• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Fair This Sunday...need Suggestions Please

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who has the opportunity to participate in a local bridal fair and is seeking suggestions and advice. They discuss ideas for their display, what paperwork to bring, and the possibility of doing a giveaway. One consultant suggests making a doll cake for display and another suggests using a special icing to prevent it from getting yucky. They also mention using the fair as a way to get bookings through a drawing for a free show.
Kristen
I found out this morning that I have the opportunity to participate in a local bridal fair this Sunday. I'm really excited, but very nervous because I just got my Starter Kit last week!

I really need some suggestions. First of all, any suggestions on my display? I will have an 8' draped table. I obviously have all the starter kit products, plus I have some other stuff I bought before I joined (various cooking utensils, some stoneware, the desserts cookbook). I have no Simple Additions yet. :( I did place a small sample order on Friday but I don't know if it will arrive in time.

Second, what kind of paperwork should I bring? I'm putting together a binder with a sheet on the gift registry and one on the gift certificates. My awesome recruiter is sending me the Pampered Bride flyer too. :) Should I hand anything out (business cards, flyers, S/S catalogs, etc) with my info on them, or do you think those are likely to get tossed? I was also planning to bring blank gift certificates and some host packets. What are your thoughts on doing a giveaway? I'm kind of thinking I don't want to mess with it, since I'm sure I'll be so focused on everything else.

Does anyone have any other paperwork that they've used at a bridal fair? I would appreciate any and all help I can get. Thanks! :D

I just had a bridal show yesterday and I made the Bride cake with the classic batter bowl and everyone loved it. I realize this is a fair and you won't be serving food, but it would look neat as a display on your table. It's really easy to make. I went to the local craft store and bought the doll pick to put in it, then I made the dress in all white icing, nothing fancy. Everyone went nuts over it, and nobody could belive I baked it in the batter bowl.

You are on the right TrackKristen,

It sounds like you are bringing all of the right paperwork with you. I really like the idea of having the bride cake as a display.

Make sure you are use the spring/summer catalogs as giveaways (catalogs are too expensive for the new ones to end up in the trash a few booths down).

Also, I usually bring old celebration show recipe cards with me as giveaways. Almost everyone will stop if you offer them a recipe to take.

I would have a survey/drawing slip (my is in PC file under fesitival survey or drawing form - cant remember exact name), even if you will not be having a raffle or other drawing. Great way to get contact information and to know who is interested in what.

Have fun!

Last edited:
The doll cake is a great idea! I just saw a picture of one today (of course I can't remember where it was!). I wonder if it would get yucky sitting out all day. I really need that Chillzanne! I'll have to find out if I'm allowed to have food on display...I know I'm not allowed to serve food because of health department regulations.

Thanks for the tip on the survey/drawing slip. I was looking for one under the files section but searched "bridal". Didn't think of searching for "fairs". :)

The recipe for the Doll Cake is in the Celebrations cookbook. Use this recipe for the icing and it will not get yucky sitting out all day.

1 cup of crisco
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
3-4 TBLS water

Mix on in electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.

Not only does this icing taste awesome, it will set up and last forever. It gets hard enough so that the cake is easy to travel with, but not too hard to eat. My family loves it. You can even decorate the cake the day before and let it set out and not worry about covering it up. The icing seals in the moisture of the cake (I learned this when I took Wilton Cake Decorating classes) so it doesn't dry out.

Or if you're not allowed to even have food as display, you could make it and take a few pictures of it at different angles to display. :)

DrawingIf you are going to do a drawing do a free show you provide the ingredients. So that way you can call each one and mention they won the free show! Great way to get your bookings!
Candy McIntyre
Maine Consultant

I do this to!
pamperedchefme said:
If you are going to do a drawing do a free show you provide the ingredients. So that way you can call each one and mention they won the free show! Great way to get your bookings!
Candy McIntyre
Maine Consultant

I use this technique when I call people who are not interested in hosting a show! I tell them, they did not win the grand prize, but they did win a free KS. I do not always get bookings, but sometime someone who said they were not interested at the fair/festival, will book a show! Then I am better off than if I had not called, and I almost always provide the ingredients at my shows anyway, so I am not really out anything!

What is the purpose of the Bridal Fair?

The Bridal Fair is a special event designed for engaged couples to discover and explore products and services that can help them plan and prepare for their wedding day. It's a great opportunity for them to get ideas, inspiration, and advice from wedding professionals.

What kind of products will be featured at the Bridal Fair?

At the Bridal Fair, you can expect to see a wide range of products that are perfect for weddings and other special events. This includes kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, home decor, and more. We will also have a variety of wedding-specific items such as cake stands, serving platters, and personalized gifts.

Will there be any special deals or promotions at the Bridal Fair?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions available only at the Bridal Fair. We want to help couples save money while planning their special day, so be sure to stop by and take advantage of these amazing deals.

Can we register for Pampered Chef products at the Bridal Fair?

Absolutely! We offer a convenient and easy-to-use registry service for engaged couples. Our products make great gifts for weddings and other special occasions, and registering with us will ensure that you receive exactly what you want for your new home.

Do you offer any cooking or entertaining tips for newlyweds?

Yes, we do! Our Pampered Chef consultants are knowledgeable and experienced in cooking and entertaining, and they would be happy to share their tips and tricks with you. We also offer cooking classes and workshops that are perfect for couples to attend together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• citymouse
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pamperedpearl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedChefAlicia
  • dessertMama