• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buy Shredded Cheese? - A Cookbook Review

In summary, the Latin cookbook suggests that people buy shredded cheese, and the reason given is that it is in the quick tips section.
Shawnna
Gold Member
I was reading through the new Latin cookbook...which I love, love, love...and I noticed in the back there is a page with quick tips. One of the tips is to buy shredded cheese. I am going to go back through all my cookbooks to see if they also suggest this. I have been telling my customers for years that they shouldn't buy shredded cheese because block cheese is more affordable, and shredded cheese ruins faster, and besides they put a lot of yucky fillers in prepackaged shredded cheese...and now our cookbook says "buy shredded cheese".:eek::yuck::rolleyes:

Strange. I would email HO and ask them about this and why they would since we are trying to show products to actually GRATE the cheese. HELLO???!!!

My guess is that they are saying this because it is in the quick tips section and people are looking for ways to save time, and buying pre-shredded cheese is one of them. I think we can definitely mention that while it can save time to buy it pre-shredded, it can save money and be healthier to shred it ourselves. Just another tips we gave give our customers through personal service... thanks for pointing this out Shawnna! I have never really talked about block versus shredded cheese at shows and I think this will be a great thing to bring up!

Not all preshredded cheese has a bunch of fillers. (read the labels) I buy preshredded cheese all the time, and always give my hosts the choice(Except of hard cheeses!).

LOL - my freezer is full of shredded cheese - I stock up when it's on sale.:D

A tip to give those who buy blocks of cheese: take it out of the plastic packaging, and wrap it in foil. It's sealed enough not to dry out, but breathes enough to help so it doesn't mold so quickly!

Oh...and if you must buy preshredded (I do sometimes too!) make sure that you sqeeze as much air out of the package before you seal it. That helps so it doesn't mold quickly!

KellyTheChef said:
A tip to give those who buy blocks of cheese: take it out of the plastic packaging, and wrap it in foil. It's sealed enough not to dry out, but breathes enough to help so it doesn't mold so quickly!

Oh...and if you must buy preshredded (I do sometimes too!) make sure that you sqeeze as much air out of the package before you seal it. That helps so it doesn't mold quickly!

If I'm not going to use the whole bag of shredded cheese, I will often just toss it back in the freezer. It thaws really quickly, and can be stirred into or sprinkled on recipes while still partially frozen.

1. Can I use any type of shredded cheese in the recipes?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese that you prefer in the recipes. The cookbook offers a variety of recipes that call for different types of shredded cheese, so you can choose the one that best suits your taste.

2. Are the recipes in the cookbook easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in the cookbook are designed to be easy to follow for all skill levels. They include step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure your dishes turn out delicious.

3. Is the cookbook suitable for beginners?

Yes, the cookbook is suitable for beginners. It includes a variety of recipes that are perfect for those who are new to cooking with shredded cheese. The instructions are easy to follow and the recipes use simple ingredients.

4. Can I find recipes for both sweet and savory dishes in the cookbook?

Yes, the cookbook offers a mix of sweet and savory dishes that feature shredded cheese as a main ingredient. You can find recipes for everything from cheesy casseroles to delicious desserts.

5. Are there any special techniques or tools needed for the recipes?

No, the recipes in the cookbook do not require any special techniques or tools. As long as you have basic kitchen equipment and ingredients, you should be able to make the dishes without any issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• micocina
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenne
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Kitchen Diva