• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can HWC Bookings Help Whip Cancer?

In summary, the goals for HWC are to sell 150 items, to have at least one show during May that benefits ACS, and to find a way to have separate fundraisers for HWC and for Relay for Life.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
When I read ideas for goals for HWC Goals...are they meaning specifically shows being done as fundraisers, or just May bookings in general?

smilesarepriceless said:
When I read ideas for goals for HWC Goals...are they meaning specifically shows being done as fundraisers, or just May bookings in general?

What goals are you talking about?

My personal goal is to sell 150 HWC items so that $150 will go towards ACS. I usually do Race for Cure but don't have time to this year but still want at least an equal amount of money to go to the cause.

I have one show during May ... it's a regular show.If I do any fundraiser shows that month, I suspect they will be regular fundraisers for Relay for Life and not Help Whip Cancer.The fact that they do not let us count HWC shows as fundraisers for Relay (even though it is an ACS fundraiser) really steams me.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I have one show during May ... it's a regular show.

If I do any fundraiser shows that month, I suspect they will be regular fundraisers for Relay for Life and not Help Whip Cancer.

The fact that they do not let us count HWC shows as fundraisers for Relay (even though it is an ACS fundraiser) really steams me.

They are 2 separate campaigns. PC has been doing it this way for years - Relay For Life is not HWC, the money is earmarked for other areas within ACS, so why should PC count them?

Well, I'm new to PC in general ... I had no idea they even did something like this. And I was very pleasantly surprised, until I learned it would undermine my Relay efforts.So I stumbled upon a compromise ... I'll hold fund-raisers in May, have them benefit Relay, and push the pink products. That way both campaigns win, and more money is earmarked toward the ACS in whatever form.Just my personal take on it ... the whole reason I support the American Cancer Society is that it helps people with ALL kinds of cancer ... not just one specific site. That is what sets the ACS apart from many other organizations that fight cancer. Of all the people I've known who had cancer, almost none, if any, had breast cancer. They did, however, have cancer of the lungs, prostate, brain and lymph nodes. I want to find a cure for this ugly disease no matter where it strikes! I've heard of advances made in breast cancer research because so much money is filtered that way, but sorry, that won't help people like my aunt who died of lung cancer, my friend who died this year of sarcoma related to treatment of her Hodgkins disease, my cousin and my co-worker, who both died of brain tumors; and my co-worker and a friend who both died of prostate cancer. With doing 2 Relays in the month of May and working one weekend, I'll barely have time to DO shows in May, let alone have separate ones to benefit HWC anyway.Just my 2 cents....

Most of the breast cancer campaigns support education and early detection... maybe you don't know anyone with breast cancer because it was caught in the early form and didn't develop into something you had to hear about :p I've known a few people that has happened to.

I agree though, definitely need to find a cure. I know so many people with so many kinds :(

Related to Can HWC Bookings Help Whip Cancer?

1. How do I host a "Help Whip Cancer" party?

To host a "Help Whip Cancer" party, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest. They will help you choose a date, invite guests, and plan the event.

2. What types of donations can be made at a "Help Whip Cancer" party?

Guests can make donations at the party in the form of cash, check, or credit card. They can also purchase special "Help Whip Cancer" products, with a portion of the proceeds going towards the cause.

3. Are there any incentives for hosting a "Help Whip Cancer" party?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers special incentives for hosts of "Help Whip Cancer" parties. These can include free products, discounts, and even exclusive items only available to hosts.

4. Can I host a "Help Whip Cancer" party if I am not familiar with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, anyone can host a "Help Whip Cancer" party, even if they are not familiar with Pampered Chef products. Your consultant will provide you with all the necessary information and support to make your party a success.

5. How does hosting a "Help Whip Cancer" party help the cause?

Hosting a "Help Whip Cancer" party raises awareness and funds for breast cancer research and support. A portion of the sales made at the party will be donated to the American Cancer Society and other cancer-related organizations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jammie
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Stephanie78