• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Call Back & Receive 10% Off or Enter for a Chance to Win!

In summary, when making calls, suggest they call back and if they do, they can receive 10% off an item or they can be entered into a drawing for a free popular item.
StephsKitchen
Ok, here it goes.... when making calls... and you get no answer, suggest if they call back they can receive 10% off an item or if they call back they can be entered into a drawing for a FREE (something extra you might have) popular item - you choose, could even just be a cookbook, like 29 minutes to dinner or something. If they call back.... then obviously they are interested enough, and they don't.... well.... I wouldn't waist time calling them anymore!

Do you guys like my idea????:)

Feels like begging to me. No one is ever obligated to call us back. It is our job to call them again.

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
Feels like begging to me.

No one is every obligated to call us back. It is our job to call them again.

Debbie - I have to agree, that is the point of some of the Regional Training. This is our job. I would never call customers at work and make them call me back. Besides, even with an incentive, many are afraid or don't have time to call.

Steph - even though we disagree, keep thinking and working!!!! You are doing great thinking about your business and how to get sales.

StephsKitchen said:
Ok, here it goes.... when making calls... and you get no answer, suggest if they call back they can receive 10% off an item or if they call back they can be entered into a drawing for a FREE (something extra you might have) popular item - you choose, could even just be a cookbook, like 29 minutes to dinner or something. If they call back.... then obviously they are interested enough, and they don't.... well.... I wouldn't waist time calling them anymore!

Do you guys like my idea????:)

I just have to add, that with that you are missing opportunities. No often means "not now".

Nancy Jo Ryan was attending our Regional and she told a story about how she prejudged a recruit lead years ago - single mom, 3 young kids, hiding from abusive husband, no job, no car. The girl insisted she sign up and in 6 months was a director and now is and AD I believe.

We also raised our hands if we had been asked to join the business more than once (for me it was probably 10 times!!!!) I signed about 13 years later, and NOT in the same city or with the first person who asked. So, the point is, keep asking.

But not calling again, you are missing great opportunities in sales, bookings and potentially recruits!

I just signed a gal yesterday that I first met in May of 2007. So finally a year later, she is now a consultant and had four shows on her calendar before she signed, so she is sure to qualify. If I had given up on her, I would have missed 4000 points!!!!!!!!! Not to mention a great team member.In fact, another recruit I signed earlier this year was someone I'd also been contacting for almost two years. Last September, I had a $2700 show with someone I'd been calling for 9 months.Just because someone doesn't call you back doesn't mean they're not interested.Keep calling!

I met my director 3 years before I signed. She was the consultant for my show and told me I should 'do this'. I emphatically said 'No Way, I am absolutely not doing THAT!' Well, she kept me on her email list and we kept in contact with each other and emailed each other on our birthday every year (we share the same birthday). Then 2 1/2 years ago I decided to give PC a try (well DH decided I needed a pt job to help out). I had actually thought about PC over the years and thought it would be nice to get all the products at a discount. Well, here I am, making a great paycheck, I own almost everything in the catalog, I'm almost a director, and I love this company more and more everyday.

So, to make a long story even longer - never give up and don't stop asking!

I am just looking for bookings at the moment. Thought it sounded good, because if they didn't call back then they really wouldn't be interested.

Oh well... maybe I will think of something else.

Stephanie

What we are saying is the principle applies throughout for any no, even bookings. The recruiting stories are more obvious and dramatic book a no for bookings may mean not now. If they say no, ask if you can contact them in a month or two or add them to your newsletter list.

GREAT idea!

Ok, I am thinking more clearly now, as I am making tons of calls. I am still getting bookings for May!! I see what you guys are saying now that I am thinking differently. Sometimes you just get tired of people.... know what I mean?? Things are definately looking up!! Thanks for hanging with me!

Stephanie

Glad to hear this, because I have a gal who I've been calling since Dec. about the opportunity. Sometimes she calls back sometimes not. I said to my director yesterday at what point do I stop? And she said "never" or unless the gal says she is no longer interested or to stop calling.

I will keep at it!

StephsKitchen said:
Ok, I am thinking more clearly now, as I am making tons of calls. I am still getting bookings for May!! I see what you guys are saying now that I am thinking differently. Sometimes you just get tired of people.... know what I mean?? Things are definately looking up!! Thanks for hanging with me!

Stephanie

No problem! Sometimes you have to get your mind switched and get that focus back.

Our business is about people but the people are what make it difficult!

My upline suggested that I call everyone that I have done business with over the past 6 years. So, I have out the first container of survey slips.. and working on that. Things are looking up.. I have 4 shows left this month, 3 for June so far, 1 for July. So... things are turning around. Not where I want it yet, but things are improving with phone calls. I am hoping to get to the point where I get to the limit I want! But that can only be done with shows, meeting people, and the one thing we love the most... PHONE CALLS!!!

Anyhow.. I'll keep you guys posted!

Stephanie

Good job! Keep chugging!

I like your idea. I think people just get too distracted to call back. I might call a couple of times and leave a message. Then, on the third call say that you're not going to keep calling right now but that if they'll call back and consider having a show (no obligation), then you will give them xxxx. I don't think it's any different than giving an incentive at a show from a booking tree or whatnot.

If they don't call back and I think they are truly interested, I'll say something like "I don't want to bother you now and figure you're really busy. I'll call you at the end of summer/when schools out/after the holidays." Then, I call them in a few months. Sometimes it pays off....

I think that could backfire - if they get used to you offering an extra incentive by holding out it promotes the behavior of not calling back until you get a promotion. Heck, I do it. I never renew on the first magazine notice, because I know the price will come down. And I know I'm not the only one!

KateD said:
I think that could backfire - if they get used to you offering an extra incentive by holding out it promotes the behavior of not calling back until you get a promotion.

Heck, I do it. I never renew on the first magazine notice, because I know the price will come down. And I know I'm not the only one!

lol, i do that too! :)

Been away from the site for a few days, so I'm just now catching up. My first thought was, "Oh, no. I'd be afraid they'd expect something every time they returned a call." Sounds like you've reconsidered, though.

Oh, yeah.... I decided against that. I have my business going back in the direction where I want it. Of course, none of the messages I left have been returned... but I never did offer anything to call back. I might have been at a desperate moment then Rae. Don't worry, I am all good.

Steph

GETTING PEOPLE TO CALL BACK:

This really works! - You can leave it on an answering machine...

Hi, Marti! I was reviewing your receipt from the Pampered Chef Cooking show we did at Tammy's a year ago in October - and have some really good news for you. Call me as soon as you can at XXX-XXXX.

Another one that works about 60% of the time is,
Hi Marti! I was reviewing your receipt from the Pampered Chef cooking show we just had in March, and have a question about it. Could you call me back at XXX-XXXX.

Your good news is: current host specials / sharing your HWC goals / etc.

Your question is: are they enjoying the fantastic product? Do they already own a (cross sell item) that works so nicely with it. Do they need a couple suggestions for other ways to use it?

Scott ... I love every one of your posts .. I wish you were in Wave 1!

Thanks Scott..My good news for this round of calls is 'We can Help Whip Cancer" and I'll introduce the specials.

1. How do I qualify for the "Call Back & Receive 10% Off or Enter for a Chance to Win" promotion?

To qualify for this promotion, you must place an order with a Pampered Chef consultant and provide your contact information for a follow-up call. This will automatically enter you into the drawing for a chance to win, and you will also receive 10% off your next order if you are selected as a winner.

2. Can I enter for a chance to win without making a purchase?

Yes, you can enter for a chance to win by calling our customer service line and providing your contact information. However, only customers who make a purchase through a Pampered Chef consultant are eligible for the 10% off discount.

3. How will I know if I am selected as a winner?

If you are selected as a winner, you will be contacted by a Pampered Chef consultant or customer service representative via the contact information you provided. Winners will also be announced on our website and social media pages.

4. Can I still receive the 10% off discount if I am not selected as a winner?

Yes, the 10% off discount will still apply to your next order even if you are not selected as a winner. As long as you have provided your contact information for a follow-up call, you will receive the discount.

5. How many times can I enter for a chance to win?

You can enter for a chance to win once per purchase made through a Pampered Chef consultant. However, you can make multiple purchases and enter each time to increase your chances of winning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies