• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brainstorming for the Babies R Us Event

In summary, everyone is going to focus on sales, bookings, and recruits at the BRU event. Linda is focusing on creating a plesant balance with all three, while also preparing for 200-300 people. She is going to bring samples of baby shower gifts, flyers for updates to the products for parents, and flyers for the event itself. She is also going to have a drawing box and raffle basket.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
What is everyone going to focus on for the BRU event? Sales, Bookings, Recruits? I'm trying to find a plesant balance with all three, but not sure exactly what to do & what to bring with me. My Director is going to do this with me - our BRU is expecting 200-300 people that day! Some things we've talked about are:

1) Sample Baby Shower Gift Package - putting together PC items that are great for new moms

2) Show the Super Starter kit - let them SEE exactly what $90 buys them

3) Flyers - we're updating the Products for Parents that I found out here plus she has a few others that we are trying to meld together.

4) Other flyers to have on display: HWC, Super Starter, Fundraiser, Wedding (hopefully they are already married! but have freinds or family that might use this service)

5) Demo some of the products so people can see how great they are. I think we're going to bring some carrots to use in the Food Chopper. Quick Stir Pitcher - put some glitter/confetti in there with water so they can see how well the plunger works. Probably a few others.

6) We're going to have a drawing box. First Prize (actually 2 of them since there are 2 of us) is a Gift Certificate to spend with us. Several runner-up prizes are Season's Best, maybe mini-whippers, bamboo tongs....(kinda depends on if they are there and if we have to mail it what it will be). And, of course, the FREE party! Our BRU said that we could make our Door Prize announcements over their speaker system (gets our name out there several times during the day too!)

7) Bookings - my focus is JUNE, JUNE, JUNE! I'm not really going to mention any other month or tell what the special is. I'll call them later to discuss if they want something after June.

8) Recruits - I don't have any....maybe this will be my first! We are going to display the SA Stand & Platter too.

9) Catalogs - We are going to use our old ones with that cute poem on them. May give out a few new ones, if they ask, and I think my Director has some of the mini-catalogs too.

What else??????
That's all I can think of right now. Any more ideas out there? Let's brainstorm together
Linda

Last edited:
I was thinking of make a poster board that has some of the info on it, like about promotions(Wedding Registry), HWC, June special, etc.

I was also going to have a separate little section on the table about recruiting. I have that "What $100 Can Get You Flyer" and I was thinking about putting that there with some of the recruting info.

I am also going to do a demo of the food chopper and I'm going to have the smaller Quick-Stir on hand and use that for a demo as well.

I have the micro-cooker and I wanted to bring that with me so talk about the convience and whatnot.

I am going to raffle off a goodies basket of things just for Mom to be pampered. I got a cute basket at the Dollar Store, and I'll get some loofas and whatnot that they can use to take a "mini-vacation" one day or night and relax after the baby is here, and a $25 gift certificate.

I don't have any of the other stuff for children, but I was thinking about cutting some of the stuff out from an old catalog and then doing the index card thing and it will focus on how to spend time with your other children and not make them feel like everyone loves the baby more.

I know that we can't take orders in the store, and in the case that some people want to order online, I am making a little postcard sort of thing that tells them how to order online in case they've never done so before.

Hi Carly,

I like your ideas.

For the raffle basket - are you charging for raffle tickets or is this a door prize drawing? Does the person have to be present to win? Here's my thouhgts on that...We decided to do gift certificates (only redeemable with us) because we didn't want to incur postage expenses if the person isn't there at the time of the drawing....plus it could lead to a larger order or even a show.

What's the index card thing?

Will you post your postcard ordering instructions? That sounds like a great idea.

Linda

I am just going to do the Door Prize slips and someone will win. It didn't cost me much for the basket either, It was $7 bucks for everything, which worked out nicely. The having to be present is something that I am thinking will have to happen because this is a bit far away from me and so I'm not going to mail it obviously. But, I think instead of waiting until everything is nearly over, I will do it near the middle of the few hours I'm there.

The index card thing I am working on myself. I am just going to cut out pictures of the kid's things that we have, and showcase how some of these items would make for a fun time with older children.

And yes, I shall definitely post the ordering instructions as well! I am going to work on those today, so they should be done today as well!

Oooh, and here is a flyer I am going to have as well:

ETA: These are the postcards that I made for people if they want to order online. I made them "girl" and "boy" themed. I printed them on Blue & Pink Cardstock and they turned out AWESOME!

I also have them in Publisher format as well.

Attachments

• Products for Parents.doc
    98 KB · Views: 421
  • Products for Kids.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 421
  • BRU How To Order.pdf
    185 KB · Views: 403
  • BRU How To Order - Girl.pdf
    165.5 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Recruiting PosterI bought the recruiting poster from Merril and I want to create a sign that says now hiring and maybe add something else that will catch their eye.

Sorry Maybe this is a silly question, but how do yall know about or go about setting up Pampered Chef events at BRU, Curves etc...
Thanks Nate

CarlyK said:
These are great! I'd love it if you could post the Publisher format - or send it to me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!
Linda

From this AWESOME Site!!!
PCNATE said:
Sorry Maybe this is a silly question, but how do yall know about or go about setting up Pampered Chef events at BRU, Curves etc...
Thanks Nate
Not silly at all. I read about it here! Then called my local stores. As far how to set-up....I'm winging it! I'm actually thinking about what I'd like to see at an event like this if I were a customer and I'm getting ideas off of this site as well.

I'm with Linda on this as well. This is going to be my first event ever, so I am thinking about how I am going to do it as well. I swear, without this site and the help of my directors, I would be totally lost!

I have a question. Are you bringing a table cloth or whatnot? I don't have a PC tablecloth (yet something else on my list) and I was just thinking about picking something up, but I don't know what.

But anyways, here is the publisher files. I couldn't tack them on to the other one because there wasn't enough room to add them to upload.

Attachments

• BRU How To Order.pub
    130 KB · Views: 315
  • BRU How To Order - Girl.pub
    97.5 KB · Views: 221
Thanks!Thanks fo rthe files Carly!

Yes, I'm bringing a table cloth. We are just going to get a plastic one from the Paper Store. Getting an aqua color one to go with the new spring products. We are looking to borrow a PC banner from someone in our group.

Let's remember the THEME for May at BRUIt's Pampered MOM.

You'll need to center your table around Pampering MOM.

Anyone have thoughts about that??

Of course the other stuff is great too, but let's try to stay within the BRU store THEME FOR THE MONTH

ltkacz said:
It's Pampered MOM.

You'll need to center your table around Pampering MOM.

Anyone have thoughts about that??

Of course the other stuff is great too, but let's try to stay within the BRU store THEME FOR THE MONTH

Maybe it's just me, but the items themselves PAMPER MOM because things like the quick-stir pitcher and such makes a mom's job a little bit easier. It's all relative and how you look at it I suppose... presenting the opportunity can also be considered pampering mom, because she might want to be home with her children but still earn some income.

It's all about how you look @ it though and present it.

7) Bookings - my focus is JUNE, JUNE, JUNE! I'm not really going to mention any other month or tell what the special is. I'll call them later to discuss if they want something after June.

I really want to focus on getting more bookings for June. What do you think of offer people upfront a free cooking show for June? I would create a flyer to have displayed about it. I would also give them a gift bag with the paper plates, cups and etc to give to them. Tell them I would mail out the invitations and be their personal shopper and maybe as an added incentive give them the new baster as a special gift or the Outdoor Party Plates.

Tell me what you think! :)

I am going to focus on June also! I will try to attach my flyer, hope it works! I plan on having this flyer on my BRU table along with giving it out to everyone, everywhere!! I will probably take the coupon off when on display on my BRU table. Otherwise I think I keep the rest the same. I took ideas from all over this site to come up with this flyer.:) Thanks to everyone who helped!! Wish me luck for June, I am shooting for 8 shows. I usually do 2-3 so 8 is a lot more! Somewhere in the back of my head I want to do 16 shows though! I know this is crazy for me but it would be so AWESOME if I could!!:D Wish me luck! Hope this is what you are lookign for and the best of luck to you also!!

View attachment june.doc

Thanks for the GREAT ideas and documents! Everyone is so creative!
I hope everybody does excellent at the BRU event.
Schel

Carly,

Is there anyway you can link the how to order in a word file? I do not have publisher and would love to use your idea for BRU but I can't change the info in adobe version. You could also email it to me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Abey

I am also going on Saturday with another consultant and we will have a tri-fold cardboard with one side featuring items that are great for new parents and kids. The middle will have info on the June specials for Hosts and Guests and we will have the round woven propped up underneath the flyers. On the other side we will have a flyer that says if they book a show today they will get the small quik-stir pitcher for free at their party. And the quik-stir will be placed under the flyer (we will have water with confetti in it so people can see how well it can mix drinks/formula or whatever)

We are also going to have a drawing that people can enter to win a free show. We are hoping to book them all for June :) And we will have a recipe card to hand out which has a little recruiting blurb on the back. (The recruiting thing has some words from other documents I've found on this site - so thank you to the original creator - but I added some and tweaked it to target our audience for this weekend.)

I'll post it and the recipe (postcard document) here for anyone who might want to use it with their information or change it for their use...

Good luck to everyone - I am very excited and am hoping that we get some bookings for June! My cluster is huge so it is really gonna be a stretch to have us qualify for the team challenge and I want the new product!!

Attachments

• recruiting card 4 to pg.doc
    29 KB · Views: 660
  • postcard.doc
    108.5 KB · Views: 419
Awesome Flyers!I don't have a BRU near me but I am reading through this thread - your flyers are AWESOME!!! Just had to tell you that!

CarlyK said:
I am just going to do the Door Prize slips and someone will win. It didn't cost me much for the basket either, It was $7 bucks for everything, which worked out nicely. The having to be present is something that I am thinking will have to happen because this is a bit far away from me and so I'm not going to mail it obviously. But, I think instead of waiting until everything is nearly over, I will do it near the middle of the few hours I'm there.

The index card thing I am working on myself. I am just going to cut out pictures of the kid's things that we have, and showcase how some of these items would make for a fun time with older children.

And yes, I shall definitely post the ordering instructions as well! I am going to work on those today, so they should be done today as well!

Oooh, and here is a flyer I am going to have as well:

ETA: These are the postcards that I made for people if they want to order online. I made them "girl" and "boy" themed. I printed them on Blue & Pink Cardstock and they turned out AWESOME!

Can some one please convert these to word? I have a BRU table for February 10th.

1. What is the purpose of the Brainstorming for the Babies R Us Event?

The purpose of the Brainstorming for the Babies R Us Event is to come up with creative ideas and suggestions for the upcoming event at Babies R Us. This event is focused on promoting Pampered Chef products related to baby care and parenting.

2. Who can participate in the Brainstorming for the Babies R Us Event?

Any Pampered Chef consultant who is interested in contributing ideas for the Babies R Us event can participate in the brainstorming session. This includes consultants of all ranks and levels of experience.

3. How will the ideas generated from the Brainstorming for the Babies R Us Event be used?

The ideas generated from the brainstorming session will be reviewed and considered by the event planning team. They will be used to create a successful and engaging event at Babies R Us, incorporating Pampered Chef products and concepts.

4. Is there a specific format for the Brainstorming for the Babies R Us Event?

No, there is no specific format for the brainstorming session. However, it is recommended to come prepared with ideas and be open to collaboration and building upon others' suggestions. The session will be facilitated by a Pampered Chef team member.

5. How long will the Brainstorming for the Babies R Us Event last?

The duration of the brainstorming session will depend on the number of participants and the amount of ideas generated. It is estimated to last between 1-2 hours. The exact timing will be communicated to participants prior to the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcwarr
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • ChefLisa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jjgrands1