• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Trifle Bowl Be Used in the Freezer and Microwave?

S
sfdavis918
I have a customer who would like to know if the Trifle Bowl can be put in the freezer and microwave. Does anyone know?

i would say yes to both. My recruit makes the trifles ahead of time, freezes them and then takes them to her long distance shows. I've tasted it and its good.

I would guess it can go in the microwave because its glass....but not sure on that one.

Have you tried the Use and Care Card?

I would say yes too, but would rather be sure.

Looked onlineI looked online to the product use and care section and it didn't say. It just said dishwasher safe, plus other things about cleaning the lid and washing before use.

I wouldn't put it in the oven but I would imagine the micro is safe. I would call HO.

Debbie :D

Since it's made just like the batter bowl I would guess that it would be fine.

My question is, why would she be putting it in the microwave????

Not all glass can go in the microwave. The Batter Bowls are tempered glass. I'm not sure the trifle bowl is.
What do they say at HO??

finley1991 said:
.....My question is, why would she be putting it in the microwave????
I'm curious about that too.....

peichef said:
Not all glass can go in the microwave. The Batter Bowls are tempered glass. I'm not sure the trifle bowl is.
What do they say at HO??

WOW! Good to know! I thought when they revealed it I remembered them saying it was the same glass as the batter bowls which I took to mean strong. Some trifle bowls are so delicate. That's why I love ours! I like that I don't have to worry about shattering if I ding it ever so slightly!

Just looked at the U&C guide... doesn't say anything except to assemble the recipe in the bowl and then put it on the pedestal. OOPS! Been doing that wrong!

Here is the reply from HO:

Hi Sarah,

The Trifle Bowl is not intended for the freezer or the microwave.

Let us know if we can help in any other way.

Thank you,
Meghan
The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens

Oh well, at least now we know.

earlier this year someone called HO about using it in the oven and was told that the Trifle Bowl was NOT tempered glass and shouldn't go in the oven. Sorry, I don't remember who it was to give credit.

Related to Can a Trifle Bowl Be Used in the Freezer and Microwave?

1. Can a trifle bowl be used in the freezer and microwave?

Yes, most trifle bowls are made of durable materials such as glass, ceramic, or plastic that can withstand freezer and microwave temperatures.

2. Is it safe to put a trifle bowl in the freezer?

As long as the trifle bowl is made of a freezer-safe material, it is safe to put it in the freezer. However, it is important to note that sudden temperature changes can cause the bowl to crack, so it is best to let it adjust to room temperature before using it again.

3. Can I use a trifle bowl to freeze liquids?

Yes, you can use a trifle bowl to freeze liquids such as soups, stocks, or sauces. Make sure to leave enough room at the top for expansion as the liquid freezes.

4. Can I put a trifle bowl in the microwave?

Yes, most trifle bowls are microwave-safe. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions or label to ensure that the bowl is indeed safe for use in the microwave.

5. How do I properly clean a trifle bowl after using it in the freezer or microwave?

To properly clean a trifle bowl used in the freezer or microwave, first let it come to room temperature. Then, wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse and dry thoroughly before using it again. Avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasive sponges as they can damage the bowl's surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Sheila
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • luvinpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies