• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Call Me but Don't Call Me Sydrome

In summary, the conversation involved a catalog show and the host trying to secure bookings. One potential customer expressed interest but was too busy at the moment. The question was whether to try again later or let it go. Suggestions were given to contact the current host and send a letter or postcard in a few months. The advice was to respect the customer's wishes and not take it personally.
barbchan
Hey ya'll,
I have a catalog show going on and the host is working hard at getting bookings for me. One lady told her that she'd like to have a show so I was given her number and told to call. I just called and the woman was almost short with me. She said she wanted to have a show in the summer but right now she's a full time mom, student, and employee and didn't have the time. I offered to call her back in a month or so and she told me to go through the woman having the catalog show!
Should I try again later or just let it go? :confused:

That's a hard one but you should almost respect her wishes. Maybe wait for a couple of months (Maybe once school lets out) and talk to your current catalog host to see if she is ready.

Otherwise when that time comes send her a letter stating you will be calling her about her catalog show. Make sure to state how "Jane" (The host the show was booked from) is looking forward to getting the special for the month at her show. Maybe put in the letter that if she isn't interested or would rather contact you she can and give your info.

I don't know what else to say, sorry.

Do what she asked....Everyone handles things differently, don't take it personal. At the same time though, don't lose the show b/c she is "indifferent", we have had similar experiences and personally we feel a show is a show! Don't be discouraged just keep her in mind and do what she asked....

Good luck.

You could also use those postcards that say if you are still interested in a show call me I am available at such and such. Send her one of those in a few months.

Hey there! Sorry to hear that the potential host was not very receptive to your call. It can be tough to balance being a full-time mom, student, and employee, so I can understand her hesitation to host a show right now. However, it's always worth it to follow up in a month or so and see if her schedule has changed. In the meantime, focus on your current catalog show and continue to get bookings through that host. Good luck!

What is "Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome"?

"Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome" is a term used to describe the feeling of wanting to socialize and connect with others, but also wanting to maintain a sense of independence and privacy. It can also refer to the struggle of wanting attention and validation from others, but also wanting to be left alone.

What are the signs and symptoms of "Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome"?

Some common signs and symptoms of "Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome" include feeling torn between wanting to be around others and wanting to be alone, feeling misunderstood or rejected by others, and struggling with balancing social interactions and personal boundaries.

How can I cope with "Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome"?

There are a few ways to cope with "Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome," such as setting clear boundaries with others, practicing self-care and self-reflection, and finding a balance between socializing and alone time. It may also be helpful to communicate openly and honestly with loved ones about your feelings and needs.

Is "Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome" a recognized medical condition?

No, "Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome" is not a recognized medical condition. It is a term used to describe a common feeling or struggle that many people experience in their relationships and social interactions.

Can "Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome" be treated?

Since it is not a medical condition, there is no specific treatment for "Call Me but Don't Call Me Syndrome." However, practicing healthy communication, self-care, and setting boundaries can help manage the symptoms and improve overall well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • Yakmama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • beepampered