• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Off-Topic: Awesome Military Homecoming

In summary, Just had to share because I'm having an amazing adreneline (sp?) rush. My friend had her husband surprise her by coming home from deployment a day early and we ladies got together for our wives group meeting tonight. It was beautiful and made me cry.
ShelbyMichalek
Just had to share because I'm having an amazing adreneline (sp?) rush.

A great friend of mine had her husband surprise her by coming home from deployment a day early. We ladies got together for our wives group meeting tonight and he surprised her there. I knew it was going to happen so I was in anticipation the whole time. It was beautiful and made me cry and now I'm all full of energy, LOL!

For those of you that never get to experience this, it's comparable to babies being born, LOL! For those that watch the show Coming Home, it's such an amazing feeling to be there in person.

:love:

If you're interested in watching the video, you might be able to access it here Log In | Facebook

Yup, we can see it! That's so cool! Was trying to spot you in the room, is that you in front of the fireplace?

Yes ma'am. In the green shirt. :) Not one of my best looks but it was SO fun!

I bet it was fun! :D

How exciting! There are certain days that are forever etched in my memories- homecoming is one of them :)

Awww it said teh video was removed or couldn't be access due to privacy setting. But that's really awesome!!

mountainmama74 said:
Awww it said teh video was removed or couldn't be access due to privacy setting. But that's really awesome!!

Weird, I just clicked on it again & it let me back in. Maybe you have to be signed in to Facebook at the time for it to work?

I can't see it either... maybe we need to send a FB friend request?

I'm logged in Fb but I can't see it either... bummer

Shelby's the only one I know in the video. I'm not fb friends with the one who got surprised or the one who uploaded the video. Weird that some of you can't see it!

So exciting to hear about surprises! I am with loreo homecomings are in my mind as some days I will never forget and almost bring tears to my eyes thinking back at them.

How wonderfully awesome. I know they are celebrating spending time together.

I love the welcome home stuff ... even more than the chicken! You guys prompted me to go look up some "coming home" videos on my YouTube page. I found the March 2011 one, Daddy was only gone 16 days & here's the kids reaction to him coming back: YouTube - ‪Welcome Home Daddy!‬‏ (Kiera doesn't like sharing her Daddy time with her brother! LOL)I guess I never uploaded the May 2010 video where they met him in the airport after 3 or so months! That's a pretty good one too.

For all of you in the military or related to or know someone who is, please keep this organization in mind: http://www.oplove.org.

I am a volunteer photographer for them and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the homecoming sessions. The deployment sessions are bittersweet, and give me a whole other soul to worry about since I get to know my clients... but the reward of being there when they come home is pretty awesome.

There are photographers all over the country who donate their time and services to this organization and we love to do so, so please call us!

That's even cuter with all the extra's Shelby!That's pretty cool Joy! Unfortunately there's not showing to be any in 500 miles of DFW where my hubby will come in when he comes to visit the kids. :(

Really heartfelt... thank you for sharing

Yep @Joy, both of these photographers are associated with OpLove.

Anyone who couldn't see it before should be able to watch the youtube version :)

What is the "Off-Topic: Awesome Military Homecoming" event?

The "Off-Topic: Awesome Military Homecoming" event is a celebration and reunion for military service members and their families. It is a time to honor and recognize the sacrifices made by our military members and to welcome them back home.

Who can attend the "Off-Topic: Awesome Military Homecoming" event?

The event is open to anyone who wants to show their support and appreciation for our military service members and their families. It is also open to military personnel and their families who are returning home from deployment.

Is there a cost to attend the "Off-Topic: Awesome Military Homecoming" event?

No, the event is free for all attendees. It is our way of saying thank you to our military members and their families for their service and sacrifice.

Will there be food and drinks provided at the event?

Yes, there will be food and drinks available for all attendees. We want to create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for our military service members and their families to enjoy.

How can I show my support for the military at the "Off-Topic: Awesome Military Homecoming" event?

There are many ways to show your support at the event, including bringing homemade dishes or desserts to share, volunteering to help with setup or cleanup, or simply attending and showing your appreciation to the military members and their families in attendance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies