• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Business Card Dilemma: Address or No Address? Expert Tips and Advice

In summary, don't put your address on your business cards because it can be found by someone using a search engine.
SillyChef
I am currently making business cards. Who puts their address on them? I get kinda creeped out about some weirdo finding out where I live! lol.

Just made mine two days ago. No addy just name, phone, email, website, etc. I wouldn't put an address on mine for the same reason. If they're interested, I gave them at 3 ways to contact me.

Yeah. Since I am going to be giving them out all over the place, I just didn't feel comfortable. :/ Staying at home all day with my son, and some weirdo comes cruising up isn't my idea of FUN. lol.

No address!!!

Address?I don't put mine on because it localizes you to an area and people think you won't travel 1/2 hr or 45 minutes to their house for a show. Someone mentioned that to me once and that's all it took!

No Address either

but did you know that anyone can do a search on the web (www.switchboard.com & www.verizon.com to name a few) that will give out your address by checking your name or phone number (reverse lookup)

sorry to give bad news

~

Don't ever give out your address unless you know who you are giving it to. But most of all NEVER advertise it. To many weirdos out there!!!!:(

I do not have an address on mine either, just phone, email, and web address. I also have an unlisted phone number so I don't have to worry about the reverse-search.

I put my email, phone and address on mine. Hosts always say I have your address when it comes time to mail the check

The only time I've been creeped out was due to an order from a PTA fundraiser a man had seen our article & called me wanting to order for a friend. He'd never heard of PC & wanted to see the product (I called a friend to come over before he arrived) he came in made comments about my home, where our bedrooms were, my antiques etc. Only gave me a PO #, no phone # and spent $100 cash (he chose to buy inventory)
He gave me the willies, 2 years later I'm prepaping to leave for a Christmas party, he's sitting in my driveway in the dark in the same worn out cadillac, he gets out introduces himself this time he comments on my new past, present and future ring, the leather interior of my expedition (this time I sent DS in the house to bring out what he thought he wanted to buy). & made my kids go with us that night. He'd obviously seen me loading th car so knew I was leaving.
I worried about him for weeks, then one day he showed up on the front page of our newspaper........ the newest elementary school was being built and named after his mom. turns out he is very wealthy bachelor (eccentic but wealthy)

I also don't use my address, and I use my cell phone for business--it's on my car too. so that helps, although anyone can follow me home i guess!

No address on mine - too many creepy people out there!

Hmmm... I didn't think about creepy people when I had mine done .. .so it has my address and the reason is this... I had to mail a check to my consultant... now my recruiter... when I hosted a show years ago and I had to spend my time calling and waiting to get up with her so that I could get her address to send it and personally I found that annoying... and I never forgot that... so ... I'll have to pray God protects me from the wierdos! :) When I run out... I'll re-evaluate whether to include it again. Great discussion! I love CS!

I have no address for two reasons...

1. I was knew I was going to be moving.
2. I was at a bridal fair once and a gal said, Oh, but you live in ***, so you won't want to drive to ***. Sure I will!

Wow, I need to take my address off! Geesh! :eek: I guess I assume too much. :rolleyes:

I just figure that if they want your address, they'll find it anyway! I especially love www.411.com's phone number finder and reverse phone lookup...I am not a stalker, but it comes in handy sometimes!! You think that that is scary, check yourself out at http://www.zabasearch.com/.

jenniferknapp said:
I just figure that if they want your address, they'll find it anyway! I especially love www.411.com's phone number finder and reverse phone lookup...I am not a stalker, but it comes in handy sometimes!! You think that that is scary, check yourself out at http://[COLOR="Red"][I]www.zabasearch.com[/I][/COLOR]/.

I just did that and that is too weird!!!

They had my new address and my birthday:eek: :eek: :eek:

~

Unfortunately, even when you are "unlisted", as we are for personal reasons, a lot of sites like switchboard, etc., will have your information. You can remove the listing, but need to check back periodically to make sure it hasn't been re-added.

I am a no address person for all the reasons stated above. I don't want to sound paranoid (everybody sing now..."I always feel like...somebody's watching me...), but I would rather wait an extra day for a check periodically than have my address out there for all the world to see. My hosts and customers who need it have it...

I also hate "drop bys", which is one of the reasons I like living on base. It cuts way down on that!

HTH!

I really hadn't thought about some of these issues. I have my address on mine. I've never been particularly worried about the wierdo factor. I do, however, live in a tiny little area. I've done shows (and would gladly do many more) within a two-hour drive of my home. It never occurred to me that having my address on my card might be limiting my sales area.

Thankfully, I use the blank cards and print my own info, so I can make that change right away. Thanks.

dannyzmom said:
No address on mine - too many creepy people out there!

Carolyn,
What do you have on yours?

Personally, I see no reason why anyone needs my address.
My cards have my name, cell phone, website & email address. In the extra space where the address would go it says: Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows, Fundraisers, Wedding Registry.
:D

I put my address on mine because I never thought not to. I guess I'm too trusting. Luckily I've never had a problem. However, I need to order more & will NOT be putting it on those!

SusanBP0129 said:
Personally, I see no reason why anyone needs my address.
My cards have my name, cell phone, website & email address. In the extra space where the address would go it says: Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows, Fundraisers, Wedding Registry.
:D

Do you make your own, or get them from Merrill?

Merrill :)

Jilleysue said:
Carolyn,

Name
Title
Consultant #
Phone#
Cell#

pamperedgirl3 said:
Do you make your own, or get them from Merrill?

I have the ones from Merrill

jenniferknapp said:
I just figure that if they want your address, they'll find it anyway! I especially love www.411.com's phone number finder and reverse phone lookup...I am not a stalker, but it comes in handy sometimes!! You think that that is scary, check yourself out at http://www.zabasearch.com/.

That zabasearch is freaky! It showed me and my last 3 addresses....

That search only had me on it with my maiden name and one 1 really old address. I guess I should be happy But I did find an old boyfriend on it :) weird

No address. If they need that information, I can give that to them later.

I thought the ones from Merrill are automatically templated to include your address - I know when I went to order some, all that information came up automatically, so mine have my address.
I wish they did not - can we delete that info on Merrill? I am due to order more soon.

Cindycooks said:
I thought the ones from Merrill are automatically templated to include your address - I know when I went to order some, all that information came up automatically, so mine have my address.
I wish they did not - can we delete that info on Merrill? I am due to order more soon.

Cindy,

You can include or eliminate the information that you want on your cards.
I have Merrill business cards and I chose not to list my address. It's been awhile but I think I just deleted the information (that they had formated) from the boxes that I didn't want listed.

HTH

pamperdawn said:
I don't put mine on because it localizes you to an area and people think you won't travel 1/2 hr or 45 minutes to their house for a show. Someone mentioned that to me once and that's all it took!

VERY GOOD business tip Dawn!! Thanks

I have my PO Box on there, but not my physical address. Even if they get my physical address from the number I can show them the forged cutlery and scare them away!!

If it is a male I will show him the salad chopper and how I will use it if he tried to mess with me!!

I always thought the Meat Lifters and the Meat Pounder would make good defensive weapons.

I have my address on my business cards that I put with host packets, and on my stamp I don't have it I might do it the other way around.

Wow, I've never thought about some of the things you guys have brought up! I've always had my address on my business cards. Never thought about weirdos and have never had a problem. You raise some good points.

My reason for putting my address on my card was so that hosts and customers could have it to mail me their checks.

When this batch runs out (I prefer Merrill) I will rethink using it. Of course, in this day and age of always improving technology, if someone wants my personal information bad enough they will find a way to get it.

Jilleysue said:
Carolyn,
I 2ND that! No WAY list my home address. Yikes:eek:

I Have a box at the local UPS store just for that prupose. It counts as a real address too because there is Always someone there to sigh for stuff:)

Yeah. I have decided NO address then .:D

Well let em find me, I'll either try to book a show, sell em something or hit em over the head with some cookware...either way...they are getting some part of Pampered Chef..since they got the info from my Business CARD...LOL

gilliandanielle said:
I have my PO Box on there, but not my physical address. Even if they get my physical address from the number I can show them the forged cutlery and scare them away!!

If it is a male I will show him the salad chopper and how I will use it if he tried to mess with me!!
Good one Jillian:D ROFL hahahahahehehehahaha

GeorgiaPeach said:
Wow, I've never thought about some of the things you guys have brought up! I've always had my address on my business cards. Never thought about weirdos and have never had a problem. You raise some good points.

My reason for putting my address on my card was so that hosts and customers could have it to mail me their checks.

When this batch runs out (I prefer Merrill) I will rethink using it. Of course, in this day and age of always improving technology, if someone wants my personal information bad enough they will find a way to get it.
Regarding the need for the host having your address. I Never leave a show without a blank check from the host to cover any additional outside orders OR we discuss how she will put it on her credit card. Sooooooo Much easier not to have to hunt someone down so we can submit a show.

That is scary!!! I looked myself up..Oh it is scary if someone really wants to find out information on you they can get it..That gives me the williey's...

I live in a teeny-tiny town, but my husband works third shift... I'm nervous ENOUGH at night... there's no WAY my cards will have my address on them!We use Vonage for our telephone service... so we're not listed in any phone books.If I put an address on my cards, I'll get a P.O. Box first.I'm far, far too paranoid.

Teresa Lynn said:
I put my email, phone and address on mine. Hosts always say I have your address when it comes time to mail the check

The only time I've been creeped out was due to an order from a PTA fundraiser a man had seen our article & called me wanting to order for a friend. He'd never heard of PC & wanted to see the product (I called a friend to come over before he arrived) he came in made comments about my home, where our bedrooms were, my antiques etc. Only gave me a PO #, no phone # and spent $100 cash (he chose to buy inventory)
He gave me the willies, 2 years later I'm prepaping to leave for a Christmas party, he's sitting in my driveway in the dark in the same worn out cadillac, he gets out introduces himself this time he comments on my new past, present and future ring, the leather interior of my expedition (this time I sent DS in the house to bring out what he thought he wanted to buy). & made my kids go with us that night. He'd obviously seen me loading th car so knew I was leaving.
I worried about him for weeks, then one day he showed up on the front page of our newspaper........ the newest elementary school was being built and named after his mom. turns out he is very wealthy bachelor (eccentic but wealthy)

OK....THAT IS CREEPY!!!!!!

I am ordering this month - they will have my PO box on them - I wouldn't put my physical address on there!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • SusanBP0129