2T olive oil, divided
2T Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
2 medium avocados
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 lemon
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4t salt
12 tostadas
3/4 cup (3 oz) cotija cheese, crumbled

Prep Time: 14 minutes Total Time: 28 minutes
1. Heat Grill Pan over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Brush both sides of steak with 1T of the oil and sprinkle with rub. Place steak into pan; top with Grill Press. Cook 4 minutes. Turn; top with press. Reduce heat to medium; cook an additional 4-6 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 140 degrees for medium-rare doneness. Remove steak from pan; tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes (temperature will rise to 145 degrees).

2. Meanwhile, peel and dice avocados using Avocado Peeler. Cut tomatoes in half and coarsely chop olives using Santoku Knife. Zest lemon using Microplane Adjustable Grater to measure 1t zest. Juice lemon to measure 1T juice. combine avocados, tomatoes, olives, zest, juice, parsley, salt and remaining 1T oil in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well.

3. Thinly slice steak diagonally against the grain. Cut slices into 1-in pieces. Divide steak evenly among tostadas; top with avocado mixture and cheese.

Yield: 6 servings

Thank you so much! I have NO IDEA however, what cotija cheese is. Would feta work or would it make it taste too greek?

I never made it, nor do I know what cotija cheese is, either. Just googled it, and found a site which says parmesan or romano can be used as a substitute. Another name for cotija is anejo. I'm surprised, also, the recipe calls for parsley rather than cilantro! If you have to sub the cheese, I would use cilantro, instead. Like I said, though, I never made the recipe.

Looks like you can sub parmesean or feta.

If you're afraid that feta would be too strong, try ricotta salata which crumbles exactly like feta and has a milder (yummy) taste.

Has anyone tried this in the DCB? Do you think it might work?

I honestly would never cook steak in the microwave.

I am thinking with the amount of people we should just cut the steak smaller and use chips instead.

I would have never thought it possible to do the pork tenderloin either. I think I'll give it a try sometime. I have some venison steaks that need cookin'

1. What ingredients do I need to make Steak Tostadas with Latin Flavor?

To make Steak Tostadas with Latin Flavor, you will need:

• Flank steak
  • Tortillas
  • Black beans
  • Avocado
  • Corn
  • Red onion
  • Cilantro
  • Jalapeño
  • Lime
  • Spices (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder)

2. Can I use a different type of meat for the Steak Tostadas?

Yes, you can use chicken or shrimp instead of steak for this recipe. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. How do I cook the steak for the Tostadas?

To cook the steak for the Tostadas, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the steak for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.

4. Can I make the Tostadas ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the Tostadas right before serving. This is a great option for meal prepping or for a quick dinner.

5. What can I serve with the Steak Tostadas?

You can serve the Steak Tostadas with a side of Spanish rice, guacamole, and salsa for a complete Latin-inspired meal. Or, you can also serve them with a side of salad for a lighter option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • IAmChefJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
IAmChefJ
  • PamperedCaniac