• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event! My Husband and I Just Love

In summary, the opening ceremonies were amazing. China did a great job hiding the unfinished buildings and the smog was terrible. The performers did a great job.
Re: Olympics!!!!As if watching the Olympians in action isn't awe-inspiring enough, check out Newsweek's photo blog http://www.blog.newsweek.com/blogs/olympicpix/default.aspx

Some of the shots, especially of the gymnasts and beach volleyball ladies, show amazing conditioning and flexibility.

Check it out!

Re: Olympics!!!!I am so glad that Nastia and Shawn took Gold and Silver in the Women's All Around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Go Michael Phelps! 2 more to go!:D

Re: Olympics!!!!That was definitely a nail biting women's all around in gymnastics! I couldn't believe some of the scores we were getting compared to other girls! I am so happy we took Gold and Silver! Nastia waited fair and square 4 years, because she was 15 during the last Olympics... see what being fair and honest gets you - a better career and respect (except for the fact she goes to SMU...) :)

Re: Olympics!!!!
susanr613 said:
As if watching the Olympians in action isn't awe-inspiring enough, check out Newsweek's photo blog http://www.blog.newsweek.com/blogs/olympicpix/default.aspx

Some of the shots, especially of the gymnasts and beach volleyball ladies, show amazing conditioning and flexibility.

Check it out!

Susan, those are great. Thanks for sharing the link!

Re: Olympics!!!!YEA Nastia and Shawn! I'm a TRUE fan! I'm so happy for them! Being a former competitive gymnast and coach I so wish I was right there with them. However, could NEVER throw the skills they are doing now. WOW! Yeah, was shocked when what's her name, Chinese girl made about 5 or 6 mistakes on beam and still got a high score. What's up with that?? I do think the scoring at this olympics were quite unfair!

Re: Olympics!!!!Scoring has been a nightmare for the Americans in the gymnastics!! It seems like no matter what Shawn did last night she still got a low score. I am very happy with the Gold/Silver take though, just wish Shawn would have gotten more fairly scored on her events! Did you see Mary Lou Retton in the stands cheering for Shawn? Mary Lou grew up in the same town as my husband and about 20 minutes from me, so I've always loved her. Her parents still live there, on Mary Lou Retton Drive!!

Re: Olympics!!!!This is why The Furry Guy (who is definitely not a sports fan) prefers the objective scoring events (like swimming, volleyball, etc.) to subjective scoring events (like gymnastics). Of course, he only watches when I give him no other option. ;)

Re: Olympics!!!!It was so exciting last night!:)

Re: Olympics!!!!I cried when Nastia and Shawn got the gold and silver. They had to fight so hard for their medals. I don't understand the scoring at all. Way to go ladies!!!

cookingwithhart said:
I cried when Nastia and Shawn got the gold and silver. They had to fight so hard for their medals. I don't understand the scoring at all. Way to go ladies!!!

Ditto about the crying and scoring! I was soo happy they took the gold and silver!:D

Re: Olympics!!!!OMG, is all I can say about Michael Phelps! And Dara Torres is my HERO! 41 and she looks phenomenal, in better shape than ANY of her competitors who are like 25 years younger than her! She ROCKS!

heat123 said:
OMG, is all I can say about Michael Phelps! And Dara Torres is my HERO! 41 and she looks phenomenal, in better shape than ANY of her competitors who are like 25 years younger than her! She ROCKS!

And did you see Dara last night - mothering the other swimmers? Making sure they waited for one who had to change suits, and keeping them all calmed down while they waited. The commentators were amazed that she would be doing that instead of just focusing on her swim. I said to DH that of course she would do that, because she's a mom, and it's just her mothering instinct. She was taking care of everything! I think she is amazing.

With Michael Phelps - even after watching the slow-motion replay several times, I still can't believe he won!

Re: Olympics!!!!Dara Torres has such a great sense of sportsmanship, too. I had the games on last night, and she delayed the start of the 50 free semifinals because one of the other swimmers had to change suits (they got a rip in one). Someone with less class would have let the race go on with one less person vying for a spot in the finals.

Re: Olympics!!!!You and I were typing at the same time, Becky! :)

chefann said:
You and I were typing at the same time, Becky! :)

Too funny!

I love watching other people exercise....
1611.gif

Re: Olympics!!!!It's the weird sports that are fun. The announcers just equated one of the velodrome (track cycling) events to roller derby. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
And did you see Dara last night - mothering the other swimmers? Making sure they waited for one who had to change suits, and keeping them all calmed down while they waited. The commentators were amazed that she would be doing that instead of just focusing on her swim. I said to DH that of course she would do that, because she's a mom, and it's just her mothering instinct. She was taking care of everything! I think she is amazing.

With Michael Phelps - even after watching the slow-motion replay several times, I still can't believe he won!

OMG, I have been dvring every swimming event with Michael, and some how his last race got "stopped" in recording so we just caught the "after interview" with him. I was soo bummed to not see it, until DH rerecorded the rerun of it at 2am this morning and just watched it this morning!!!:eek: I cannot believe he won that race! That was truely unbelievable, no words can describe it!:D

And Hats off to Dara for having the sportsmanship-courtesy to tell the judge about her competitors suit delay (when others might not have done the same thing)! HERO is all I can say about her!:love:

Re: Olympics!!!!we watched a blurb the other night about how Phelps is built to be a swimmer~here are the stats I remember:
he is 6'4" tall, but has a 6'7" wingspan (probably how the touched that wall first last night!)
he has huge hands that he uses like paddles
his height is from the waist up~so he has a shorter lower body that swims like a dolphin
he has no butt (can't remember why this was good, but thought it was funny!)

Also, I found out that his mom started him in swimming because he is very ADHD and she needed a place for him to channel his energy.........guess it worked!

Re: Olympics!!!!I think the "no butt" thing is because it would cause drag. My cousin quit swimming competitively when she was in high school because she got "too busty." She didn't appreciate my observation that a large bust would give her more buoyancy.

chefmeg said:
we watched a blurb the other night about how Phelps is built to be a swimmer~here are the stats I remember:
he is 6'4" tall, but has a 6'7" wingspan (probably how the touched that wall first last night!)
he has huge hands that he uses like paddles
his height is from the waist up~so he has a shorter lower body that swims like a dolphin
he has no butt (can't remember why this was good, but thought it was funny!)

Also, I found out that his mom started him in swimming because he is very ADHD and she needed a place for him to channel his energy.........guess it worked!

One of the secondary anchors on a local station tried to compare himself to Phelps, saying that he could have been a great swimmer, too. Steve (the anchor) is 6' 3", has very large hands, and has size 13 feet (Phelps' are 14). Then he mentioned the small rear, and just made a wry face. Steve isn't the most svelte person on the air. :)

Re: Olympics!!!!I got my college alumni magazine the other day~there are about 10-12 athletes competing in various sports that went to Auburn University! Mostly swimming and track....all are competing for their home countries!

Re: Olympics!!!!Wooo hooo! He did it! What a proud moment.

Re: Olympics!!!!Amazing is all I can say! So exciting to watch~ Olympic history being made! Congrats to him! :)

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!"? </h2><p>"Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" is a phrase often used to express enthusiasm and excitement about an event or experience. It can be used in a variety of contexts, such as a sports game, a concert, or a party.</p><h2>2. Is "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" a common saying? </h2><p>Yes, "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" is a popular phrase that is commonly used to show enthusiasm and appreciation for an event or experience. It has become a common expression in casual conversations and on social media.</p><h2>3. What is the origin of "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!"? </h2><p>The origin of "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" is unclear, as it is a phrase that has evolved over time. It is believed to have originated from the phrase "Can I just say..." which is often used to express one's opinion or thoughts about something.</p><h2>4. How can I use "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" in my own conversations? </h2><p>You can use "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" in your own conversations to express your enthusiasm and excitement about an event or experience. It can also be used as a compliment or to show appreciation for something.</p><h2>5. Does Pampered Chef offer any products related to "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!"? </h2><p>Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can enhance your entertaining experience, such as serving platters, utensils, and cookware. These products can help you create a beautiful and delicious spread for your own "amazing event" with friends and family.</p>

1. What is "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!"?

"Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" is a phrase often used to express enthusiasm and excitement about an event or experience. It can be used in a variety of contexts, such as a sports game, a concert, or a party.

2. Is "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" a common saying?

Yes, "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" is a popular phrase that is commonly used to show enthusiasm and appreciation for an event or experience. It has become a common expression in casual conversations and on social media.

3. What is the origin of "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!"?

The origin of "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" is unclear, as it is a phrase that has evolved over time. It is believed to have originated from the phrase "Can I just say..." which is often used to express one's opinion or thoughts about something.

4. How can I use "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" in my own conversations?

You can use "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!" in your own conversations to express your enthusiasm and excitement about an event or experience. It can also be used as a compliment or to show appreciation for something.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer any products related to "Can I Just Say, What an Amazing Event!"?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can enhance your entertaining experience, such as serving platters, utensils, and cookware. These products can help you create a beautiful and delicious spread for your own "amazing event" with friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies